Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:40 AM

21,478 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Obama was elected because he was more popular than the republican candidates. I didn't say I agreed with his stance on issues just that he is on record, where does Carson stand. Carson will not be running anyway and even if he could the GOP would put up someone like Romney before they let a political novice run.
I don't know, putting a black man up against Hillary Clinton? Sounds like a good idea to me. I for one am afraid what will be said about Carson and don't believe he deserves that, but who knows? Maybe once more people hear him speak they'll see what an amazing person he is.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:07 AM

2,713 posts, read 3,023,773 times
White Liberals would hate to see this guy run.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
I don't know if the majority of voters are smart enough to vote for Carson.

Too many will ignorantly vote for a celebrity liberal lying politician like Hillary.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:24 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
The Right has spent 6 years telling us how 'unqualified' President Obama is...that he didn't have enough experience to be president. They blame everything he does or does not do on his lack of experience.

So they keep nominating and talking up people who have even less experience in politics than he does...Palin (gov. for 2.5 years), Romney (gov. for 4 years and an unpopular one at that), Cruz (2 years a senator), Paul (2 years a senator) and now Carson (0 prior political experience).

They don't understand their own talking points.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:38 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Do you even know what a community organizer is ?????
Someone who helps illiterate people fill out forms for welfare and register dead people to vote Democrat, why do you ask?

Quote:
and 10 years in the State and US legislature is still 10 years more than anything Ben Carson is even close to
If experience in legislatures yields such awful results as Obama I don't want another Senator ever becoming POTUS.

Point Carson.

Quote:
President Obama went to Harvard and Columbia, and Affirmative action had nothing to do with either.
And I am the Emperor of the Galaxy.

Quote:
You said it yourself, Carson is a Surgeon, not a Hospital Administrator, he has no experience in what you are talking about.

You made a better case against Carson than for him,
Nah.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:43 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,861,779 times
The day you see the republicans run a black man , well lets just say you will see them do something for the country first.. I'm waiting for that but won't hold my breath

Old 05-23-2014, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fancy-Schmancy View Post
The Right has spent 6 years telling us how 'unqualified' President Obama is...that he didn't have enough experience to be president. They blame everything he does or does not do on his lack of experience.

So they keep nominating and talking up people who have even less experience in politics than he does...Palin (gov. for 2.5 years), Romney (gov. for 4 years and an unpopular one at that), Cruz (2 years a senator), Paul (2 years a senator) and now Carson (0 prior political experience).

They don't understand their own talking points.
Romney had many years of executive experience in the private sector, not to mention as governor of a state.

Palin as governor had more executive experience than Obama (though I don't really like the woman and think she's ill suited to the presidency).

Rand Paul ran his own medical practice - again, executive experience. Ben Carson was director of pediatric neurosurgery and ran a charity = executive experience.

Do you see where I'm going here?

Old 05-23-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
The day you see the republicans run a black man , well lets just say you will see them do something for the country first.. I'm waiting for that but won't hold my breath
Please! Herman Cain could have been nominated if someone didn't go digging for dirt on him (none as bad as the dirt people had on Clinton back in '92). There's no way the Democrats will ever let the Republicans run a black man without either slinging as much mud on them as they can or making stuff up. Look what happened with Clarence Thomas. Hearings about his alleged harassment, but not one peep out of those people about Bill Clinton's the next few years.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:49 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Please! Herman Cain could have been nominated if someone didn't go digging for dirt on him . .
Cain killed Able, and if I remember my religious studies properly, Abel was entertaining thoughts about becoming a Libertarian.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:52 AM

1,696 posts, read 1,714,788 times
Yeah, Katygirl -- You're saying that any experience -- even driving a weiner-mobile for Oscar Mayer -- beats political experience.

But I don't agree. I wouldn't ask a president to operate on me for a heart-valve replacement...and I don't think a heart surgeon should be running the government.

Of course, the truth is that *every* president learns on the job...because no other job is even remotely as complex or as all-consuming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies