Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,704 times

Advertisements

Judicial candidate: Vote for me because I'm black - YouTube

Skip ahead to 4:00.

Patterico's Pontifications » Songhai “Sunny” Armstead: Vote for Me to Be A Judge . . . Because I’m Black

Quote:
Why is that significant? You heard about realignment. You heard about the injustice that happens in our court system already. And you guys have seen who — I’m sure we all know who’s in our jails and who comes before our judges in court, right? It’s people who look a lot like the people in this room. People who look a lot like me.
I’ve been a prosecuting attorney and I’ve seen how things do not work in our system. I see how people who are disenfranchised, do not have appropriate education, or who come from underrepresented communities do not get access to fair justice. And part of the problem is that our judges don’t have the same life experiences that we have. They don’t have the same empathy. They don’t have the same understanding. They cannot relate. They have very narrow experiences. And so when they see a person come before them, they think everyone that comes before them is a horrible gang member or a violent criminal. You know?
Our jails are full of nonviolent people who are either have substance abuse problems, mental health issues, lack of education, or who are foster kids. Those people don’t need to be in jail. [Applause]
You have the power to change that. There are 15 open seats right now. I am the only African American running. There’s only one Chicana running. Can you guess who else is running? Are there people who care about the people in this room? Probably not. I can’t speak before them, but probably not.
You catch that? “Can you guess who else is running?” It appears that she is making a reference to white people. And do they care about black people such as the people in that church? Probably not.
That is Armstead’s attitude, and it is repulsive.

Unless you are black, would you really want this clearly prejudice woman as a judge over you? Hell no! She makes it clear what her priorities are. Skin color.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 12:54 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Another black racist.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:56 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
switch the races and imagine the uproar vs. the ho-hum response to this one.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:07 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,360,856 times
This is the era where liberal democrats urge people to vote their color (in two years perhaps it will be 'vote your gender').
Clyburn: Tim Scott Doesn't Vote His Color | The Daily Caller

And indeed it appears that people are doing just that. In 2012, 80% of non-whites voted for Obama, while 59% of whites voted for Romney.

We're going retro, and just haven't realized it yet.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:46 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

Patterico's Pontifications » Songhai “Sunny” Armstead: Vote for Me to Be A Judge . . . Because I’m Black

Unless you are black, would you really want this clearly prejudice woman as a judge over you? Hell no! She makes it clear what her priorities are. Skin color.
I respect the hell out of her. At least she's straight about where she stands & who she intends to represent. Unlike the Toms who Tom for the Democratic party in return for table scraps, I believe this lady is actually working for Black people & will do exactly what she says she will. If I was Black I wouldn't hesitate to vote for her.

Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
I respect the hell out of her. At least she's straight about where she stands & who she intends to represent. Unlike the Toms who Tom for the Democratic party in return for table scraps, I believe this lady is actually working for Black people & will do exactly what she says she will. If I was Black I wouldn't hesitate to vote for her.
I wouldn't vote for her. Hell no. Just because she's black! Never.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:07 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I wouldn't vote for her. Hell no. Just because she's black! Never.
Not just because she's Black. I'd vote for her (If I was Black) because she obviously cares about & is going to fight for Blacks. Unlike Democrats & Republicans, neither of whom would ever get my vote.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:08 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
That would make you a racist as well.

Old 05-15-2014, 02:11 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
Quote:
Not just because she's Black. I'd vote for her (If I was Black) because she obviously cares about & is going to fight for Blacks. Unlike Democrats & Republicans, neither of whom would ever get my vote.
You, and the person running for judge, need to better understand the role of the judicial branch.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:58 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,861,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post

The women appears to be a total racist. People like her do not belong in public positions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies