Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 01:27 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,795,550 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Perhaps you are right, and I am over my constitutional limit for circular arguments, so I will excuse myself.
I didn't mean it as an insult, more as an ironic comparison on limiting rights as infringement.

Old 05-23-2014, 01:43 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Nothing in the Constitution says that you have an unfettered right to keep an arsenal.

WHat constitutes an arsenal though?

If you watch the news, everytime the seize 2 or 3 guns from someone, the media proclaims it an arsenal and someone comments "Why does someone need that many guns?".

If a guy legally collects WW1 or WW2 firearms that have significant historic and monetary value, then would that be an arsenal?

If a guy competes in marksmanship competitions as a hobby, and has 2-3 rifles/handguns set up for each class he competes in, would that be an arsenal?

Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowa4430 View Post
LOL at the gun grabbers and their "assault weapons". It looks scary so it's an "assault weapon"

When in fact it is a "defense" weapon. Most law abiding citizens purchase firearms for defense purposes. I doubt many career criminals procure firearms through the legal channels.
If I paint the black stock of an AR pink and put cute stickers on it does it magically transform into a Hello Kitty weapon rather than assault?

10 round magazines for ARs are known as defense magazines. If I have 3 am I more than defending?

Old 05-23-2014, 03:12 PM

4,475 posts, read 6,685,511 times
Suddenly picturing a crowd of open carriers getting into a "less filling/tastes great" argument

Old 05-23-2014, 03:27 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Oh shucks, licensed gun owners can no longer eat bad imitation Mexican food. Somehow I don't think that was Chilis target demographic. Their customer base is more along the lines of fat families with a gaggle of annoying children.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:29 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,213,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christinerica View Post
Chili's Considers New Gun Policy

Another chain resturant takes aim and hits the bulls eye on the gun droolers.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end for the gun dementia crowd...make love to your rifle. Marry your street sweeper, have carnal relations with your claymores, but just do it at a gun range or go back home and torment your neighbors. Gun are like a colostomy bag, no one wants to see them anywhere....

AGAIN, get over your "anti-gun phobia" christine! You have no clue, about any of this. I eat there a couple times a month, with a concealed weapon and no one is the wiser, and NEVER any problem BECAUSE the manager is ALSO a licensed CCW holder! So try again christine! Chili's is a NON-issue for many of us as is ANY restaurant, plus WE make it a SAFER place to eat!

Old 05-23-2014, 05:06 PM

2,183 posts, read 2,638,305 times
Guns just put a face to the fact that we are a violent species. These soft hearted liberals like to live in la la land where someone must use a gun to kill them, the reality is that a steak knife is more then sufficient if someone were so inclined. It's people that are dangerous, guns are just a tool. Seeing a gun on someones hip is like a punch to the gut for these people, how dare someone have that kind of potential power? This shouldn't be allowed, this isn't necessary, if it weren't for guns everything would be great.

Good news is almost everyone who carries a gun does so in a concealed manner, so it won't insult your precious illusion of safety and peace.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:13 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Oh shucks, licensed gun owners can no longer eat bad imitation Mexican food. Somehow I don't think that was Chilis target demographic. Their customer base is more along the lines of fat families with a gaggle of annoying children.
So gun packers never have fat families and never have annoying children by the gaggleful. How superior of them.

Why, then, did that bunch of Texans feel the deep need to carry rifles into a Chili's in the first place?

Old 05-23-2014, 05:19 PM

3,379 posts, read 5,536,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
So gun packers never have fat families and never have annoying children by the gaggleful. How superior of them.

Why, then, did that bunch of Texans feel the deep need to carry rifles into a Chili's in the first place?
Because they have a small wang and must excert obvious power to compensate??

Old 05-23-2014, 05:26 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse44 View Post
Because they have a small wang and must excert obvious power to compensate??
Most likely. Since Texas is full of honest to God Mexican food, it couldn't have been the cuisine.
Penis envy is a terrible affliction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies