Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which is Hillary's Worst Scandal?
Benghazi 28 68.29%
Whitewater 2 4.88%
Vince Foster 2 4.88%
The Next One 7 17.07%
Not Sure, I'm undecided 2 4.88%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 01:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times

Advertisements

All of them. We pay politicians and they should act in our benefit. If they have to hide what they are doing then it's not good and I shouldn't have to pay them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2014, 01:20 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Why are our politicians so corrupt....why is our country in such upheaval....and most of all, why does our society allow it, closing their eyes to the truth?
When I was a kid and I asked my mom too many times, "Why?"...She slapped me

No arguing those connected are corrupt and get a pass. I know this is about Hillary
but I just posted this on another thread...

He wasn't a Pres, but a brother, and he helped bring down the S & L's back in the '80's
Neil Bush paid a $50,000 fine, paid for him by Republican supporters and was banned from banking activities for his role in taking down Silverado, which cost taxpayers $1.3 billion - Wiki

They all stink.

Old 05-13-2014, 01:30 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,220 times
Whichever one Fox tells me is the worst.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times
What about the Travel Office scandal? This occurred in May 1993, just months after Bill Clinton was sworn in. They booted out longtime travel office director Billy Dale in favor of friends from Arkansas.

It wasn't good enough just to give Dale his walking papers, which they could have done at will. They brought in the FBI, which reluctantly investigated. IIRC the admin also threatened to bring in the IRS if the FBI declined to participate in the witchhunt.

A memo surfaced in which WH aided David Watkins told Chief of Staff Mack McClarty that there would be 'hell to pay' if Mrs. Clinton's wishes in the matter were not followed.
Memo Places Hillary Clinton At Core of Travel Office Case - NYTimes.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Times
In the memorandum, apparently intended for Thomas F. McLarty, who was the White House chief of staff, Mr. Watkins wrote that "we both know that there would be hell to pay" if "we failed to take swift and decisive action in conformity with the First Lady's wishes."
Billy Dale was eventually indicted for embezzlement, but acquitted of all charges by a jury.

Old 05-13-2014, 02:58 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,753,297 times
I would say that her marriage is the worst.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:22 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Glitch
Why do you think Republicans lost big in 2006 and 2008? The Republican conservative base had enough of their corruption and fiscal irresponsibility. Republicans at least make the attempt to clean up their own house. Whereas the more corrupt Democrat politicians are, the more likely they will be elected and reelected by their Democrat base. Democrats are all about obtaining power, at any cost.
I know this is true, however, I didn't see them trying to clean it up during the Bush administration, and I was sick to death of his and their politics....so I voted for Obama b/c I was sorely hungry for change...well, that was a joke, he is worse then Bush, and yet, he was re-elected, he has done this country more harm then any one, but with Hillary in office it could even be worse, except for the fact she is more seasoned, but, if your leaders are corrupt, so will your people be....and it's been going on for years.

Heard on the news this morning that Hillary's doctor made a statement about her fall, that she had brain damage, which could cause her some major medical problems if she continues in office?
I wonder if that is a ploy, b/c she knows, that a whole lot of people have begun to question her and all this stuff from their past will definately come out again, including Vince Foster and Whitewater.

What bothers me, is, people forget, and they have actually forgotten how Bill and Hillary got to wear they were going at all cost, including incriminating their close friends...not to mention, Vince Foster, I still am in the grey over that, as well as a whole lot of others who were connected to came to untimely deaths.

Pathetic, that these people are running our nation and character doesn't matter any longer. What do you expect from a criminal?

Clean up Washington, educate yourself (not you glitch) and demand change....big time law changes....to obey the law is to clean up America.

Old 05-14-2014, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
When I was a kid and I asked my mom too many times, "Why?"...She slapped me

No arguing those connected are corrupt and get a pass. I know this is about Hillary
but I just posted this on another thread...

He wasn't a Pres, but a brother, and he helped bring down the S & L's back in the '80's
Neil Bush paid a $50,000 fine, paid for him by Republican supporters and was banned from banking activities for his role in taking down Silverado, which cost taxpayers $1.3 billion - Wiki

They all stink.
Thank you for posting this, it is high time people take head....what really bothers me, is those who have their heads in the sand, call us conspiracy believers....HAH! I guess.....

I wonder just how many people know this, this little bit of information you posted here....why? Because people believe everything the news media tells them, and are so horridly misinformed....
What has been going on, is an insult to the taxpayers....yet, we pay them a salary to deceive us?

Yet, b/c people walk into a voting booth, they say, "Well, I did my share" and those of you who don't vote have no room to complain...shhheeeesh? Yanno who said that, a corrupt politician. How can people be so confounded stupid?

Old 05-14-2014, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
What about the Travel Office scandal? This occurred in May 1993, just months after Bill Clinton was sworn in. They booted out longtime travel office director Billy Dale in favor of friends from Arkansas.

It wasn't good enough just to give Dale his walking papers, which they could have done at will. They brought in the FBI, which reluctantly investigated. IIRC the admin also threatened to bring in the IRS if the FBI declined to participate in the witchhunt.

A memo surfaced in which WH aided David Watkins told Chief of Staff Mack McClarty that there would be 'hell to pay' if Mrs. Clinton's wishes in the matter were not followed.
Memo Places Hillary Clinton At Core of Travel Office Case - NYTimes.com

Billy Dale was eventually indicted for embezzlement, but acquitted of all charges by a jury.
Indeed, and if you google those who fell under the Clinton administration you'd be shocked, and yet, so many misinformed women out there would vote for her, why? BECAUSE SHE IS A WOMAN??????? I mean, SERIOUSLY?

They had a man of substance in there running for the republican party, but, no, "they" wanted Romney in there, which proves, he and all the others are puppets, cuz they sabatoged Cain! He was the very first Presidential Candidate that came out publically and said, "we've got to get the illegals out of this country, they are destroying the U.S." and all of a sudden people started listening, so they got rid of him but quick. Was he a perfect candidate? No, of course not, no one is....but you can't have it all, but people believe that you can and vote for candidates on one issue, instead of looking at the broader picture.

My son says, he'd rather have Romeny in there then Obama or Hillary...well, I don't agree, b/c Bush did nothing but play golf and rub elbows with the rich and famous, including his arab friends....so, it is high time America starts screaming at the top of their lungs, CLEAN UP WASHINGTON AND GET RID OF THE WORLD TRADE ORGANIZATION WHICH ARE THE PEOPLE REALLY RUNNING THIS COUNTRY, AND IF I'M WRONG, PROVE IT. Prove it to me that Hillary, and any candidate they put in there, and they do, are wholesome people who definately want to clean up America. They allocate our money to every state, and other country in the world, but who actually oversees how that money is spent....all it is, is one back scratching another.

When will American's wake up? We older folks have seen it differently so therefore, it is most evident to us...however, and another thing, our kids go to college to get an education....not to play sports or be converted to democrats....so do your jobs and stop all this bull, we parents are paying hard earned dollars for them to get a job, where? We're not paying colleges to teach them how to be democrates or any other political affliliation...

Old 05-14-2014, 05:37 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
I'm sensing not everyone here shares my admiration for our next president?

Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yup, I slammed Glenn Beck about this, and the timing...talk about agendas, I asked him how this made the Republican's any better then the liberals....told him your just as corrupt, and slimmy to bring this out now....and believe me, as you can see, I'm not a Hillary lover, but also, know, that both parties are corrupt.
"I slammed Glenn Beck about this," WHY? He didn't do the interview, Vanity Fair did. He didn't bring her up out of the blue. Monica CHOSE to put herself in the public limelight, AGAIN.

Yet YOU choose to slam Glenn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies