Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 05:52 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
If you live in a state that has Castle Doctrine, it does. Castle Doctrine says that you can use deadly force against anyone who unlawfully enters your home, no questions asked.... as it should be. The fact that someone unlawfully enters your home is reason enough to fear for your life.
That is an oversimplification of Castle Doctrine and it does differ state to state, you can uses deadly force if you are reasonable threatened in most cases where someone enters your home but it depends. There have been plenty of friendly fire deaths of neighbors and friends in what were honest mistakes,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 05:53 PM

643 posts, read 917,867 times
why cant people just use bear spray on home intruders? using a gun is such a waste of human life.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by California831 View Post
why cant people just use bear spray on home intruders? using a gun is such a waste of human life.
Why would anyone want to risk their live...the intruder could have had a gun or, a knife.

BTW, what is bear spray and where do you get it???

I need a laugh.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,680 times
I bow my head to the gravity validity of your argument. LOL
I guess the logic of my argument was lost on you. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
At least one German citizen was anything but civilized.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:00 PM

338 posts, read 384,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
That is an oversimplification of Castle Doctrine and it does differ state to state, you can uses deadly force if you are reasonable threatened in most cases where someone enters your home but it depends. There have been plenty of friendly fire deaths of neighbors and friends in what were honest mistakes,
You don't need one in this State. You wake up to take a dump and open one eye while in bed. You see a intruder standing over your bed looking at you. The next thing he will see is muzzle flash and a loud pop.

No questions asked.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:12 PM

46,276 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Nobody says its a fair game but everybody points out that in any civilized country a TV or a car is not a reason to kill someone unless your safety is threatened. Not in Germany, not Canada, not in Australia and not in Japan. Coincidentally all of the mentioned above countries are much safer than ours. Any lessons taken here or this logic escapes you? lol
Many have said on this board, when they found out the guy had "set anyone up" that guy is wrong...

Many here are saying that it's the home owners fault, because he was robbed before...he set someone up, he is clearly wrong...does that logic escape you? It's obvious it does...

BTW, here is your safe "japan."

33 dead and 130 injured...sounds safe to me.... by KNIFES.....

Quote:
KUNMING, CHINA – More than 10 assailants slashed scores of people with knives at a train station in southern China, drawing police fire, in what authorities called a terrorist assault by ethnic separatists based in the far west, state media said Sunday. Thirty-three people were killed and 130 wounded in the attack
China says separatists behind frenzied knife attack; 33 dead | The Japan Times

Why have you not heard about this...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's because it was not a gun....see how pathetic you lefties are, it's apparent this logic has escaped you....Why you ask, well it was not done with a gun...

Old 05-13-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Obviously we all have the right to defend ourselves.

But it's nuts to start blazing away into the dark with a shotgun without having some idea what's there.
And that has been said over and over again by pro gun people, the anti gun people cannot figure that out!

Old 05-13-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Why would anyone want to risk their live...the intruder could have had a gun or, a knife.

BTW, what is bear spray and where do you get it???

I need a laugh.
It's there:

https://www.google.com/#q=Bear+spray

I don't agree with it....kinda like saying, just **** on yourself, that will keep you from being raped...

College women told to urinate or vomit to deter a rapist - CNN.com

Old 05-13-2014, 06:24 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
It's there:

https://www.google.com/#q=Bear+spray

I don't agree with it....kinda like saying, just **** on yourself, that will keep you from being raped...

College women told to urinate or vomit to deter a rapist - CNN.com
I have seen about 10 bears killed.

I have watched some pretty big holes put in them......they just kept coming.

Who knew we could have just sprayed?????

Old 05-13-2014, 07:01 PM

800 posts, read 781,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Many have said on this board, when they found out the guy had "set anyone up" that guy is wrong...

Many here are saying that it's the home owners fault, because he was robbed before...he set someone up, he is clearly wrong...does that logic escape you? It's obvious it does...

BTW, here is your safe "japan."

33 dead and 130 injured...sounds safe to me.... by KNIFES.....

China says separatists behind frenzied knife attack; 33 dead | The Japan Times

Why have you not heard about this...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh it's because it was not a gun....see how pathetic you lefties are, it's apparent this logic has escaped you....Why you ask, well it was not done with a gun...
Your point actually proves gun control advocates right.

The percentage of people who die in mass stabbings is considerably lower than mass shootings.

Bad people will do bad things. What they choose to do them with can be the difference between life and death
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies