Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives don't care about personal responsibility it is a meaningless talking point meant to say we don't want the government helping people we hate who we will than label a lacking personal responsibility because the government is helping them.

conservatives don't care about a centralized government, look at the GWBush presidency when conservatives loved GWBush for his War on Terror and GWBush's War on Terror was the one the largest expansions of government power in a long time, and conservatives loved it. conservatives also loved when the federal government banned gay marriage. Another meaningless conservative talking point that ignores reality.

Yes conservatives do advocate for less regulations.
The question is how do conservatives base so much of their political ideology on hatred?

No my understanding of conservatives are based on reading books.

The Reactionary Mind: Conservatism from Edmund Burke to Sarah Palin by Corey Rubin

The Authoritarians The Authoritarians

Change they can't believe in By Christopher S. Parker and Matt A. Barreto

The Republican Brain: The science of why they deny science and reality by Chris Mooney

Nixonland: The Rise of a President and the Fracturing of America by Rick Perlstein

Kingdom Coming: The Rise of Christian Nationalism by Michelle Goldberg
Do you know what confirmation bias is? You suffer from this greatly, even in your reading choices. This is the same as people who say liberalism is a mental disease and seek out instances of proving this bias true. How is what you are saying any different?

The truth is that conservatives comprise a huge amount of your fellow Americans. They are not people who hate. They simply differ in their thinking on the role of government in this country. Your type of thinking illustrates the worst of partisanship and I truly find it unfortunate that you have this rather limited understanding of your fellow citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 06:44 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Do you know what confirmation bias is? You suffer from this greatly, even in your reading choices. This is the same as people who say liberalism is a mental disease and seek out instances of proving this bias true. How is what you are saying any different?

The truth is that conservatives comprise a huge amount of your fellow Americans. They are not people who hate. They simply differ in their thinking on the role of government in this country. Your type of thinking illustrates the worst of partisanship and I truly find it unfortunate that you have this rather limited understanding of your fellow citizens.
I know what confirmation bias is, but this isn't about me. This is about what conservatives believe.

The difference is that liberalism has been proven to be about human progress. conservatism not so much.

Well first off let's be very clear American's have a history of hating all sorts of people. And putting that hatred into law and action. So this idea that millions of Americans can't hate is incongruent with history and reality.

Not only have Americans hated, our official government policy for 80% of this nation's history was based on that hatred.

conservatives do hate. Their political ideology is based on hatred of out groups and all anyone has to do is listen to conservatives when they talk about other Americans. Their rhetoric is full of hatred for millions of Americans.

I am not partisan, I have never been to a Democratic party event. I have never participated in politics outside of voting. I have never even donated money to any political candidate.

But I have eyes and ears and a mind and I listen to conservatives and they hate.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:44 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post

Relax, southbel. little iamme posts for the purpose of smearing and bashing conservatives, not to tell the truth.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Relax, southbel. little iamme posts for the purpose of smearing and bashing conservatives, not to tell the truth.
I think I based on the facts give back to conservatives the bashing they put out in the world about millions of other Americans.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:53 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,781,638 times
Quote:
Quote:
I think I based on the facts give back to conservatives the bashing they put out in the world about millions of other Americans.
See?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:10 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times
Quote:
I know what confirmation bias is, but this isn't about me. This is about what conservatives believe.

The difference is that liberalism has been proven to be about human progress. conservatism not so much.

Well first off let's be very clear American's have a history of hating all sorts of people. And putting that hatred into law and action. So this idea that millions of Americans can't hate is incongruent with history and reality.

Not only have Americans hated, our official government policy for 80% of this nation's history was based on that hatred.

conservatives do hate. Their political ideology is based on hatred of out groups and all anyone has to do is listen to conservatives when they talk about other Americans. Their rhetoric is full of hatred for millions of Americans.

I am not partisan, I have never been to a Democratic party event. I have never participated in politics outside of voting. I have never even donated money to any political candidate.

But I have eyes and ears and a mind and I listen to conservatives and they hate.

Now its not just Republicans but most of Americans as well?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Now its not just Republicans but most of Americans as well?
Huh?

Old 05-15-2014, 07:27 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:

Yup. The Democratic party vote isn't for Democrats. There is a legion of Americans that simply vote "anti-Republican" to oppose the conservative wing of the Republican party (which has all but consumed the entire thing). Conservatives have no ideas or plan for anything. I'm still waiting on their "better" plan for health care reform. *cricket sound*

Old 05-15-2014, 07:29 PM

7,846 posts, read 6,403,886 times
Quote:
But I do it for both. I bash conservatives daily because they are wrong about everything.

When is the last time a conservative came up with a positive idea for America? Don't worry I'll wait.

The last conservative poster that attempted to answer the question came up with a laundry list of "objections" to liberal policy (in his own words). Not a single idea. This isn't a coincidence. Conservatives have no idea. Their entire fantasy worldview is based off fear, hatred, and reactionary responses.

Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
But I do it for both. I bash conservatives daily because they are wrong about everything.

When is the last time a conservative came up with a positive idea for America? Don't worry I'll wait.

The last conservative poster that attempted to answer the question came up with a laundry list of "objections" to liberal policy (in his own words). Not a single idea. This isn't a coincidence. Conservatives have no idea. Their entire fantasy worldview is based off fear, hatred, and reactionary responses.
Securing the borders.

Creating a system of Immigration that works for America.

Developing America`s vast Oil and Gas deposits.

School Vouchers and Charter Schools.

Supporting and defending the 2nd Amendment.

Love the leftist term "reactionary".

How is using logic, reason, and common sense seen as fearful or hatred?

Like a true leftist you use emotion and opinion to see the world as you want it, not how it so clearly is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies