Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 11:00 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,353,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I conceal carry a loaded firearm in my local Chipotle all the time, I've been doing it for years and I don't plan on stopping regardless of what their statement said. Their food isn't bad at all, I'm not going to act like some typical hypocritical liberal fool who claims they suck because they made a political statement I don't agree with.
So even though they don't want you to bring a gun in you're going to do it anyway?

May I ask why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 11:04 PM

1,509 posts, read 1,794,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
No it doesnt, you dont have a right to carry a weapon in a private establishment in any state.

The requirement to post a sign is to protect the consumer from persecution.
That's not true.

I do have the right to carry a concealed weapon into a private establishment (which is otherwise open to the public) in Florida, Virginia, and a majority of all states which recognize my permit.

In addition, I also have the right to openly carry a handgun into a private establishment (again, if it's otherwise open to the public) in Virginia, West Virginia, and many other states even without a permit.

Furthermore, I think you meant to use the word prosecution but it's also funny to say persecution.

Some states restrict where guns may be carried, so obviously that's a legal issue which is not up to the individual businesses.

Old 05-20-2014, 12:56 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,214,858 times
If the gun is concealed, how would they know?

Old 05-20-2014, 01:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,183,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I conceal carry a loaded firearm in my local Chipotle all the time, I've been doing it for years and I don't plan on stopping regardless of what their statement said. Their food isn't bad at all, I'm not going to act like some typical hypocritical liberal fool who claims they suck because they made a political statement I don't agree with.
They do suck though...and politics has nothing to do with it.

Geez people...Don't you have actual MEXICANS in the area somewhere that can make you an authentic burrito?

Only reason to carry a gun in that place is to shoot the customers that think they're eating good food.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,849,529 times
I am wondering how many seconds it would take a bad guy to get the guns from these two brainiacs?

Chipotle asks customers not to bring their guns. Cue the backlash! - The Margin - MarketWatch

Old 05-20-2014, 06:00 AM

5,660 posts, read 5,086,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You do realize you don't have the right to carry a gun around on someone else's property without their permission, right?
So you're saying that people may only carry if given explicit permission to by the property owner of every property into which they enter?

When I carry, and I sometimes do as allowed by the court issuing a CCW to me, I carry concealed and no one around me or observing me has ever known. That's what concealed means. My weapon has never made a public appearance other than at a range.

I don't need anyone's permission to carry other than the judge who signed my authorization. The most any property owner (or representative of such) can do is to ask me to leave should it become evident that I am carrying - and it never does. If I refuse to leave under such circumstances, the police could hold me on trespass charges. If I simply leave when asked, there's no problem. My state has laws on where one may not carry concealed - courthouses, schools, churches, etc. - and I do not carry there.

Chipotle sounds good and I'm in the mood for a burrito today. I may be in line in front of you, or behind you, but you'd never know and there will never be a problem unless you're a threat to my life or someone else's in that store. Or I may not even be carrying today. You'll never know either way.

This just means that open carry is not allowed in their stores, as is their right to dictate.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:01 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
If you are carrying they will never know anyway.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:27 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,891,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
They can do what they want. It's just a shame that anti-civil-rights groups can gain so much steam and bully businesses into choosing a side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No more bullying than a bunch of yahoos flash mobbing an establishment with a bunch or ARs and Kalashnikovs.
^^^^^ This^^^^ Exactly what mohawkx said... Took the words right out of my mouth. I was even going to call them yahoos too.

The YAHOOS at Open Carry Texas have done more to get stores and restaurants to ban the carrying of guns than Mom's Demand Action or any other anti-gun group ever could. First it was Starbucks, then it was Jack In The Box, now it's Chipotle. They walk in to a place with their AK's and their AR's and they think they're proving some kind of point.... they're not. I'm all for carrying a gun for self defense, but let's be honest, nobody carries around a rifle for self defense, that's purely provocative. What they are doing, is making it harder for people who are serious about carrying a firearm for self defense.

Idiots who are doing more to hurt the cause then help it if you ask me.

Old 05-20-2014, 06:29 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,480,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2tall View Post
Anti-civil rights group Moms Demand Action has successfully forced Chipotle to make a statement.

Chipotle: Don't Bring Guns in Our Stores - ABC News

What kind of mentality says, "But I MUST have a gun on me when I go out for burritos?"

Old 05-20-2014, 06:39 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
You do realize you don't have the right to carry a gun around on someone else's property without their permission, right?
I am pro-gun rights but apparently people are having hissy fits about not being able to do as they please on someone else's property. I tried saying how it was their right to make their own rules for their own restaurants, and this was to people who purport to stand up for the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies