Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:04 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Sadly people this is the same game plan that Hitler used against the jews and gypsies and others in Germany. the housing and the medical care and food supplies. based on what? FEAR MONGERING and hate ..

the racism still happens over gypsies of Eastern Europe .. and thats what this is .. racism.. what happens when they run out of illegals? who will be targeted next?
I understand why this happened its about making money off of the folks who need a place to live ... What makes you think that the fee's wont go up and that the targets of this type of discrimation won't change to another type of goverment approved profiling helped on by a vengeful neighbor?

Don't misunderstand .. I dont want illegals here either but if they are here and working and paying taxes let them rent .. they are helping all of us with their contrubutions to the pie we all enjoy.
Racism? Uh; illegal alien ain't a race. Sheesh!

Please don't ever try to compare what Hitler did to German citizens what NEEDS to be done with illegal aliens!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 07:06 AM

62,909 posts, read 29,119,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
Every reputable study ever done has found that illegal immigrants contribute about $3 to the US economy for every $1 they take out it. I'm sorry, you are the one who is misinformed.

http://www.wmich.edu/hhs/newsletters....4.Becerra.pdf
Wrong! The name "Becerra" attached to your link is a tell all. Every source I have says the opposite and they aren't partial as your link is. What does it matter anyway? They are here in violation of our immigration laws and doing many jobs for less that Americans have always done. They are low wage earners that pay little to no income taxes while stealing someone's ID and or SS number. The send billions back to their homelands that isn't spent in our economy. No, it is you that is misinformed and all that should matter are our laws anyway.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:07 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,172 times
Quote:
This is a terrible decision.

First of all, immigration enforcement is a federal responsibility, not a local one. Allowing cities to act as de facto immigration cops is a violation of the separation of powers.

Second, this ruling will create countless avenues for abuse on all sides. Landlords will not stop renting to illegal immigrants. They will simply threaten to report them to the city if they complain about health and safety violations. Conversely, disgruntled tenants will be able to falsely accuse landlords of renting to illegal immigrants to cause trouble for them. It will be a mess.
It's on the head of the states to enforce federal laws too. Remember the old 55 MPH speed limit? If it was Ok and REQUIRED to crack down on speeders; then it's def Ok to have the states crack down on illegal aliens.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddyline View Post
Interesting idea but where do you draw the line?
If you hire a lawn service and they have an illegal employee can we seize your house?
If you own a restaurant and you serve an illegal person can we seize your restaurant?
If a large corporation has 200 illegal employees at a meat packing plant can we seize the plant? This happened in Colorado.
No, the owner of the landscaping service who hired illegals is responsible not the home owner but it were me before the lawn service was performed I would ask the contractor to prove he isn't using illegal aliens on the job.

No, since restaurants aren't obligated to check the ID of anyone they serve.

Yes, if it is proven that the corporation knew they had illegal aliens on their payroll they should be held accountable according to what our laws state.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wrong! The name "Becerra" attached to your link is a tell all. Every source I have says the opposite and they aren't partial as your link is. What does it matter anyway? They are here in violation of our immigration laws and doing many jobs for less that Americans have always done. They are low wage earners that pay little to no income taxes while stealing someone's ID and or SS number. The send billions back to their homelands that isn't spent in our economy. No, it is you that is misinformed and all that should matter are our laws anyway.
Typical CD mentality. I present evidence, and you dismiss it out of hand about 30 seconds later. Clearly, you didn't even bother to read it. I think you need to do a little more research.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:22 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
Quote:
No, the owner of the landscaping service who hired illegals is responsible not the home owner but it were me before the lawn service was performed I would ask the contractor to prove he isn't using illegal aliens on the job.

No, since restaurants aren't obligated to check the ID of anyone they serve.

Yes, if it is proven that the corporation knew they had illegal aliens on their payroll they should be held accountable according to what our laws state.
Thus the need for mandatory E-Verify and not 5 years from now either. take the I didn't know out of it and we can hold employers accountable. I would like E-verify for landlords as well. They don't rent to illegals out of compassion, they rent due to greed.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Typical CD mentality. I present evidence, and you dismiss it out of hand about 30 seconds later. Clearly, you didn't even bother to read it. I think you need to do a little more research.
CD mentality? I am sure the mods will like that remark. As I said, your evidence is biased. If you'd like I will post some viable sources and as I asked what does it matter anyway since they are here in violation of our immigration laws? You never answered. Typical, pro-illegal mindset.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
CD mentality? I am sure the mods will like that remark. As I said, your evidence is biased. If you'd like I will post some viable sources and as I asked what does it matter anyway since they are here in violation of our immigration laws? You never answered. Typical, pro-illegal mindset.
How did you determine it was biased? You denounced it 30 seconds after I posted it! You couldn't have possibly read it in that time. Are you saying the fact one of researchers has a Spanish surname automatically makes it biased? That is just blatant, open racism.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,389 times
Quote:
Are you saying the fact one of researchers has a Spanish surname automatically makes it biased? That is just blatant, open racism.
It is biased because the author is biased. They are dedicated to reconquista.

I trust the Heritage Foundations studies over one likely paid for by mECHA.

Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
It is biased because the author is biased. They are dedicated to reconquista.

I trust the Heritage Foundations studies over one likely paid for by mECHA.
It was not funded by Mecha!!! It is a peer-reviewed study published in the Journal of Sociology and Social Welfare!!! How do you know the author is biased if you didn't read it???

Don't you know the Heritage Foundation is nothing but a bought-and-paid-for, right-wing propaganda? They don't submit their research for peer-review! Wait, do you even know what the term "peer-review" means???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies