Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 01:37 AM

17,601 posts, read 17,629,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Yet if they are also receiving food stamps, why is there no food at home?
They're either not using it for food or they're selling it for cash for drugs.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:43 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
They're either not using it for food or they're selling it for cash for drugs.

Or maybe they are just spending it on stuff like chips, pop, and Little Debbies. Does anyone even know HOW to do simple food prep or put together a meal at home anymore?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:50 AM

7,308 posts, read 14,683,214 times
I heard next that they were going to offer a laundry service cause every child deserves to have clean clothes.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 AM

10,019 posts, read 8,621,189 times
I never ate lunch at school, was always worried I might have to crap and I have a phobia about using strange toilets. Of all the years I went to school I only crapped once and that was in my pants in the 1st grade. It was in music class and the teacher had her back to us playing the piano so she couldn't hear me calling or see my hand raised. After she was done so was I, She caught a whiff of me and walked me to the office. I left a trail all down the hall. She told me to wait in the hall while she called my mom. I saw the janitor coming with his mop and bucket and he was giving me the evil eye. My mom had to call a cab for me because she didn't drive and as I was getting into the cab I noticed the cabdriver was giving me the same evil eye that the janitor did. That's why I never ate lunch at school, I waited till I got home to eat like a pig.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:29 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,085,312 times
Quote:
What's next, boarding school in which the students must leave their parents and live in the school to be raised and educated by the state?
That's the wet dream of the left.

Critics slam MSNBC host

Old 05-13-2014, 04:33 AM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
This is new/news to me:

Supper is served at San Elizario High School - El Paso, Texas

After-school meals are now being served to high school students who are involved in after school activities, San Elizario Independent School District (Texas) officials said. Supper is offered at 4 p.m. and ends at 4:30 p.m. at the high school's cafeteria. The program, which began May 1, is funded through a reimbursement grant from the U.S. Department of Agriculture Child and Adult Care Food Program. Students who opt to stay for supper get a $3.21 meal for free through the grant reimbursement program.

Afterschool Programs | Food and Nutrition Service - Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
Child and Adult Care Food Program - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Fine by me as long as the family food stamps are reduced accordingly.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:41 AM

11,770 posts, read 5,781,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
The question one should be asking themselves is why can they not feed their children and come up with something better than it is the fault of the parent. I start by looking at our debt system of economics and wonder how far will it go, before every American (except the elite) ends going hungry, because food is priced at an enormous rate; only those who know how to grow crops and have land to do so, will be able to continue to eat up until the government puts a stop to that.

American keeps pushing the, the people should not have children envelope, until we become one with China Red.

And this issue with the school receiving grant money for a supper program, has nothing to do with a parents ability to care for their child, but every thing to do with one government entity asking from another government entity for funds, after expressing a 'need'. Why is there a need? Where did that need come from? How and what happened to cause the need?

The question I am so curious to get an answer too, is why the out rage on that and not that of a 6 Billion dollar pay and benefits going to our Congress and it members? Sure, you may see it as a waste too, however...

Roll the clock back to the days of the covered wagon and those who had no help with funding of any kind...if they couldn't put shoes on their children's feet, thus decided they shouldn't have children, who would be left to populate and pay that government(s) outrageous salary today?

People love to through that entitled word around when talking about government funded programs. Why not say who is really entitled in this country, those of our, corporate government, who can now do, what most of us only dream of doing, because we continue to give them our earned money to do it?

What people are purposing is for couples to give up their right to bear children and have families. Many don't even see that as wrong. So what is really being said here? Is this a redefinition of liberty?

You yourself said, "back to the days of the covered wagon and those who had no help with funding of any kind...if they couldn't put shoes on their children's feet, thus decided they shouldn't have children"

So what people are proposing is that today's society have to start taking responsibility for themselves and their decisions - just like those in he covered wagons. Then - if they couldn't afford shoes - they didn't have children Today - if they can't afford to feed and care for their children - they shouldn't have children. There's no redefinition of liberty - it's a redirection of so manys mindset in today's society.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:43 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is from the USDA, this is not a welfare program. More school lunches is basically subsidizing our agricultural sector, which is a GOOD thing. We should do the same for manufacturing, but I digress.
Agriculture is our biggest export; we have billions looking to buy our food.

So you think it's better we tax our own citizens (sucking otherwise productive money out of the economy) to subsidize our own food?

No wonder you people are poisonous to budgets; you really do think money is an abstract concept.

Old 05-13-2014, 04:46 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,593,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
The children will learn that the government will provide.
"The government will take care of me" is the unifying ethos of modern America.

Good thing governments don't last forever.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
And where would the money for these free meals (breakfast, lunch, and supper) come from?
The Farm Bill That Democrats whine about and complain that it's corporate welfare.
Quote:
What's next, boarding school in which the students must leave their parents and live in the school to be raised and educated by the state?
I wouldn't be surprised. There's no penalty to parents who receive food stamps but don't feed their children at/from home. It has to be done for free at school. Why should that change with any other social welfare benefit? Just give the parents increasing amounts of social welfare benefits, and then double pay to meet basic needs at school because although parents receive social welfare benefits, they don't use them to actually care for their kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies