Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 03:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times

Advertisements

Almost 24/7 CNN was broadcasting the missing plane and how sad it was for the family members which it still is of course but now it is completely of CNN's radar as well.

It seems the plane was just important as long as they didn't have anything else to cover....

This entire week Coopers 360 was about Sterling and you guessed it right tonight Cooper is trying to keep hanging in there with more Sterling video.

To me the media is missing one of the important issues which is taping without consent in a private home which is not allowed in the state of CA and if nothing is done against that anyone can start taping someone else.

It seems nobody is safe any longer but we already started to know that with the NSA scandal .....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2014, 03:37 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
ESPN ditched the plane story before the Sterling thing.

Old 05-15-2014, 03:39 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times
Ther're gonna find that plane in one of Sterlings facial cracks Bank on it

Old 05-15-2014, 04:17 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,755 times
Well its understandable that CNN is covering the plane crash less considering there hasn't been any new developements in a while now. And also new stories will always come and surpass it eventually.

Its just funny to me that so many people were complaining about how overboard CNN was with the crash coverage and now they're complaining that CNN has forgotten that story and wonder why they aren't spending more time on it anymore. Can't win either way.

Old 05-15-2014, 04:27 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Sterling View Post
Well its understandable that CNN is covering the plane crash less considering there hasn't been any new developements in a while now. And also new stories will always come and surpass it eventually.
... and everytime Sterling opens his mouth he digs a deeper hole. But I still don't get why he is getting so much coverage -perhaps because it covers sports, entertainment, AND politics, and Rob Ford is temporarily muzzled in rehab.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Almost 24/7 CNN was broadcasting the missing plane and how sad it was for the family members which it still is of course but now it is completely of CNN's radar as well.

It seems the plane was just important as long as they didn't have anything else to cover....

This entire week Coopers 360 was about Sterling and you guessed it right tonight Cooper is trying to keep hanging in there with more Sterling video.

To me the media is missing one of the important issues which is taping without consent in a private home which is not allowed in the state of CA and if nothing is done against that anyone can start taping someone else.

It seems nobody is safe any longer but we already started to know that with the NSA scandal .....
You are mistaken if you believe viewers, or popularity, drives media's stories. It is actually just the opposite. It is mainstream media that establishes the national agenda, not the viewers.

When Clinton was fixing the Haitian elections, why do you think mainstream media was focused 24/7 on Elian Gonzolas? What mainstream media is not reporting is often more important than what they are reporting. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox are deliberate distractions to keep Americans from knowing what is really happening.

Expand your information sources beyond US mainstream media and you might be surprised by what the US media is not reporting.

Old 05-15-2014, 05:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
You are mistaken if you believe viewers, or popularity, drives media's stories. It is actually just the opposite. It is mainstream media that establishes the national agenda, not the viewers.

When Clinton was fixing the Haitian elections, why do you think mainstream media was focused 24/7 on Elian Gonzolas? What mainstream media is not reporting is often more important than what they are reporting. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, and Fox are deliberate distractions to keep Americans from knowing what is really happening.

Expand your information sources beyond US mainstream media and you might be surprised by what the US media is not reporting.
We read also European news papers and watch some European news but over there it is even more biased, but combined we know that Fox news is still be the best channel over here.

I guess the Fox news haters will rip me apart for that sentence but go ahead make my day

Old 05-15-2014, 06:00 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
We read also European news papers and watch some European news but over there it is even more biased, but combined we know that Fox news is still be the best channel over here.

I guess the Fox news haters will rip me apart for that sentence but go ahead make my day
Nope. We won`t tear you apart, just make a little bit of fun.
Fox News - Most Misinformed | Study - Maryland | Mediaite

Old 05-15-2014, 06:01 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,452,578 times
Quote:

I do not dispute that Fox News is the best news media in the US, their ratings demonstrate that much, but that in no way makes Fox News a good source for information. Just better than the others, which is not saying much.

Yes, European news can be just as biased, but they also report on stories about the US that the US media (including Fox) will not touch.

Old 05-15-2014, 06:13 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,472,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
I do not dispute that Fox News is the best news media in the US, their ratings demonstrate that much, but that in no way makes Fox News a good source for information. Just better than the others, which is not saying much.

Yes, European news can be just as biased, but they also report on stories about the US that the US media (including Fox) will not touch.
FOX is the best news source?
Fox News - Most Misinformed | Study - Maryland | Mediaite
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies