Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
..I know.

The fat common law wife suggested that they should have left the garage half open. lol

Like Oscar Wilde once said in The picture of Dorian Gray,

“Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.”
above is what I've posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
What noble motive was in play here?

According to what I've read, the fat common law wife and the dumb ass killer believed they should have killed the poor thing in order to protect their family.

Again,

“Whenever a man does a thoroughly stupid thing, it is always from the noblest motives.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Please tell me where the punishment for theft is death?

No one is saying that the teenager should have been in that garage. No one is saying that stealing was OK. But to be shot 3 times with no warning in the dark is not the proportionate response. Moreover, the couple PLANNED the killing - they wanted to kill someone. They did it. Now they will pay, as they should.

The Hadd [i.e. the legal punishment prescribed by the Sharee'ah (Islamic law)] for a thief is to cut off the thief's hand. Allaah Almighty Says in the Noble Quran (what means):

“[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they earned [i.e. committed] as a deterrent [punishment] from Allaah. And Allaah is Exalted in Might and Wise.” [Quran 5:38]

In the united states, some folks seem to believe the punishment for theft is death. Amazing.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:18 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Not at all. I just understand the facts for this particular case. Do you?

There is no question that the 17 year old kid did something dumb and illegal, and he paid the ultimate price, but was it necessary?
the new thinkspeak, rape- robbery- mugging- burglary are "dumb things"-- not crimes.
breaking into my home at 3 am armed is a "misunderstanding by a troubled youth
jumping on a cop and trying to grab his gun-- is a cry for support and help by our troubled youth.
all of it-- a terrible misunderstanding. the authorities and home owners need to show some compassion and act more responsibly. those home owners and cops are the problem.
if cops and owners were to act properly crime would never occur
signed
the devil

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 12-18-2014 at 06:28 PM..

Old 12-18-2014, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
the new thinkspeak, rape robbery mugging burglary are "dumb things" not crimes.
Did he commit any crime? Did he even steal?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:26 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,721 times
Quote:
above is what I've posted

According to what I've read, the fat common law wife and the dumb ass killer believed they should have killed the poor thing in order to protect their family.

Again,

I read it the first time. You still haven't explained what the noble motive was. The dumb thing was laying a trap so he could kill someone. What's the noble motive behind that?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
I read it the first time. You still haven't explained what the noble motive was. The dumb thing was laying a trap so he could kill someone. What's the noble motive behind that?
TO THEM, the seemingly noble excuse and motive is "protect our family."

Protecting my property seems to be a noble excuse or an excuse for many legal gun owners for these ruthless and random killings. Get it?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:42 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,546,362 times
How can a person justify taking another person life over material possession

Old 12-18-2014, 06:47 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
The Hadd [i.e. the legal punishment prescribed by the Sharee'ah (Islamic law)] for a thief is to cut off the thief's hand. Allaah Almighty Says in the Noble Quran (what means):

“[As for] the thief, the male and the female, amputate their hands in recompense for what they earned [i.e. committed] as a deterrent [punishment] from Allaah. And Allaah is Exalted in Might and Wise.” [Quran 5:38]

In the united states, some folks seem to believe the punishment for theft is death. Amazing.
Actually, in America like everywhere else in the world, some folks believe that they are either more entitled to another persons possessions, or they feel that their own life is worth so little that it is an acceptable risk.
The gun owner is an obvious idiot. The exchange student an obvious criminal. Darwin got a win and so did society.

Old 12-18-2014, 06:48 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman619 View Post
How can a person justify taking another person life over material possession
The better question is: How can a person value their own life less than they do another person's material possessions?

Old 12-18-2014, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Actually, in America like everywhere else in the world, some folks believe that they are either more entitled to another persons possessions, or they feel that their own life is worth so little that it is an acceptable risk.
The gun owner is an obvious idiot. The exchange student an obvious criminal. Darwin got a win and so did society.
I agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies