Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
If you don't like what she says, quit listening to her. And if you continue to do so, you might want to look up the word "spy" because you're using it wrong.
Stalin and Hitler used the exact same tactic. Do some research.

Old 05-19-2014, 08:35 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanon13 View Post
Welcome to AmeriKa 2014. We are governed by a Regime that thinks itself Royalty. Is this nation ever going to wake up? It is shameful that we and our Congress have allowed it to get to this point. Children turning-in parents is exactly what Nazi Germany did and what Pol Pot had children do in Cambodia. Wake up, AmeriKa!!!
Children turning in parents? Where did you get that harebrained idea?

Old 05-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I wasn't racist until the last few years.....and never wanted children.
Excellent!

Old 05-19-2014, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Stalin and Hitler used the exact same tactic. Do some research.
Oh, good grief!!

Old 05-19-2014, 09:58 PM

778 posts, read 823,729 times
Godwin's law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-19-2014, 10:00 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
We have gone a long way, but aren't completely there yet, and you have the power to help make that change complete is victimhood?? On what planet??
Children of today can hardly complain or compare themselves to those in the 1950's.....these kids are not a product of the 50's they happen to be given more than most. If racism is going on it's on the people as an individual and we don't need to go around nagging at everything "Uncle Buck" says!

Funny, how certain people think certain people sit and talk about them all day. What kind of thinking is this?

Kind of strange Pelosi and Geithner are having the same kind of discussions......the strangest coincidence or what!

Pelosi compares illegal immigration to the Irish.....on what planet would you say she came from?

Old 05-19-2014, 10:33 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The article says nothing about children reporting anyone, it simply says there is nothing wrong with speaking up within your family to inform them when they do something racist. I do that all the time with my parents.
I do this sometimes with the various people I know but I must admit that if it is funny I'll laugh.

[i guess I'm going to h3ll]

Old 05-19-2014, 10:39 PM

22,188 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Children of today can hardly complain or compare themselves to those in the 1950's.....these kids are not a product of the 50's they happen to be given more than most. If racism is going on it's on the people as an individual and we don't need to go around nagging at everything "Uncle Buck" says!

Funny, how certain people think certain people sit and talk about them all day. What kind of thinking is this?

Kind of strange Pelosi and Geithner are having the same kind of discussions......the strangest coincidence or what!

Pelosi compares illegal immigration to the Irish.....on what planet would you say she came from?
No one was attempting to compare to the 1950's or say they should nag at every single thing. What was said is that we have made great strides regarding equality, have come a long way, but we aren't there. And that there are things people in the younger generation (such as those who are graduating high school), can do to help us get all the way there.

There is nothing even remotely controversial with her remarks.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:41 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 23 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,542,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Bingo, you got it right. The people that ***** the loudest about race are usually the biggest and the loudest problem on the issue.

This only makes matter worse, not better in the least.

Had an agenda by gosh, and sticking to it.
No they arent, thats like that stupid montra that if you are against gay marriage then you are secretly gay. Its stupid basis for an argument from both sides.

To the actually discussion. The whole backwards racism crap is getting tiring. Claiming that someone who speaks up against racism is the problem is just more proof that this nation hasnt moved as far as we wish it has.

If you dont want to talk about racism, then dont start, click on, or read forums about it. But stop trying to call others race baiters or racist for not having the same cowardice as you.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:42 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The article says nothing about children reporting anyone, it simply says there is nothing wrong with speaking up within your family to inform them when they do something racist. I do that all the time with my parents.
I agree with this. ^^^^^^
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies