Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2014, 08:19 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,197,584 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
I find it seriously disturbing-
because it's all part of the agenda.
And the masses just follow along....
no objections & no outrage
for losing freedom of speech.
I almost don't recognize this country anymore-
it's all downhill from here.
Freedom of speech does not mean that you are free from the repercussions of what you say. It only means that the GOVERNMENT can not punish you for what you say.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:20 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Question What's the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
NFL Player Fined After Posting Negative Tweets about Michael Sam

Well that should seal it. Im done with the NFL now if this is what its come to. A fine and "re-education" for daring to say he thought the kiss was gross?! Really?! ********* NFL and the rest of these loons.

This is un-American insanity. This is the sort of thing I knew would be coming after the gay marriage push. You cant even utter a single thought of a hint of negativity about anything homo or you get punished now. You aren't allowed to feel differently and say something about it now.

I found the kiss gross too. Thank God I dont work for an org. like the NFL that would punish me for daring to say so.
hmmmm...

Thought you free market conservos were all in favor of private concerns treating employees as they please.

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
That's what PC does, turns opinions into hate crimes, which means censorship.

``Monsieur l'abbé, I detest what you write, but I would give my life to make it possible for you to continue to write.''
Voltaire.

The above quote is what I believe freedom of speech is, anything less is censorship (PC).
Yup..I may not agree with what they say but I will defend their right to say it.
And for that I get called names as if I also hold the same opinion.

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Yes, Christian organizations are wrong. They are not wrong for "controlling people" they are wrong for sanctioning discrimination twoards gays. Religious views that endorse illegal actions (yes, discirmination is illegal) are wrong. This is no double standard. This is law.
Stay on topic. I am not talking about stopping gays from having rights, I am talking about how these organization tell gays that they are wrong for their lifestyle and how they try to change them. That is something that gay organizations complain is an attempt to tell people what to do in their bedroom.

But gay organizations aren't trying to control people by telling them what they can and cannot say?

This guy, Don Jones, said something that gays would disagree with but it was just his opinion. You said that gay activists are trying to control how individuals like this act.

Stop saying the same thing over and over and just acknowledge that gay activists are trying to control people like Don Jones.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtitans View Post
Are a man and man capable of procreating a child? They can't do that without a mother to carry the child. Even though those two men are in relationship, if they find a surrogate mother, only one of those men is the biological father of that child, so how is that nature, when one of the father is not even blood related to the child?

Let's distinguish what is natural and unnatural. If somebody walked up to you in the street and just slapped you across the face, would that be natural? Attribute what God has created to God, and what man has created to man. If it was natural for homosexual couples to be in existence then they would be able to procreate just like heterosexual couples. The truth is, no matter how many excuses is brought up in this conversation, the two are not the same.
What about a heterosexual couple that can't have children and choose to adobt? Neither are the biological parent. See how quickly your argument falls apart.

Yes, slapping something in the face is a natural act, not sure what that strawman argument has to do with anything though.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Exactly, how many Draft guys kissed their girlfriend after getting picked? Why should this guy not be able to kiss his partner without hearing backlash from it?
Probably because it got plastered all over the media and shoved in peoples' faces.
Nice way to "push" an issue.

His gayness seems to trump his football ability.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:22 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Are a man and man capable of procreating a child? They can't do that without a mother to carry the child. Even though those two men are in relationship, if they find a surrogate mother, only one of those men is the biological father of that child, so how is that nature, when one of the father is not even blood related to the child?
How is it any different than when a woman is artificially inseminated with donor sperm because her mate is infertile? Should that be considered unnatural and sinful?

Quote:
Let's distinguish what is natural and unnatural. If somebody walked up to you in the street and just slapped you across the face, would that be natural? Attribute what God has created to God, and what man has created to man. If it was natural for homosexual couples to be in existence then they would be able to procreate just like heterosexual couples. The truth is, no matter how many excuses is brought up in this conversation, the two are not the same.

Is it not God that creates infertile straight people? Are they 'unnatural'?

Old 05-12-2014, 08:22 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Freedom of speech does not mean that you are free from the repercussions of what you say. It only means that the GOVERNMENT can not punish you for what you say.
I agree.

Independent leagues/businesses can do as they wish, and the customer will be the ultimate judge.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 AM

10,125 posts, read 13,979,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Life creation has nothing to do with this topic.

Logically, it is flawed to begin with. Sterile couples are now in the same boat as homosexuals?
Yes it does. You want homosexuals to be defined the same as heterosexuals and we are stating that they are not equal. They have conditions that make them different than heterosexuals.

The argument of sterile couples does not prove the overriding point that only a man and a woman produces a child. Your counterpoint does not change that.

Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Very narrow definition. So all is good until someone gets arrested for their opinion ?
When that happens it will be too late to do anything about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies