Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 05:34 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,680 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
What, the picture that anyone can cut and paste into thier blog site?

You still have not provided the link to where you got the map from....
C'mon now. I thought that participation in online discussion implies basic internet skills like searching through google.... Here:

Monday Map: Nonpayers By State | Tax Foundation

The link is above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Not all, but most...and since this is a non profit org......well, if you are able to make the link...

Yes,
.com = commercial
.org =s not for profit
.gov =s governmental

Your quotes above, is what happens when you cannot defend anythig you have stated...all you are doing is sayinig "I'm right" and you are wrong...how leftist of you!

I am lost here. What is it that I supposedly can't defend?

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-19-2014 at 06:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 PM

Cincy, that is an important point you just made: we are arguing with people who have very little knowledge about politics and the political scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyIU29 View Post
The fact that you have never heard of the Tax Foundation is compels me to believe you have had a very limited education in terms of NGO's, policy research, etc. The Tax Foundation is one of the largest non-partisan NGO's in Washington and has been so for more than 70 years.

You can read all about them here:

About Us | Tax Foundation

I will also note their staff includes a number of avowed libertarians and conservatives in addition to liberals.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:49 PM

147 posts, read 147,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
So that was 25 years ago. What does it have to do with anything? Guess what, we have a better skyline, friendlier people and are three times the financial center and cultural Mecca Chicago ever was. On top of that we are economically succesful and much safer. Keep your Chicago. Lol
No you don't you have a cluster of bland boring buildings with one or two exceptions. No you don't it is a well known fact that Chicago people are more down to earth and friendly than NYC. Are you so ignorant as to think that Chicago is some Detroit? In Chicago the economy is a juggernaut. I know you like to think that NYC is the only financial center in the US but you are wrong. Chicago's commodities and futures exchanges are number one in the world. You aren't much safer either. The risk of being robbed of your purse in Times Square is high. The opposite is the case in Chicago's Loop.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Which facts are wrong. New York State is shrinking and major companies are leaving. New York City isn't going away and is a financial powerhouse - but it's barely holding its own.

But between 1990 and 2000, NYC grew by about 10%. Between 2000 and 2010, it grew by less than 200,000 people. A significant decrease in the growth rate. More important, the median income fell. More people in NYC live in poverty today than in 1990.

I got those facts from City-Data.

Just so you know Rapaport my "broke" Chicago grew by 113,000 people in one year whereas we see here your city only grew 200,000 in 10 years which is unimpressive to say the least.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:05 PM

Everything you said is a delusion that can be refuted with stats but since this is not the proper forum let me just point out one thing: Chicago's murder rate 18.5 while New York's just 5.1 per 100,000. That's how safe Chicago in comparison to New York City. H*ll, LA is safer than Chicago!

United States cities by crime rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prarie State View Post
No you don't you have a cluster of bland boring buildings with one or two exceptions. No you don't it is a well known fact that Chicago people are more down to earth and friendly than NYC. Are you so ignorant as to think that Chicago is some Detroit? In Chicago the economy is a juggernaut. I know you like to think that NYC is the only financial center in the US but you are wrong. Chicago's commodities and futures exchanges are number one in the world. You aren't much safer either. The risk of being robbed of your purse in Times Square is high. The opposite is the case in Chicago's Loop.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:09 PM

What's is really impressive is that Chicago and LA combined are still smaller than NYC lol

Seriously, you do realize this not the right forum for this, don't you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prarie State View Post
Just so you know Rapaport my "broke" Chicago grew by 113,000 people in one year whereas we see here your city only grew 200,000 in 10 years which is unimpressive to say the least.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:56 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Things are so rosy in NY that Cuomo just enacted Start-Up NY to try and entice people to stay or relocate by offering tax-free zones "to make NY more attractive to companies who are considering relocating to lower cost areas".

Old 05-19-2014, 07:08 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,741,572 times
Quote:
Cincy, that is an important point you just made: we are arguing with people who have very little knowledge about politics and the political scene.
Yeah we do, its just a different view then yours. Which are based on opinions and emotions...

Old 05-19-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Instead of throwing angry tantrums look at the data I just posted and realize that most freeloaders in this country live in the south, including Texas. That's some food for thought lol

Here it is again, take a look, you see those nice green shades all over south? This represents you guys. Be proud of who you are lol

You know what else is food for thought? The reason people are living on food stamps and such in the South is because your ******* government keeps pushing for them. Interesting thing is they focused on the South because it used to have the lowest rates of food stamp users in the nation but you lefties want more government dependency.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:12 PM

Quote:
What's is really impressive is that Chicago and LA combined are still smaller than NYC lol

Seriously, you do realize this not the right forum for this, don't you?
If it is so unnapealing and dangerous why do people move their? Besides you are the one who put down Chicago first so I naturally defend the city. Btw the EU has nothing to do with this thread either but it was fine here when YOU were the one discussing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies