Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2014, 03:01 PM

4,131 posts, read 7,442,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
As I've said multiple times, and others as well, it matters a lot what the person is actually doing with the weapon.

As has already been stated, the validity of the strategy of open carry for the purpose of self defense is constantly debated within gun-owners circles. I personally prefer to remain an unknown quantity because I'm usually out in public with my family, and my intent will be not to draw fire, but to make a "retreat in force."

I understand what those guys think they're trying to do--push for open handgun carry--but they'd make their point better if they were carrying their rifles in the open the same way they'd (supposedly) carry their handguns: Not in their hands.
I don't understand why they want to open carry their handguns.

They seem to believe it acts as a deterrent. Sure but ONLY in places where a person is actually open carrying, which will always be a rare thing. With concealed carry you don't know who does and doesn't have a gun.

It also would make you a target, while not benefiting you self-defense wise.

I think these activists either haven't put much thought into it, or are really interested in bullying the general population.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
One additional item, I'd argue that concealed carry reduces the risk of an accidental discharge.

(Somebody else might have already brought this up, but I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread)

Old 05-21-2014, 03:30 PM
YAZ

7,706 posts, read 14,083,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
One additional item, I'd argue that concealed carry reduces the risk of an accidental discharge.

(Somebody else might have already brought this up, but I haven't read all 16 pages of this thread)
We disagree on pitbulls, but we don't disagree with this topic.

Folks that CCW are the most responsible folks you'll ever meet.

Guns make me feel safe.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:17 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
Stop with the stupid smileys. You're obviously incapable of understanding that concealed carry and open carry are two different things. Open carry is meant to intimidate others and should be banned everywhere.
I LIKE to smile, so get over it! Oh, I understand quite well and I personally don't condone OPEN carry, but I realize in some states that might be the law for those wishing to carry, so it might be their only option. For me CCW is the only option.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:10 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest61021 View Post
I LIKE to smile, so get over it! Oh, I understand quite well and I personally don't condone OPEN carry, but I realize in some states that might be the law for those wishing to carry, so it might be their only option. For me CCW is the only option.
We here in AZ carry openly or concealed at our own discretion.

We don't need a license for either.

I like this rule.

And we smile a lot here.

Your CCW makes me smile.

Old 05-21-2014, 05:12 PM
YAZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by winkosmosis View Post
I don't understand why they want to open carry their handguns.

They seem to believe it acts as a deterrent. Sure but ONLY in places where a person is actually open carrying, which will always be a rare thing. With concealed carry you don't know who does and doesn't have a gun.

It also would make you a target, while not benefiting you self-defense wise.

I think these activists either haven't put much thought into it, or are really interested in bullying the general population.
You need to come to one of our parties.

Safest place in town.

another smiley for ya....

Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAZ View Post

Safest place in town.

Old 05-21-2014, 06:25 PM

534 posts, read 904,701 times
Quote:

Safest place in town.

Wasn't too safe for Gabby Giffords...where was the good guy with open or closed carry? As usual he didn't show up.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:10 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
Quote:

Folks that CCW are the most responsible folks you'll ever meet.

Guns make me feel safe.
But I never see responsible folks carry concealed. They remain invisible. Concealed.

Without legal open carry, the only people the Obamatards will ever see with guns are whatever drugged up psychos the media put on display.

Obamatards have no clue that normal people have guns; and that's a problem that only open carry can solve.

Old 05-21-2014, 07:15 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Wasn't too safe for Gabby Giffords...where was the good guy with open or closed carry? As usual he didn't show up.
He did, but wisely chose not to risk his life, his freedom, and his fortune by getting between two democrats.

Why would I want to save someone who voted for Obama?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies