Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2014, 09:30 AM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times

Advertisements

Michael phelps can swim 100 meters under 50 seconds so if you can't then you're lazy and just not trying hard enough.... Lol

We cant have 1 million of successful fast food franchises, we don't have a market for a million successful fast food franchises. Don't put down those that make your food. They deserve a living wage, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Then what is the problem....????

Thomas did well....so can anyone.

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-22-2014 at 09:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 09:33 AM

155 posts, read 89,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Eagle View Post
This would be true if people are machines but they are not. People are just not working for the fun of it they are working because they need the money to survive. Of course some people will say businesses do not owe anyone enough to live on which is just an excuse for them to continue to be greedy and let other have to help their employees.
It IS true, you just don't want to accept it. A job (say, washing dishes at the local Holiday Inn) is worth what the market says it is worth, regardless if the person doing it is a high school kid, living at home, saving to buy gas for the weekend, or a 35 year old, HS drop out with 3 kids. "Need" doesn't enter into the equation.

Have you ever seen a place where pricing is based on need? No,, a hamburger at McDonalds is the same price no matter if the person buying it had work an hour for the money, or if it is an investor who makes that much money in 60 seconds. Need is irrelevant. Supply and demand RULE..

Old 05-22-2014, 09:34 AM

No, you're just a homegrown expert, while they're real-life experts.
I am not attacking the absurdities that you typed, as they are just that, absurdities not warranting a reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workin_Hard View Post
My reasoning is as valid as theirs, perhaps moreso as I have no political agenda to pursue. But you seem to take the track of when you are unable to attack the message, attack the messenger instead, right?

Old 05-22-2014, 09:37 AM

Bet you don't have a problem taking advantage of subsidized meat, produce or gas prices. For some reason however you believe that labor should be subject to simple supply and demand curve. Hilarious. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
It IS true, you just don't want to accept it. A job (say, washing dishes at the local Holiday Inn) is worth what the market says it is worth, regardless if the person doing it is a high school kid, living at home, saving to buy gas for the weekend, or a 35 year old, HS drop out with 3 kids. "Need" doesn't enter into the equation.

Have you ever seen a place where pricing is based on need? No,, a hamburger at McDonalds is the same price no matter if the person buying it had work an hour for the money, or if it is an investor who makes that much money in 60 seconds. Need is irrelevant. Supply and demand RULE..

Last edited by Rapaport; 05-22-2014 at 09:53 AM..

Old 05-22-2014, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Tell that to Dave Thomas the founder of "Wendy's" or the founders of "Five Guys".
They already know it - far better than you. That's why they don't do it, they hire youngsters and other available low-end workers to do it.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Bet you don't have a problem taking advantage of subsidized meat, produce or gas prices. For some reason however you believe that labor should be the subject to simple supply and demand curve. Hilarious. Lol
Neither I, nor you, have any idea what you are talking about. I buy my "stuff" on the open market as it is presented to myself and everyone else. Your desperation is proof of the vacuous nature of your "arguments". There simply is nothing there - nothing whatsoever.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:53 AM

Just because you're ignorant of the fact that many products are subsidized it doesn't change the fact that you take advantage of that. It's fairly easy to find out yet you don't care enough to do so. You do however want the laborers to be paid a "market value" for their labor. Typical ignorance. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conshelf View Post
Neither I, nor you, have any idea what you are talking about. I buy my "stuff" on the open market as it is presented to myself and everyone else. Your desperation is proof of the vacuous nature of your "arguments". There simply is nothing there - nothing whatsoever.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:53 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First off conservatives aren't half of the population.

Secondly, republicans aren't half of the population. This nation is leans far more Democratic than republican in public opinion.

I'd say republicans are probably about 35%-40% of the total adult population, but a huge percentage of Americans don't vote and those non voters are overwhelmingly likely to be Democrats. So no if every citizen over 18 were required to vote in every election, republicans would lose a lot more than they currently do.

My thoughts about conservatives are accurate. conservatism the core of it is all about exclusion. This manifests itself into conservatives protecting the traditional power structure, while always needing out groups to demonize and accuse of trying to destroy "their" country.

Everything else about conservative policies flows from that core.
You claimed I was wrong, despite the fact that I'm not.

Conservatives Remain the Largest Ideological Group in U.S.

And you didn't answer the question. Not that I expected you to...

Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,985,550 times
Quote:
First off conservatives aren't half of the population.

Secondly, republicans aren't half of the population. This nation is leans far more Democratic than republican in public opinion.

I'd say republicans are probably about 35%-40% of the total adult population, but a huge percentage of Americans don't vote and those non voters are overwhelmingly likely to be Democrats. So no if every citizen over 18 were required to vote in every election, republicans would lose a lot more than they currently do.

My thoughts about conservatives are accurate. conservatism the core of it is all about exclusion. This manifests itself into conservatives protecting the traditional power structure, while always needing out groups to demonize and accuse of trying to destroy "their" country.

Everything else about conservative policies flows from that core.

No. Your thoughts about conservatives are your OPINION!

Old 05-22-2014, 09:59 AM

23,866 posts, read 24,105,148 times
Quote:
Yes, you are wrong, it has been shown repeatedly that elected government officials respond much more to the policy preferences of the wealthy and of businesses. I don't know why you are pretending this isn't the case.

I read your post. You are just wrong and engaging in fantasy make believe thinking.
You may have read it, but you're apparently not smrt enough to understand what I was actually saying.

That's ok - you're a lost cause anyway. Just keep believing that fantasy you believe, and you'll be happy for the rest of your life. Ignorance is bliss, as they say.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies