Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2014, 08:56 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Hey my mic was too far from my face, but then again change the subject and launch personal attacks for no reason.

Good do you even drive?

Thumbs up if you speed up on the on ramp guys.

Explain to me again, how do highways require people to speed? Lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 09:02 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
I can tell you that.

If you are on I-10 in west Texas where they tow 3 trailers piggy backed and the posted limit is 75 MPH, but they are running 95 and if the wind is blowing hard out of the northwest the tractor will be in the passing lane, the last trailer will be in the breakdown lane. With a big rig ahead of you and another one behind you better keep up. The other option is to be nothing more than a greasy spot under the hot west Texas sun. No need to go that far try the NJ Pike.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:43 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,167,680 times
Quote:
Yes, because you personally never broke any laws, right? Next time you speed on a highway you should get a bullet to your head: if you chose to break the law you should be ready to bear the consequences.
Speeding doesn't make you a criminal. You haven't a clue do you? Instead of changing the subject, why not respond to the post itself instead of trying to be a douche. We aren't discussing speeding, we are discussing the intentional breaking into someone's personal property, and looking to steal something. How would you feel to wake up and find someone in your living room putting things in a bag, or in your garage going through your stuff. Maybe next time it will be someone looking for your daughter or your wife.. Gonna call 911 and wait? That's a great idea, let's say it take 5 minutes to get to your home, because there is actually police nearby.. In 5 minutes, your wife could be without a husband, and worse.

We are discussing the repercussions of committing multiple crimes, intentionally entering someone's property you have no right to be on, and then whatever else follows, because let's be straight, they weren't there to say Hello and share a beer. He got what was he was asking for, and all you can come up with as a response is,
Quote:
Yes, because you personally never broke any laws, right? Next time you speed on a highway you should get a bullet to your head: if you chose to break the law you should be ready to bear the consequences.

I bet you have a tingle running up your leg also, right?

Last edited by Darkatt; 05-21-2014 at 03:53 AM..

Old 05-21-2014, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Because you are required to keep up with the flow of traffic, and in fact in some states failing to to do so, will earn you a tkt. so if traffic is doing 80 in a 55, and you are doing 55, you will get a ticket. Are you still LOL? I hope so.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:57 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Your lawnmower is more valuable than a human life...

That tells us a lot about your priorities and values.
Ask the thief if my lawnmower is worth his/her life.

As I stated before, I would not shoot someone that was walking off with my lawnmower......I would however, warn them as they were approaching my property that I'm armed. If they are stupid enough to come at me, they will be put down.

People don't know if a criminal is a thief or a danger to their lives at the time.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:03 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,800 times
No, you're not required to drive over speed limit on any highway... Lol. There is a maximum speed and minimum speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
Because you are required to keep up with the flow of traffic, and in fact in some states failing to to do so, will earn you a tkt. so if traffic is doing 80 in a 55, and you are doing 55, you will get a ticket. Are you still LOL? I hope so.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:42 AM

Quote:
No, you're not required to drive over speed limit on any highway... Lol. There is a maximum speed and minimum speed.
You are incorrect. if you are in Alaska, and the flow of traffic is 80mph, and you decide to drive 55 because that is the posted speed limit, you will get a tkt for "blocking the reasonable flow of traffic".

Old 05-21-2014, 06:47 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
You are incorrect. if you are in Alaska, and the flow of traffic is 80mph, and you decide to drive 55 because that is the posted speed limit, you will get a tkt for "blocking the reasonable flow of traffic".
I have seen that happen in Detroit.

A man was pulling a horse trailer on I-75.....was going about 60.....5 miles an hour over the minimum...was told to keep up with traffic. (no ticket)

Old 05-21-2014, 11:57 AM

4,538 posts, read 6,449,583 times
A garage is usually separate from the house and usually does not have things of great value. Since the owner was in the house he should have called 911 waited inside and if guy comes indoors and he fears his life in danger shoot him.

But the guy also shot to kill a kid in in garage.

A guy near me actually had a group of guys on his front lawn threatening his kid and they never went on his front steps, his front door was locked. Instead of calling cops he went up stairs got a rifle, gave his son a handgun then unlocked door and the two went on front lawn and the idiot started shooting.

He ended up killing one of them who at time was standing on his sidewalk unarmed. And was just with the group was not one of the ones yelling.

In retrospect what was his best outcome? Going outside to a large group with two loaded weapons if he was lucky they ran off before he could shoot. Two cop cars pulling up to house they all would have ran.

This goes back to law class where a guy shot a criminal in his back trying to escape out his back window, really the death penalty is yours to decide over someone trying to steal a tv set or something.

Old 05-21-2014, 12:09 PM

9,884 posts, read 10,975,748 times
"A garage is usually separate from the garage."

REALLY???....

Of the five houses in this development, 3 have attached garages, and two have separate garages.
Seems to me the "usual" configuration around here is an attached garage. Most of the other houses in the local area have attached garages, also. It makes sense here, because very few people want to walk from that separate garage to the house in a 25 below zero blizzard!
Especially when carrying 2 weeks worth of groceries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies