Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 06:50 AM

746 posts, read 1,242,513 times

Advertisements

I think they refer to it as "Transparent Government".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 07:17 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
All the Republicans are doing is going on a fishing expedition in hopes of finding something, anything, so it is perfectly reasonable to refuse to play their stupid circus games. Make no mistake, stupid circus games are all the modern Republican Party ever does.
If they are then why not expose it instead of taking the fifth. If there are no fish the fishing expedition would catch nothing

Old 05-16-2014, 07:35 AM

3,401 posts, read 2,284,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Of targeted groups, only 7 were Progressive and 100% were approved, while 104 conservative groups were targeted and only 46% approved.
Yeah, I ran across a Republican ranting and raving about persecution complexes because a debate moderator called Romney out on interruptions more often than she did Obama too. Your statistics don't tell me anything other than there are a lot of groups that applied for tax exempt status and didn't merit it.

Sorry if some IRS office broke protocol to deal with the sudden influx of right-wingers wanting a free ride, they shouldn't do that. But to start ranting about black helicopters is not rational.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:39 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Yeah, I ran across a Republican ranting and raving about persecution complexes because a debate moderator called Romney out on interruptions more often than she did Obama too. Your statistics don't tell me anything other than there are a lot of groups that applied for tax exempt status and didn't merit it.

Sorry if some IRS office broke protocol to deal with the sudden influx of right-wingers wanting a free ride, they shouldn't do that. But to start ranting about black helicopters is not rational.
What they did was illegal, deal with it. Sit back and enjoy.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Default Obama said "Not one smidgen of corruption" Americans lied to about the IRS scandal

a) T baggers demonstrate publicly long and loud against paying taxes

b) T baggers apply for tax exempt status

c) IRS asks for documentation

It's a scandal!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:10 AM

52,685 posts, read 47,940,162 times
Quote:
Obama said "Not one smidgen of corruption"
And, of course, you know he means the exact opposite. Gotta love a "president" who continues to insult our intelligence.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 AM

2,083 posts, read 1,620,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
a) T baggers demonstrate publicly long and loud against paying taxes

b) T baggers apply for tax exempt status

c) IRS asks for documentation

It's a scandal!
i.e. Its OK for the government to use its power to punish people for their ideology when its people I disagree with.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:13 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
i.e. Its OK for the government to use its power to punish people for their ideology when its people I disagree with.
You can come down off your cross now.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:16 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,050,022 times
I can't wait for the tables to be turned and have progressives and Dems moaning and frothing about the injustice, while the other side uses the "fake scandal" excuse. Can't say I'll feel sorry for them at this point... you'll have only yourselves to blame, really.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:32 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,167,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The irony is, that these Obamabots are responsible for Obama's downfall. By excusing his every action, every lie, every broken promise, etc...Obama knew he wouldn't be held accountable by his base and could engage in Chicago-style politics.

That is not what happened here and you know it. Are you really that emotionally infatuated with Obama that you can't even admit what Lois Lerner admitted - that the IRS did act improperly (i.e. it is illegal for the IRS to ask questions it asked conservatives)? The IRS broke laws targeting conservatives and gave a free pass to Obama's brother.

Have you always lacked integrity and been for government corruption if it helps the democrats? Or was there a magical moment when you lost your integrity, for example did you switch when Obama gave speeches making promises he never intended to keep, which I am sure sent thrills up your leg as others fainted? Did you say to yourself "I love this man, I pledge everything I have to him"?
So you are okay with groups illegally getting tax exempt status as long as t hey are conservative groups?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies