Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:06 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,134,556 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
But they didn't bother to tell the public about all of the unconstitutional things Obama has done. Yeah....liberal media at its best.
Maybe because those only exist in the right-wing derp bubble. This program was balanced and fair and lay plenty of blame on the Obama administration-- it's deserved. Just because they didn't make him out to be the entitled-Kenyan-Constitution-Hating-monarch that you think him to be doesn't make the program liberal, or the treatment unfair.

If this is your contribution you should hush up... The adults are talking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:43 PM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
Maybe because those only exist in the right-wing derp bubble. This program was balanced and fair and lay plenty of blame on the Obama administration-- it's deserved. Just because they didn't make him out to be the entitled-Kenyan-Constitution-Hating-monarch that you think him to be doesn't make the program liberal, or the treatment unfair.

If this is your contribution you should hush up... The adults are talking.
Where are those adults? You can't possibly be talking about yourself. Presidents, for a very long time now, and Obama is the worse, have ignored the constitution for the powers to be to get what they want.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:01 PM

3,950 posts, read 5,089,116 times
If people don't like the current conditions of the Surveillance State, they better make their voices heard because I can assure you that it's only going to get worse under Obama's successor unless we do something now.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:16 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
thats the part that truly amazes me. "we need face book to set up greater privacy for our accounts" " hey everyone check out my facebook page where i tell you everything about me and my future plans"
Are you referencing the ability to use social media accounts as other logins? I have not see this particular claim made, though I would not doubt such a spin. Using a common login for other accounts is not more secure. It is less. Makes it much easier to track and hack. The idea that it will help one manage better is a nominal gain.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:19 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,716,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
If people don't like the current conditions of the Surveillance State, they better make their voices heard because I can assure you that it's only going to get worse under Obama's successor unless we do something now.
I don't think enough care to be worth talking about. And I don't see that changing until/unless doors of innocent everyday Americans start to get busted down for FBI searches as a result of this surveillance. If people really cared about this, no one, but no one would ever sign up for G-mail or a Google account.

In my view, our outrage needs to be focused on the corporate sleazeballs that have made billions invading our privacy and peddling our personal info while making this all possible.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:29 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,930,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzmeister View Post
Things are heating up all over for sure. The cyber race is getting exponential.
Rocket Carrying Russia's Most Advanced Communications Satellite Crashes During Take Off
quote:
The satellite will provide TV & Radio broadcasting, broadband Internet access, multimedia services, telephony, mobile communications.

Largest Telecommunications Project in the History of the United States

Rockefeller Hammers Motorola Over FirstNet
quote:
The issue is near and dear to Rockefeller. FirstNet was proposed by the 9/11 Commission after the lack of communications cost--or at the least failed to save--lives of first responders in the Twin Towers.

The Internet of Cops Is Coming
quote:
If you're suffering from Snowden-fatigue, tired of the seemingly neverending series of NSA and GCHQ revelations, don't worry, because a new surveillance threat is on the horizon.

Outernet
quote:
The Outernet is a global networking project currently under development by the Media Development Investment Fund (MDIF), a United States-based non-profit organization established in 1995 by Saša Vučinić and Stuart Auerbach.

BRICS cable eyes 2015 completion
quote:
The consortium promoting the build of an undersea broadband cable that would link Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (the BRICS countries) to each other and the US says it hopes to begin construction in early 2014.

U.S. Charges Against Chinese Hackers Cap Anti-Spying Push ...
quote:
“What’s weird is when you spy purely for commercial purposes, and that has to stop.”

Interesting, notion that "military" purposes and "commercial" purposes are different. Notice the keyword "purely". The choice of the word "weird" is also interesting.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:29 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,042,944 times
More from Amy:

"Ladar Levison, founder of the encrypted email provider Lavabit, details why he was forced to shut down his company last summer after the U.S. government attempted to seize Edward Snowden’s email information and much more. The FBI was targeting Snowden after he exposed the National Security Agency’s surveillance to the world, but in doing so effectively wanted access to the accounts of 400,000 other Lavabit customers. Levison was barred from discussing the case in detail at the time, saying only that he had refused "to become complicit in crimes against the American people." Earlier this week, a federal judge unsealed key parts of the record detailing the government’s requests from Lavabit, freeing Levison to talk more openly about what happened. "The government was telling bold-faced lies," Levison says. "It was impossible to trust them with the access they wanted. The only option was to shut down or to become complicit in what they were seeking — the mass surveillance of my customers."

Old 05-23-2014, 02:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Prosecute all of them who are responsible, Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Green, or what have you.

I wouldn't be against the death penalty for a few of them to scare future administrations.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:31 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MORebelWoman View Post
But they didn't bother to tell the public about all of the unconstitutional things Obama has done. Yeah....liberal media at its best.
Honestly, Frontline is probably one of the best news magazines on TV and that's coming from a conservative. They don't pull any punches and they certainly didn't gloss over the Obama administrations involvement.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:27 AM

311 posts, read 492,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The vast majority of citizens of this country are completely oblivious to what their government is doing. They couldn't care less. For most in our society, the candidate that is the most photogenic is the one who gets elected. Qualifications and expertise mean much less than a candidates camera presence. The crimes of an administration are of little consequence to the typical American.
Correct. In other words, most Americans only see symbolism over substance. As long add they have their cake & eat it too, they will have the "I have nothing to hide" attitude, which is very dangerous.

The following article is a must read:

If You Are Doing Nothing Wrong You Have PLENTY to Fear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies