Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 05:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times

Advertisements

Dr. Carson has achieved a great deal in his life. He like Colin Powell are examples of success through hard work. I don't know that Dr. Carson is electable, he's not a product of either the Dems or the GOP. Much of what he says makes perfect sense to us normal people who actually have to work and balance a household budget.
The kiss of death for him is that he refuses to mines words to avoid hurting feelings. Sometimes the truth can hurt. He is also opinionated, some of which I disagree with. His stance on gays for example. The bottom line is he will never gain the GOP support required to win and he damned sure won't gain the Dems support. His stand on personal accountability is counter the You need the Government to succeed platform the Dems currently ride.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
He couldn't get 20% of the black vote at his own family reunion.
I don't know his policy positions, but I do remember one idea he floated which would be from birth every American is given a health services account that the government puts money into, it sounded incredibly ambitious and interesting, but since that brief thing, he has called Obamacare worse than slavery.

He then said we should have a flat income tax because the bible.

He has said liberals want to keep black people on a plantation are angered because he isn't, which means in his mind most black voters are on a plantation.

These things are not an appealing messages to black voters.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:51 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,224,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Wow...another guardian for the black race.

Today must be "hug your black friend day" at all the Republican Party offices across the country.
There is the difference between us . I have friends whom I do not view by color but instead by friendship based on character. Dems see black friends and label them as their black friends , reps see friends

Old 05-21-2014, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Dr. Carson has achieved a great deal in his life. He like Colin Powell are examples of success through hard work. I don't know that Dr. Carson is electable, he's not a product of either the Dems or the GOP. Much of what he says makes perfect sense to us normal people who actually have to work and balance a household budget.
The kiss of death for him is that he refuses to mines words to avoid hurting feelings. Sometimes the truth can hurt. He is also opinionated, some of which I disagree with. His stance on gays for example. The bottom line is he will never gain the GOP support required to win and he damned sure won't gain the Dems support. His stand on personal accountability is counter the You need the Government to succeed platform the Dems currently ride.
Yeah sure cause doctors don't use the government at all. These fictional tales of I did it without the government. Meanwhile the whole medical profession is subsidized by the government in so many ways that it's not even funny.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:56 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,348,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Yeah sure cause doctors don't use the government at all. These fictional tales of I did it without the government. Meanwhile the whole medical profession is subsidized by the government in so many ways that it's not even funny.
LOL....the next thing we will hear is Ben Carson is on well-fare.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No, but the medical profession wouldn't exist as it currently does without huge amounts of government spending. This is objective reality. So a doctor saying I didn't use the government or someone praising a doctor for not using the government is ignorant of reality.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:11 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,881,667 times
If Kanye West ran against Dr. Ben Carson in an election, I'd bet Kanye would garner at least 80% of the black vote.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Well you obviously didn't get the memo. Black men can only succeed with the help of the Federal government paving a path for them. They are incapable of personal success without it. Nobody can succeed unless the FED does all the hard work for them.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:21 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,835,592 times
Quote:
No, but the medical profession wouldn't exist as it currently does without huge amounts of government spending. This is objective reality. So a doctor saying I didn't use the government or someone praising a doctor for not using the government is ignorant of reality.
When making statements like that .. why not furnish some stats?

Sure Lefties have their grubby hands everywhere but I'd like something more than .. "You're ignorant, The government is god" quotes!

Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Sure that's why everyone is as successful as Dr. carson. It had nothing to do with him or his own hard work. Unlike some I accept that hard work and dedication to excellence are the key ingredients to success. If it were all about the Fed paving the way we would all be Dr. Ben Carson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies