Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 09:30 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, I am so sick and tired of this down right unbelievable kindergarden stuff that adults play one against the other...and the names, absolutely juvenile....

Grown adults, playing this back and forth game...when republicans and democrates stop playing games, and realize, that both sides are corrupt, maybe things will change, but to define yourself by your political affiliation is just so immature...

and before you start calling the tea party names, I don't know any thing about them, nor am I affiliated with them, nothing against them, just am so sick and tired of people who are uninformed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm sorry, but I've been to Kentucky many times, and those people are great people...I cannot and will not speak for this man, but Kentuckians are highly respectable hospitable, intelligent human beings....

I so wish you people would stop labeling every single human being the same way....there is good and bad in all people...grow up and realize how utterly childish you sound, and by the way, not much more knowledgable.....
Lol...well, well.

For once, we're not on a thread about "inner city blacks" and their pathologies, are we?

No..this one is about poor white Kentuckians on welfare, and all of a sudden the violins come out! It's....magic!

Quote:
Kentuckians are highly respectable hospitable, intelligent human beings....
Wow. Just...wow!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:32 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Jackson (United States) (AFP) - Jim Feltner's days are empty. He is a poor man in the poorest county in the United States and lives off government aid.

But the Kentucky resident has nothing but scorn for the head of that government, President Barack Obama, who has made the fight against economic inequality one of his battle cries.

Poor Kentucky has no stomach for Obama
Maybe because Obama took his job away.

Like mining for coal.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:33 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Doesn't matter. As one righty poster here LOVES to say, STOP MAKING EXCUSED FOR LEECHES.

No excuses. No quarter. No sympathy. Period.
Right On!

The people interviewed in the article are the very people conservatives want shoved under the carpet. They don't want to speak about nor even acknowledge that poor white conservatives also have their hands out, taking money OUT OF MY POCKET !!! MONEY I EARNED !!!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This guy is no conservative, which can clearly be gleaned from reading the article.

IMO, he sounds a lot like union employees do when they realize the Dems ain't all that--even though they've been voting them in for years (note that this guy worked for a Democrat, too).

Gimmeabreak.
....and the excuses keep pouring in.

"This guy is no conservative blah, blah, blah.."

Whatever dude...save it.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Found it, from that thread mentioned above about how all unemployed people should move to North Dakota and live in tents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
The less you own the easier it is to pack up and head elsewhere.

Stop making excuses for parasites.
There you have it. He says it so much more eloquently than I do.

What do you all think, should I needlepoint it into a sampler for our poor Kentucky sufferer?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This guy is no conservative, which can clearly be gleaned from reading the article.
Go read post #10, or better yet, re-read the article!

Hilarious!

Old 05-14-2014, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Like mining for coal.
Uh huh. And do you feel equal sympathy for people in let's say...Gary, Indiana that lost their steel industry jobs and ended up on the dole?

You guys are really exposing yourselves here.

Old 05-14-2014, 09:37 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...well, well.

For once, we're not on a thread about "inner city blacks" and their pathologies, are we?

No..this one is about poor white Kentuckians on welfare, and all of a sudden the violins come out! It's....magic!

Wow. Just...wow!
It's really quite simple -

Deserving poor, living in grim conditions, unable to find decent work due to local economic structure- likely vote R

Undeserving poor, living in grim conditions, unable to find decent work due to local economic structure - likely vote D

Old 05-14-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post

Like mining for coal.
Yes, mining coal is the only job in America.

What are the rest of us doing? My hands are fairly clean...

In any case, could he still be a coal miner after two heart attacks?

This man needs to acquire new SKILLS!! Isn't that what everyone says?

Old 05-14-2014, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Found it, from that thread mentioned above about how all unemployed people should move to North Dakota and live in tents.

There you have it. He says it so much more eloquently than I do.

What do you all think, should I needlepoint it into a sampler for our poor Kentucky sufferer?
Lol...hilarious.

This thread is just what the doctor ordered. I started to post it up yesterday, but I'm glad I let someone else do it first.

Of course, they'll say that this is ONLY in Kentucky, which is a boldfaced lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies