Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 10:09 AM

1,070 posts, read 737,134 times

Advertisements

The defence can argue that the sun is square but were getting more of a picture here and mr. Kaarma doesn't look like a law abiding citizen simply trying to protect his property but rather like a crazy redneck with a marijuana addiction, gun and vendetta.

"The conversation was overheard by another hairdresser who told police the man had been going to the salon for years and always seemed “angry at the world.” The hairdresser added she was afraid of Kaarma."

"Neighbors and witnesses have since reported Kaarma was the instigator of several alleged road rage incidents in the neighborhood prior to the shooting."

http://missoulian.com/news/local/sla...9bb2963f4.html

Yup, sounds like a typical NRA member.... LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
The defense will argue that he was just blowing off steam. I've been a victim of property crime and my comments about the theif make Mr. Kaarma look like a nice guy.

I'm sure the defense will argue that the driving drunk is a separate issue.

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-15-2014 at 10:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 10:21 AM

16,873 posts, read 10,533,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Pages 15, 16 and 17 - before the incident Kaarma talked about killing kids (trespassers) "I'm seriously going to kill some f***ing kids... you'll see this on the f***ing news" and killing cops. Witnesses also say he was driving around the neighborhood drunk, cutting off and blocking other cars, and yelling gibberish.

http://newstalkkgvo.com/files/2014/0...NFORMATION.pdf
None of this should be admissible but who knows what the judge will do, it's not really relevant to anything.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:44 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,429,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
None of this should be admissible but who knows what the judge will do, it's not really relevant to anything.
It is totally relevant, it shows premeditation.

He told the hairdresser that he was tired because he had been up the last three nights, “waiting with his shotgun for some kids to come back into his garage again.”
"I'm go to kill some f***** kids, you’ll see this on the f*** news". Three days later and it is on the news.

Old 05-15-2014, 10:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,199,363 times
I thought getting caught with pot and guns will get you in big trouble.

Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,754,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Of course gun ownership has correlation to crime, the more guns, the more crime.
Compare stats for 20 million big Florida and 20 million big New York State.
Florida with concealed carry and SYG and New York State with restrictive gun laws.
New York state is the winner as it is much safer.

Then compare the US to Canada, with its very restrictive gun laws and realize that Canadian murder rate is FIVE TIMES LOWER than ours.

YOU ARE FIVE TIMES MORE LIKELY TO BE MURDERED IN GUN LOVING AMERICA THAN IN GUN HATING CANADA

Guns don't make us safer.
Quote:
Really? Lol

Where is New York on that list with respect to New Orleans, Houston, Dallas or Miami?

Stop here before you embarrass yourself lol

Your cherry picking logic is pure bs. New York has a Brady Campaign rating of 62, a gun ownership of 18%, and a gun murder rate of 2.7 per 100,000 people, yet there are over 25 other states many with almost triple the firearm ownership of New York, but have the same or a fraction of the gun related deaths per capita and a Brady rating ranging from 0-15 based on the states gun laws compared to New York rating of 62 points for their restrictive gun laws! The only one embarrassing themselves by using unintelligent logic and correlations is you...

Also, I'd like to point out that while you dismissed dozens of states that didn't support your bias views towards guns and instead choose to single out 1 state, how about compare the low gun ownership (3.6%) most restrictive place in the U.S., Washington DC, to all other states with it's gun murder rate of 16.5 per 100,000 people! I can cherry pick too... This only proves that it's a small hand full of idiots who are using guns to murder and are running up the numbers, i.e., skewing the statistics. Then we have people like you and the OP who will take the actions of an extremely low number of people who are committing a high number of crimes in mostly isolated low income areas in the U.S. and are idiotically projecting their actions on the rest of the 100 million gun owners who occupy 99% of the rest of the country who have not hurt or harmed a soul with their firearms...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_vio...tates_by_state
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr...es/10tbl20.xls
http://www.bradycampaign.org/sites/d...d_Rankings.pdf

Last edited by DoniDanko; 05-15-2014 at 11:47 AM..

Old 05-15-2014, 11:27 AM

4,396 posts, read 4,898,147 times
Quote:
The defence can argue that the sun is square but were getting more of a picture here and mr. Kaarma doesn't look like a law abiding citizen simply trying to protect his property but rather like a crazy redneck with a marijuana addiction, gun and vendetta.

"The conversation was overheard by another hairdresser who told police the man had been going to the salon for years and always seemed “angry at the world.†The hairdresser added she was afraid of Kaarma."

"Neighbors and witnesses have since reported Kaarma was the instigator of several alleged road rage incidents in the neighborhood prior to the shooting."

Slain German exchange student didn't burgle shooter's garage

Yup, sounds like a typical NRA member.... LOL
I'm an NRA Lifetime member. So is my wife. Sounds like you really haven't met many NRA members and you are just stereotyping based on your own bias.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post

Your cherry picking logic is pure bs. New York has a Brady Campaign rating of 62, a gun ownership of 18%, and a gun murder rate of 2.7 per 100,000 people, yet there are over 25 other states many with almost triple the firearm ownership of New York, but have the same or a fraction of the gun related deaths per capita and a Brady rating ranging from 0-15 based on the states gun laws compared to New York rating of 62 points for their restrictive gun laws! The only one embarrassing themselves by using unintelligent logic and correlations is you...

Lol. No, you're cherry picking your data, comparing densely populated 20 million residents big New York State to some scarcely populated states with not even the quarter of NYS population and no single city over 2 million in population. Hilarious, indeed. Lol

Anyways, even your flawed analysis clearly proves MY point as it shows that the states with lax gun laws have the same murder rates as gun restricting New York State which is by the way 20 million residents big and hosts an 8 million big, international port of New York City with millions of people passing through every year. That's what you said, right? So if the gun loving states crime rates are similar to that of gun restricting NYS than it means that guns haven't make those states SAFER, doesn't it? Lol. Than what's the point?

In reality and when comparing states of similar population and density the gun controlling states are much safer, just like 20 million big NYS is safer than 20 million big Florida, even though the latter has very lax gun laws, CCW and SYG. Apparently guns and SYG do not help making Florida safer. They can't. Then you have an example of Canada, Australia and any other industrialized nation showing that strict gun control results in murder rates few times lower than ours.

Here it is the list of the ten most dangerous states in the nation... All gun loving states are there, this is how gun laws work in reality.

The Top 10 Most Dangerous States

Tennessee
Nevada
Alaska
New Mexico
South Carolina
Delaware
Louisiana
Florida
Maryland
Oklahoma

http://www.examiner.com/article/most...-united-states

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-15-2014 at 12:43 PM..

Old 05-15-2014, 12:47 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,794,946 times
Quote:
Lol. No, you're cherry picking your data, comparing densely populated 20 million residents big New York State to some scarcely populated states with not even the quarter of NYS population and no single city over 2 million in population. Hilarious, indeed. Lol

Anyways, even your flawed analysis clearly proves MY point as it shows that the states with lax gun laws have the same murder rates as gun restricting New York State which is by the way 20 million residents big and hosts an 8 million big, international port of New York City with millions of people passing through every year. That's what you said, right? So if the gun loving states crime rates are similar to that of gun restricting NYS than it means that guns haven't make those states SAFER, doesn't it? Lol. Than what's the point?

In reality and when comparing states of similar population and density the gun controlling states are much safer, just like 20 million big NYS is safer than 20 million big Florida, even though the latter has very lax gun laws, CCW and SYG. Apparently guns and SYG do not help making Florida safer. They can't. Then you have an example of Canada, Australia and any other industrialized nation showing that strict gun control results in murder rates few times lower than ours.

Here it is the list of the ten most dangerous states in the nation... All gun loving states are there, this is how gun laws work in reality.

The Top 10 Most Dangerous States

Tennessee
Nevada
Alaska
New Mexico
South Carolina
Delaware
Louisiana
Florida
Maryland
Oklahoma

Most dangerous states in the United States - National Conservative | Examiner.com
I guess someone didn't read the article they posted
In the report, it is said that the relationship between low income, low education and high crime rates appears to be well-documented. The states listed as having the most crime support this theory. Eight of the 10 states with the highest rates of violent crime have lower rates of adult citizens with bachelor’s degrees. Additionally, more than half of the 10 states with the highest rates of violent crime have median income levels below the national average.

Didn't see any mention of guns, crime looks to be tied to economic status, not gun ownership. Nice try though.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:52 PM

Just because the article (in a conservative publication) doesn't mention it does not mean that such a correlation does not exist. The list of the most dangerous states clearly shows that guns do not make for safe states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I guess someone didn't read the article they posted
In the report, it is said that the relationship between low income, low education and high crime rates appears to be well-documented. The states listed as having the most crime support this theory. Eight of the 10 states with the highest rates of violent crime have lower rates of adult citizens with bachelor’s degrees. Additionally, more than half of the 10 states with the highest rates of violent crime have median income levels below the national average.

Didn't see any mention of guns, crime looks to be tied to economic status, not gun ownership. Nice try though.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:54 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,278,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
So now YOUR the "sick one" for protecting your property?
He wasn't protecting anything. If I want to protect something, I lock it up out of sight. I don't leave it out and hope someone comes along to steal it so I can shoot them, like the murderer you're defending did.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies