Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2014, 06:01 PM

709 posts, read 656,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Being on someone else's property isn't enough which is why the murderer is up on charges. In all civilized states you also have to have a reasonable fear for your life and you have to convince a jury that it was reasonable to fear for your life. This is how civilized states deal with such things while barbarian states have the wild west where a lot more people get killed including a lot of innocent people. Not the NRA gives a crap about the innocent people murdered.
Innocent?

Interesting (and telling) choice of words...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2014, 06:04 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
Being on someone else's property isn't enough which is why the murderer is up on charges. In all civilized states you also have to have a reasonable fear for your life and you have to convince a jury that it was reasonable to fear for your life. This is how civilized states deal with such things while barbarian states have the wild west where a lot more people get killed including a lot of innocent people. Not the NRA gives a crap about the innocent people murdered.
And it was there, a young, strong looking male was in his house illegally.

I would love to see what you would do when your home is broken into, lets see how your "civilized states" and your moronic views save you from being attack and maybe killed..

The NRA does care about innocent people, they care so much they are helping people perverse and expend their their right to and the means to self defense..

Old 05-12-2014, 06:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Do you automatically shoot someone without warning when they come on your property, seems like they set this up leaving the garage door open and a purse in clear view. They knew exactly what they were doing, a video camera would have been more prudent or an alarm system.
He had an alarm. That alerted him to grab his gun, run outside, and blast away into his open and dark garage.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:08 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
And it was there, a young, strong looking male was in his house illegally.

I would love to see what you would do when your home is broken into, lets see how your "civilized states" and your moronic views save you from being attack and maybe killed..
First of all he didn't "break in" he walked into the garage that was purposely left open with bait and he shot him 4 times without one warning. If that is the threshold for killing we can be prepared for many more.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:12 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He had an alarm. That alerted him to grab his gun, run outside, and blast away into his open and dark garage.
Most alarm systems are on the outside and indicate a broken window or forced door, this was an internal alarm system that was purposely set to detect an intruder after they were inside, pretty obvious the intentions of the couple.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:15 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Quote:
Do you automatically shoot someone without warning when they come on your property, seems like they set this up leaving the garage door open and a purse in clear view. They knew exactly what they were doing, a video camera would have been more prudent or an alarm system.
We know one act was illegal. The other act is yet to be determined.

Neither of which involves the "gun culture".

I see an open garage, I keep walking. He didn't.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,738,640 times
Quote:
First of all he didn't "break in" he walked into the garage that was purposely left open with bait and he shot him 4 times without one warning. If that is the threshold for killing we can be prepared for many more.
That is is entering illegally, if a women is nude, and I have sex with her against her will, is that not still rape?

Old 05-12-2014, 06:16 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Your saying he didn't break in seems odd even though I think this homeowner was in the wrong. Fact- the kid broke into this home even if the door was wide open. He was on this homeowner's property illegally. I think the homeowner was wrong because he was no longer defending his home and actively searching and hoping for a burglar to fire upon. Basically, I do not fault the homeowner for protecting his property with a firearm. I fault him for his intent. Just like this student - who committed a criminal act - had the intent to steal. Tough case but the student is in no way an innocent here.

Old 05-12-2014, 06:23 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,033,442 times
Lot's of "tough guys" in the U$, who'd **** themselves if they didnt have their guns permanently grafted to their hands LOL. Self-defense means more than just using firearms for EVERY situation!!

Old 05-12-2014, 06:25 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Are you really saying this? So, now I should hide everything in my house, because someone thinks they need what I have?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies