Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:13 AM

14,482 posts, read 11,278,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Nope. 100% straight and that kiss didn't gross me out at all. It was a bit shocking, because I'm not used to seeing it on television (or in real life, for that matter), but not gross.

Now, I haven't seen the video of them smashing cake in each others face and all the other stuff I've heard about. If true, I would agree that is way over the top for what I would expect any normal couple to do, but still not gross.
Apparently you have no problem kissing men. I reiterate, no straight man can view this and not be grossed out to some degree, even if just a little.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:14 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,644,605 times
Quote:
From a statistical standpoint, homosexuality is absolutely not normal. Neither is red hair or left-handedness. Do you view these other two abnormalities the same way you view homosexuality? If not, why not?
Slavery is considered normal in the Bible. Left-handed women were thought to be witches, and were burned at the stake. Religion is one stubborn beast, but rest assure we will overcome gay discrimination. I know we will.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:16 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
My mother (91 years old) in her life was the kindest and always in favor of human rights and equal rights for all. I used to love the arguments between her and my Dad who was old school. If she could have she would have marched with Dr King and in the anti-war movements of the 60's, I know she would have.

But she said that kiss was contrived by the media and it was intentionally disgusting as possible. She said "shame on ESPN"

To me, that is the answer in all this. LOOK AT ME, I'M GAY is what this is all about.

So, all the straight couples that were shown kissing at sporting events/professional drafts were shouting "LOOK AT ME, I'M STRAIGHT!"? Or maybe, just maybe, it's a natural reaction when sharing a positive life-altering event with your significant other? Nah, couldn't be.

Why the double-standard when comparing same-sex couples with opposite-sex couples? One kiss is not a problem, the other is overt activism. It's the same action, why do we view it differently?

Old 05-15-2014, 08:17 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Slavery is considered normal in the Bible. Left-handed women were thought to be witches, and were burned at the stake. Religion is one stubborn beast, but rest assure we will overcome gay discrimination. I know we will.
So we overcome it by hitting people over the head with it until they accept it?

This seems more like political re-education than asking for acceptance. This is something the Soviets would have done in their heyday without the barbed wire camps, even though I think those are coming in the future in this country for people who speak out against the accepted political beliefs in the future.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Apparently you have no problem kissing men. I reiterate, no straight man can view this and not be grossed out to some degree, even if just a little.
I reiterate: You're wrong, I'm straight. Don't assume all the world is a closed-minded as you.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
So we overcome it by hitting people over the head with it until they accept it?

This seems more like political re-education than asking for acceptance. This is something the Soviets would have done in their heyday without the barbed wire camps, even though I think those are coming in the future in this country for people who speak out against the accepted political beliefs in the future.

Quote:
So, all the straight couples that were shown kissing at sporting events/professional drafts were shouting "LOOK AT ME, I'M STRAIGHT!"? Or maybe, just maybe, it's a natural reaction when sharing a positive life-altering event with your significant other? Nah, couldn't be.

Why the double-standard when comparing same-sex couples with opposite-sex couples? One kiss is not a problem, the other is overt activism. It's the same action, why do we view it differently?
Do you view the opposite-sex kisses that happen in the same situations, also televised, to be hitting you over the head with their heterosexuality?

Old 05-15-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:

Newsflash for you, women and men have been kissing in public for thousands of years. They also have been having sex and creating future generations.

Gay men? Hmmmm. Most people don't want to see it, even those who are shouting the loudest that it's ok.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Appeal to Tradition is a logical fallacy, 'Finger.

I'm not arguing against your right to your own opinion. I'm just trying to understand why.

So, you're saying that you don't like it because it is, historically, uncommon?

Old 05-15-2014, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Do you view the opposite-sex kisses that happen in the same situations, also televised, to be hitting you over the head with their heterosexuality?
To be honest, I think a hug is more appropriate in public. Even for hetero's a kiss should be more private.

But that's just me, I don't believe in a lot of PDA's. To me it cheapens it and I always suspect people who perform PDA's of creating a smokescreen for a relationship that is anything but healthy.

But I was raised by German-American's who aren't real big on anything that isn't work related LOL.

Old 05-15-2014, 08:23 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,194,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeal View Post
Opposing immorality is not discrimination. It is the right thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies