Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,904,861 times

Advertisements

Selective editing. You can literally do this with any topic under the sun by just editing out the good responses and only showing the bad ones.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-16-2014 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: Trolling/flaming
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 08:06 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Selective editing. You can literally do this with any topic under the sun by just editing out the good responses and only showing the bad ones.
Hey, you're right.

Thanks

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-16-2014 at 08:15 PM.. Reason: edited quoted psot

Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,602,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
The only thing doomed is the state of Republican America.

Hillary Clinton:

1) Attorney
2) Most influential first lady in recent history
3) Senator
4) Secretary of State

Those are titles.

Not accomplishments while she was:
As an Attorney, what did she accomplish?
As a Senator, what did she accomplish?
As Secretary of the State, what did she accomplish?

Who & how has she influenced in a positive way?

Old 05-16-2014, 08:12 PM

11,339 posts, read 16,693,938 times
Yep, we are doomed!

Old 05-16-2014, 08:15 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,639,612 times
Quote:

Hillary Clinton:

1) Attorney
3) Senator
4) Secretary of State

She's also admired around the world, has immense popularity and name recognition and a rolodex of world leaders and influential people unrivaled by probably anyone, including the President.

This resume is more than enough "accomplishment" than, say, George Bush or Reagan managed to have when they ran for President. George Bush I is the only one who even came close in terms of "accomplishments."

Meanwhile Republicans are still trying to figure out whether to run the Stay Puft marshmallow man from New Jersey, or the looney doctor who now says he's "getting a calling from God" to run for President.

I can't wait for 2016 when you guys are faced with yet another reminder of your irrelevancy.
Never practiced as attorney, total fail
World has absolutely NO respect for that hog
As senator accomplished nothing, living on her felonious husbands name
Wasted four years and millions of dollars, topped off my killing four good Americans.
She should be in prison....

Last edited by Ibginnie; 05-16-2014 at 08:16 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 05-16-2014, 08:22 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,046,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlk35 View Post
Young Hillary Supporters Struggle to Name Her Achievements

Young Hillary Supporters Struggle to Name Her Achievements - YouTube

The future of the Republic? These are University kids folks, Lord help us!

PJTV Correspondent Michelle Fields talks with young Hillary Clinton supporters at George Washington University about her possible run for the White House in 2016.
I think people identify more with the party then the individual running. Republicans and democrats have opposite views on certain issues especially the social ones. People vote for the party they most identify with.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:30 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,187 times
Quote:

Hillary Clinton:

1) Attorney
3) Senator
4) Secretary of State

She's also admired around the world, has immense popularity and name recognition and a rolodex of world leaders and influential people unrivaled by probably anyone, including the President.

This resume is more than enough "accomplishment" than, say, George Bush or Reagan managed to have when they ran for President. George Bush I is the only one who even came close in terms of "accomplishments."

Meanwhile Republicans are still trying to figure out whether to run the Stay Puft marshmallow man from New Jersey, or the looney doctor who now says he's "getting a calling from God" to run for President.

I can't wait for 2016 when you guys are faced with yet another reminder of your irrelevancy.
Re: the three highlighted above. I worked for two city governments - one in a small town and one the capital of a state. On both occasions there were long-term employees who had feathered their nests, surrounded themselves with gate keepers and go-to people, and who had worked for government for years and were now so entrenched that they did very little day in and day out, week in and week out, year in and year out. When I was still a newby I remember thinking what does that person do? When I would ask, I would be told their title. And I'd think "no.......that's their title.....but what do they actually DO?" Attorney, Senator and SoS are titles. What did she actually DO?

Re: the second highlighted paragraph. Being admired, popular, having your name known and being on everyone's Christmas card list is fine if you're trying to get into a serority at Georgetown. Not so much if you're trying to get in as president of the United States.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:32 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Those are titles.

Not accomplishments while she was:
As an Attorney, what did she accomplish?
As a Senator, what did she accomplish?
As Secretary of the State, what did she accomplish?

Who & how has she influenced in a positive way?
Just saw your post. Great minds and all that. I fear that the answers to those questions may not matter to far too many people though.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:35 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Well, she is an awesome magician. Look at how many people around her have disappeared...

Old 05-16-2014, 08:37 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,461,557 times
Quote:

Hillary Clinton:

1) Attorney
3) Senator
4) Secretary of State

It's interesting how when they need someone to blame for their failures, liberals point out the horrible Republicans who obstructed everything. Then when they need to gloat, liberals point out how laughable and incompetent Republicans are. It's sorta like how Rush Limbaugh alternates between being the most influential conservative voice in the nation and being a radio buffoon that nobody pays attention to depending on which depiction of him is more useful at the moment. You should pick a story and stick to it. Either one you pick will be wrong. But at least you'd be consistent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies