Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 01:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 43,992,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
All I know is the Moms Demand Action group are doing a really good job at mobilizing their base on social media. They are now going after Chili's and Sonic to ban guns in their restaurants. For every one pro gun post there are about 10 ant-gun posts.

What are you doing pro gun, pro self defense people? You're slacking.
I'm pro 2nd Amendment. If someone wants to carry to protect themselves, go for it. I have no problem with someone that owns a business setting the rules for that business.

its too bad that those who would argue the same in other instances take a different position in this case and the same for those who argue the opposite point of view.

A store owner should be able to set their own rules. If you don't like them shop elsewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 04:43 PM

19,578 posts, read 22,454,495 times
Personally a firearm in Chipotles is utterly useless. I would prefer a personal flame-thrower. I like my fajitas to sizzle baby!!

Old 05-29-2014, 04:46 PM

1,070 posts, read 736,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Personally a firearm in Chipotles is utterly useless. I would prefer a personal flame-thrower. I like my fajitas to sizzle baby!!

I'll second that. And some mustard gas for that extra spice....

Old 05-29-2014, 05:07 PM

29,078 posts, read 14,403,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
All I know is the Moms Demand Action group are doing a really good job at mobilizing their base on social media. They are now going after Chili's and Sonic to ban guns in their restaurants. For every one pro gun post there are about 10 ant-gun posts.

What are you doing pro gun, pro self defense people? You're slacking.
That is because they delete posts they don't like, then block the person. It happened to both my wife and I.

Old 05-31-2014, 09:23 PM

29,095 posts, read 25,935,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
In other news, banks and jewelry stores just love it when various people walk in off the streets bearing firearms.

It depends on the mindset and intent of the person carrying the firearm.

If they plan to rob the bank or jewelry store - that would not be good.

If they seek to be able to defend themselves and others around them - the bank or store would be happy to have them as carrying customers.

Old 06-01-2014, 10:54 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,629,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
It depends on the mindset and intent of the person carrying the firearm.

If they plan to rob the bank or jewelry store - that would not be good.

If they seek to be able to defend themselves and others around them - the bank or store would be happy to have them as carrying customers.
Problem is, nobody in the establishment know's what their intent is until they exercise it. Are they gonna pull that gun and shoot up the place? Or are they going to make a deposit and walk out the door?

Old 06-01-2014, 11:18 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,826,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Sure, I never said "all," I said "often times." Nothing in life is guaranteed, but more often when a place is being robbed, it is best just to give the money because it is insured than it is to risk your own life.
Yes, because the robber has the drop on you.

Now, if a customer with a CCW is right behind the robber the situation changes. The customer now has the drop on the robber.

You are also making an assumption that the company values your life over the bottom line.

If a robber kills you the company most likely faces no liability. If you accidentally shoot a customer or even, in some cases, the robber they are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies