Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:02 AM

4,278 posts, read 5,177,391 times

Advertisements

It reminds me of the racist past in some states in this country. Blacks are the new crackers in this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2014, 08:41 AM

29,483 posts, read 14,643,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
It's possible the family wants this case to be settled as quickly as possible before it becomes another Zimmerman/Martin media circus.

Three in racially tinged Detroit mob beating plead guilty to assault
Steven Utash, a white suburbanite, accidentally hit a 10-year-old boy who had darted in front of his pickup truck, then the driver did what he was supposed to do: He left the vehicle and went to help the child. A mob of angry black residents of Detroit pounced and severely beat the 54-year-old tree trimmer.

On Thursday, three men pleaded guilty to assault in a week of deals involving in the case that again raised questions about race and violence.

Latrez Cummings, 19, James Davis, 24, and Wonzey Saffold, 30, all agreed to plead guilty to assault with attempt to do great bodily harm and prosecutors dropped attempted murder charges as part of an agreement in Wayne County court. The maximum penalty is 10 years in prison, but they are expected to get six years, according to a lawyer for one of the defendants.

Assistant prosecutor Lisa Lindsey didn't indicate in court why her office decided to close the cases with the lesser charge of assault. But Saffold's attorney, Ray Paige, said that charge seemed to fit the facts.
I agree with the family/prosecutor. I don't think these idiots intended to kill Mr. Utash. I think our regressive, race-obsessed society has created these monsters, tricking kids into believing there's an US (black) vs THEM (white) society and that they must fight 'The Man' whenever given the chance. They see a white guy innocently hitting a black child with his truck, their knee-jerk reaction is to take it personally, become belligerent and defensive, and finally to physically act out in response to the white boogeyman threat. Sad isn't it?

Thanks, Obama. Thanks, Democrats. Thanks, liberals. Thanks, media. Thanks Al Sharpton. We're "MOVING FORWARD". You do our society good because you have our best interests at heart.

Not happy they plea'd this down. These thugs will do their 6-8 years and come out better criminals. Let's not forget , in addition to almost beating him to death they robbed him as well.

Old 07-10-2014, 02:34 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
These punks are lucky Steve Utash didn't die otherwise they'd likely end up in jail for life.

Let's check back in a few years to see if any of these kids learned from this experience. Let's see if they make good on their promise to go to school and get a job; to become productive members of society instead of menaces to society.

Good luck to them, I sincerely hope they turn their lives around--

Participant gets year in jail for Detroit driver beating
One of four Detroit men who admitted to taking part in April's severe beating of Steven Utash received a sentence below the legal guidelines Thursday despite the prosecutor's objection.

James Deontae Davis, 24, was given a year in jail or work release with five years of probation after an "honest expression of remorse and apologies," said Judge James Callahan of Wayne County Circuit Court. A pre-sentencing report set guidelines from 19 months to more than three years in prison.

Davis named Utash and his family members, as well as the city of Detroit, in his apologies.

"I know the city's already got a bad name, and I know that incident that took place, that I joined in, didn't make the city look any better," he said. "I don't want my whole life to be judged on that one moment."

He said he wants to go to school and get a job.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
I guess when I want to attack someone.....Detroit will have my business.

Old 07-10-2014, 06:49 PM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I guess when I want to attack someone.....Detroit will have my business.
As long as you attack the right color.

SLAVERY!

Old 07-10-2014, 07:01 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
As long as you attack the right color.

SLAVERY!
To true.

Old 07-10-2014, 07:06 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,595,073 times
Bet ya an all black jury finds them innocent on all charges.

Old 07-17-2014, 02:23 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
A judge on Thursday told a man who pleaded guilty to being part of a mob assault on a motorist in Detroit that he had needed a father "to beat the hell out of you" and then sentenced the defendant to six months in jail.
Man jailed in Detroit mob beating needed father -judge

Old 10-25-2014, 10:17 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,993,500 times
Thumbs up An update

Good news to report

Steve Utash returns to work, thanks supporters 4 months after mob beating
When beating victim Steve Utash thinks about the outpouring of support he received in the weeks after he was brutally attacked by a mob of people in April, it brings him to tears. He said the support, which came from all over the world, aided in his recovery.

“All were raising me above the wrong that was done to me,” he wrote. “When the whole world is on your side, it’s a great feeling.”

Now, nearly four months after the attack, Utash is eager to return to work and normalcy, according to a letter posted online Tuesday night. The letter marks the first time Utash has directly addressed the public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies