Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2014, 12:05 PM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I have it bookmarked someplace, but there is more forrested land today in the USA than there was in 1900.
that is what Coalman said. glad to hear it....

Old 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I have it bookmarked someplace, but there is more forrested land today in the USA than there was in 1900.
I'm not going to look it up but if anyone interested the forest service has surveys, I think they are dacadal. It would be better described as stopped declining in he early 1900's, it's been steady since then and the increase is only minor.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:21 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
OMG Your absolutely right, I forgot about that....I forgot all of what I learned? My bad!

I believe that everything contributes, but I do not believe that is the reason it's speeding up....and I can also believe in deforestation...but there are many many many factors in causing this....things do not happen for one reason....

and that is my belief....the preceeding announcement has been paid for by myself....and no animals were harmed while writing this.

I'm not mocking you, just in a humorous mood this afternoon.
thanks for your reply

Old 05-13-2014, 12:22 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,104,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
At least here in the US the amount of forested area has actually increased since the early 1900's.

The US isn't the world. I meant as a whole.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:25 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,109,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
I absolutely agree with you!

Let's assume for the purposes of argument that there is catastrophic man made climate change. The notion that we, as a society are going to cut back emissions to the point of making a difference is ridiculously naive.
I mean if it is as bad as they say it is, it will require much more than biking to work a few days a week or changing to "green" lightbulbs. It would require a massive retooling of society as we know it that I don't even see the proponents of this theory being willing to adopt. If they are, they certainly aren't leading by example!

Then even IF we get all of America on board, there is the rest of the world. China, India, Latin America, all growing economies, and we are supposed to think they will shutter their factories and go back to riding bikes and rickshaws!

I mean basically, if it means going back to the pre-industrial age to reverse this, I don't realistically see it happening. Certainly not worldwide.

The warmists HAVE to realize this on some level so I have to wonder what their agenda is.

I see three possible choices…

1) They actually DO believe that we can reverse the climate by reverting back to the pre-industrial age or whatever their plan is to reverse the damage. They believe they can get the rest of the world onboard as well.
As Kara said, that is just INSANE arrogance!

2) Its become as a religion, a cult.
-Earth or Mother nature is God
-They are the true believers or the chosen ones
-The skeptics are the infidels or the heretics
-The threat of climate change is the threat of damnation or expulsion from paradise for sinning.
-The science and the IPCC reports are their bible. Infallible and unquestionable.
-Their high priests are Al Gore, James Hanson, et al.
Google "Environmentalism as a religion", this isn't a new concept.

3) It's about money. A UN wealth distribution plan, making money on carbon trading schemes, keeping the climate research funding (which is in the BILLIONS of dollars yearly) flowing, etc.
How on earth are you arguing it's about the money when there's a TRILLION dollar industry actively opposing the science?

Old 05-13-2014, 12:31 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Rush says it, he believes it, that settles it. Science and facts are for liberals, it seems.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:42 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Rush says it, he believes it, that settles it. Science and facts are for liberals, it seems.
MSNBC or the MSM says it, you believe it, that settles it. Science and facts are not part of your reasoning it seems.
(You actually wouldn't know REAL science or facts if they fell on your head since you seem to think that they aren't subject to politics and activism in regards to AGW)

Old 05-13-2014, 12:45 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
How on earth are you arguing it's about the money when there's a TRILLION dollar industry actively opposing the science?
1) I tend to doubt that there is trillions opposing climate science
2) Even if there were, that does not mean that the billions of dollars at play supporting AGW do not influence the science, the studies and the so called consensus.

Old 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,283,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
MSNBC or the MSM says it, you believe it, that settles it. Science and facts are not part of your reasoning it seems.
No. When I expose you guys as liars I show the facts the prove me right and you wrong.

Quote:
(You actually wouldn't know REAL science or facts if they fell on your head since you seem to think that they aren't subject to politics and activism in regards to AGW)
Does whining about me magically make your conspiracy theories true? How does that work?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:01 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Can you show me one example solution that isn't going to cost more money? That money is going to someone.

If you're going to curb CO2 it needs to be global effort and the only way you can do that is give developing nations large amounts of money and technology to not use fossil fuels. That's for starters and before we get into increased costs at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies