Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:42 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The efforts by those who support normalizing homosexuality require that the concept of normal be effectively destroyed.

It requires what George Orwell described as double-think.

In "1984" Winston Smith was told that 2+2=5, or 3, or anything else the party said it did.

Since Smith, with his low tolerance for cognitive dissonance, was unable to accept this, he was tortured.

Today, the gay nazis would have us accept that a kiss between a man and a woman is normal and that a kiss between two men is also normal.
We have both sides trying to define "normal" and being very hypocritical about it. Why can't people just leave other people alone?

Why is it that so many feel they must demonize others for not feeling exactly as they do?

Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
The efforts by those who support normalizing homosexuality require that the concept of normal be effectively destroyed.

It requires what George Orwell described as double-think.

In "1984" Winston Smith was told that 2+2=5, or 3, or anything else the party said it did.

Since Smith, with his low tolerance for cognitive dissonance, was unable to accept this, he was tortured.

Today, the gay nazis would have us accept that a kiss between a man and a woman is normal and that a kiss between two men is also normal.

They stand ready to attack anyone who doesn't accept both mutually exclusive ideas as true.

What Amy Kushnir and so many other people you call "homophobes" have is a low tolerance for cognitive dissonance.

It's nothing to be afraid of and there is no reason to call her names, boycott her business, try to get her fired or add her home address to an online enemies list.

People like her were simply born with a greater need to make sense of the world and cannot accept what is obviously bull ****.
It is opinions like yours that has caused all of this PC mess....When you call people Nazis you should expect some flack...That is about as low as you can go.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:59 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,929,707 times
She's going to be hating life as time goes by. Homosexuals aren't hiding anymore and are more accepted than ever, so she's only going to see more kissing. What's with the throw it in our faces comment she made? You can't go five minutes on tv or movies without seeing heteros locking lips. I wonder if she thinks heteros are throwing it in her face as well? She only says she doesn't watch the specific shows brought up, but that she thinks if people kiss on tv they should get a room. Well lady, sounds like you are the one who needs to get a room and lock yourself inside of it. People aren't going to suppress themselves and hide who they are to make your ignorant self happy.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:02 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
This show needs better looking broads.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:24 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
We have both sides trying to define "normal" and being very hypocritical about it. Why can't people just leave other people alone?

Why is it that so many feel they must demonize others for not feeling exactly as they do?

Normal may be loosely defined, but it cannot be defined as one thing and also the opposite of that.

Since I still have the right of free speech, at least on paper, I'll continue to fight against the sleazy tactics of those who seek to silence their opposition through intimidation and harassment.

I'll fight to prevent further public acceptance of PC thought police and their efforts to force irrational and conflicting moral values on otherwise right thinking people.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:28 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It is opinions like yours that has caused all of this PC mess....When you call people Nazis you should expect some flack...That is about as low as you can go.

We didn't get here because I called someone a nazi.

We got here because people have behaved like nazis in trying to silence their ideological opponents through intimidation and harassment.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:31 AM

17,441 posts, read 9,265,380 times
It's sorta a tempest in a teacup - Sams was the 249th pick, that means there were 248 other pictures of players smashing cake in the face (wedding style according to the press) and kissing their significant others. They broadcast all those pictures non-stop every day - I don't see the big deal when they all 'celebrate' like this.

I expect the TV Station will be firing two of those women any day now. Kerr called Kushnir a Racist for her comments - that's a career ender.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:34 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,108,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Dallas morning show anchor storms off set during Michael Sam kiss discussion – LGBTQ Nation

Does anyone watch this show? It sure gives Dallas a "black eye". Why doesn't this station recruit any ethnic minorities to host this show? This is not the 1980s.
I'm glad that at least the two girls on the ends were rational and really explained well to the others.

Since I don't live in Dallas, no, I don't watch the show.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Normal may be loosely defined, but it cannot be defined as one thing and also the opposite of that.

Since I still have the right of free speech, at least on paper, I'll continue to fight against the sleazy tactics of those who seek to silence their opposition through intimidation and harassment.

I'll fight to prevent further public acceptance of PC thought police and their efforts to force irrational and conflicting moral values on otherwise right thinking people.

From a statistical standpoint, homosexuality is absolutely not normal. Neither is red hair or left-handedness. Do you view these other two abnormalities the same way you view homosexuality? If not, why not?

Old 05-15-2014, 05:39 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,277,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Dallas morning show anchor storms off set during Michael Sam kiss discussion – LGBTQ Nation

Does anyone watch this show? It sure gives Dallas a "black eye". Why doesn't this station recruit any ethnic minorities to host this show? This is not the 1980s.
I'm glad that at least the two girls on the ends were rational and really explained well to the others.
I've never heard of this show or those people. The name Suzie Humphries is familiar though I don't know why. I don't know where I've heard that name befoe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies