Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 04:58 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hooray for parochial schools.

My daughter will never hear any of that drivel.
"Social justice" is big on the Vatican Two churches list....

and "social justice" is invariably anti-white to the extreme.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:07 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
So poor white people have a lot of opportunities purely due to skin color. Okay. Name 3.
1) White people are generally free from police harassment based upon skin color

2) White people do not face housing discrimination which allows them to move communities more freely

3) White people are not followed around in stores under the assumption that they are thieves regardless of their actions

4) White people benefit from nepotism, cronyism, tribalism in the workplace

5) Job applicants receive greater response when they select "White" for their race

6) Many potential employers "weed out" candidates based upon names and zip codes giving preference to those who are more likely to be white.

7) Job candidates with the same qualifications are paid differently based on race

Old 05-13-2014, 05:12 PM

1,634 posts, read 1,209,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
1) White people are generally free from police harassment based upon skin color

2) White people do not face housing discrimination which allows them to move communities more freely

3) White people are not followed around in stores under the assumption that they are thieves regardless of their actions

4) White people benefit from nepotism, cronyism, tribalism in the workplace

5) Job applicants receive greater response when they select "White" for their race

6) Many potential employers "weed out" candidates based upon names and zip codes giving preference to those who are more likely to be white.

7) Job candidates with the same qualifications are paid differently based on race
got any proof that impoverished white people benefit from this?

ANY?

Besides your perpetuated and perceived talking points?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:17 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvPC3JERE6o

My God. Do most of you liberals really believe this stuff??!!

My kids are never going to public schools. I don't care if I have to work 3 jobs. These people are teaching or kids!!

So a nutty conference in Wisconsin is gonna force you to work 3 jobs.

Whatever pops your cork.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:21 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So a nutty conference in Wisconsin is gonna force you to work 3 jobs.

Whatever pops your cork.

I guess the big picture just went over your head.

My point was that if for some reason i can not afford private school off of one job, I will work 2 or 3 before I ever send them to public school. Especially if this sort of crap keeps up.

Id sure like to know what the hell "white privilege' has to do with the educational system. Just why are som many teachers and such attending this?

Old 05-13-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
besides some obscure anecdotal fluff?
The denial of the existence of white privilege IS white privilege.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChestRockwell View Post
besides some obscure anecdotal fluff?
Thats all they got. And discrimination goes both ways. If I go into a highly black neighborhood, etc, Im not always treated very well or the same as they treat each other.

Its called life. Life isnt fair.

Ive said it a thousands times, but Ill say it again. The biggest problem the black community has, are themselves. They let a number of them ruin it for the rest of them, through their culture. The hip hop, pants on the ground, acting like idiots in public, crime, drugs, etc.

And let's just say there is this HUGE white privilege that I some how have. What the hell is your answers to deal with it? I will never apologize for being white. I wont apologize for what happened to blacks years ago, I had nothing to do with it. What do you want, for us to kill ourselves? Hell, the world could be white free, and the black community isnt going to change much. Their culture will still have issues. Start parenting at home, start out reaches in your own communities.

If I had a store, you are damn right I would profile shoppers. Not always black or white, but how they dress and act would play part in it. Does that make me racist? Nope. That would make me a conscious business owner who doesnt play the PC game and cares about my store.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:36 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virtual Insanity View Post
Those people are not liberals. They're leftists.

They're completely right by the way. White privilege is a thing, and those who deny it are usually white people themselves. There is no such thing as racism against white people, because racism is institutional. Racism is seen in the fact that more black people were able to vote under Jim Crow Laws than they are today. Racism is seen in the inner-cities and ghettos, in the speeches of some of America's most loved politicians. When a black man tells his daughter she better not bring home a white man, that is not racism. That is discrimination. Know the difference. There can, by definition, be no such thing as racism against white people, until they start being targeted institutionally.

But again, this has nothing to do with liberalism. Democrats are almost as complicit as Republicans are. In fact, the liberals have been known to exploit the struggles of those victimized by white privilege while doing little to change anything. Think of all those liberals who take on the struggles of people they cannot relate to and than try to speak on their behalf. Gross.

I think the only thing wrong with leftists who call out white privilege is how whiny and annoying they sound, but that's just me, and that's my problem. What they're talking about is correct.
There are only Kingdoms, Divisions (or Phylum), Classes, Orders, Families, Genus, and Species. "Race" only exists in the minds of the truly ignorant.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The denial of the existence of white privilege IS white privilege.
The black communities problem is not white privilege. Its their own community and culture. Just how long are some of you going to continue blaming someone else for your problems? Why is it other black nationalities can come here and thrive, make something of themselves, black, Indian, Asian? But American blacks largely still struggle in greater numbers than they should? Its CULTURE. Its how you are raised and taught or not taught. Clean up your damn culture and community before you come whining about how "great" the white man have it.

My parents werent rich. But I didnt end up in jail. I joined the navy, worked hard, got out and got a job and keep clean. My color had not one damn thing to do with it.

Old 05-13-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Thats all they got. And discrimination goes both ways. If I go into a highly black neighborhood, etc, Im not always treated very well or the same as they treat each other.

Its called life. Life isnt fair.

Ive said it a thousands times, but Ill say it again. The biggest problem the black community has, are themselves. They let a number of them ruin it for the rest of them, through their culture. The hip hop, pants on the ground, acting like idiots in public, crime, drugs, etc.

And let's just say there is this HUGE white privilege that I some how have. What the hell is your answers to deal with it? I will never apologize for being white. I wont apologize for what happened to blacks years ago, I had nothing to do with it. What do you want, for us to kill ourselves? Hell, the world could be white free, and the black community isnt going to change much. Their culture will still have issues. Start parenting at home, start out reaches in your own communities.

If I had a store, you are damn right I would profile shoppers. Not always black or white, but how they dress and act would play part in it. Does that make me racist? Nope. That would make me a conscious business owner who doesnt play the PC game and cares about my store.

And yet ALL Whites are not judged by the child molesters, serial killers, drunk drivers, wife beaters, and drug addicts that walk amongst YOUR people. ALL Black people are judged by the actions of a few yet Whites receive the benefit of the doubt and are judged as individuals. THAT is white privilege.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies