Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 12:04 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
The Problem is my fellow poster, is you do not see big picture and the results of destructive behavior. It so typical with you Pot crowd is to attack when your augment is slipping away. this Pot thing will always be around, but its a fad.

Just like Bell bottom jeans. Its actual sad your life revolves being stoned.
And if you read above you would know I am not a user of pot nor of alcohol. Why comment if you are unwilling to actually read the thread?

So I have no particular interest in Pot other than doing the best thing for society.

I would think the biggest reason to ignore the objections to marijuana is the brainless arguments of those opposed. When all you have is "I know the truth" you will not get very far.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 02:40 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
The Problem is my fellow poster, is you do not see big picture and the results of destructive behavior. It so typical with you Pot crowd is to attack when your augment is slipping away. this Pot thing will always be around, but its a fad.

Just like Bell bottom jeans. Its actual sad your life revolves being stoned.

pot is far from a fad pot has been used for thousands of years, and is gaining popularity world wide...

Old 05-24-2014, 02:55 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,520,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
*DISCLAIMER* I am not personally making this claim, I am relaying an article I read. I believe in standardized performance testing, and removing any dangerous drivers from roadways regardless of what is in their bloodstream. You might be able to convince me that this article is wrong, but you will only do it by providing peer reviewed scientific evidence... Hyperbole, straw-men, and anecdotes will not reinforce your argument, they will detract from it. ****

CC -- Stoned Drivers are Safe Drivers

This article list many a scientific study, most seem peer reviewed, and some were commissioned by government agencies. The results that have came back are that driving while high is no more dangerous than sober, or even safer.

The studies have concluded that driving while high, even at high doses, is safer than driving while under the influence of alcohol, even if the driver is under the legal limit.

I think a far better approach than trying to measure chemicals in a person to determine their driving ability, is to use performance testing: Performance Testing This approach is based on the concept that any and all dangerous drivers should be removed from the road regardless of what is in their bloodstream. Driving tired is more dangerous than driving on certain drugs. (Caffeine and nicotine come to mind.)

Give this article a read, I would love to hear your thoughts on this... especially 3 months into legalization without the roads becoming apocalyptic deathways. (as suggested they would become by the fear-mongers.)

*****I do not advocate dangerous driving of any kind. Know your limits, this applies to drugs, fatigue, emotions, etc... everything. *******
Did you bother following the links? Garbage science here. I followed just the first one and found speculation about general use. You need data to prove a point. Not statements like "A recent study found that one-third of those stopped for "reckless driving" between the hours of 7 p.m. and 2 a.m. - mostly young males - tested positive for marijuana (and no other drugs).[SIZE=2]79[/SIZE] To be meaningful, these test results would have to be compared to those from a matched control group of drivers. " and "To accurately assess marijuana's contribution to fatal crashes, the positive rate among deceased drivers would have to be compared to the positive rate from a random sample of drivers not involved in fatal accidents." Seriously? You call this proof? You think this needs to be disproven when it's nothing but speculation?

I want the 5 minutes I wasted on just the first link back. What a waste.

Old 05-25-2014, 08:23 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
pot is far from a fad pot has been used for thousands of years, and is gaining popularity world wide...

There is many people like me that will never endorse it or promote. It may be legal but is is still destructive behavior that will catch up to the Pot smoker.

Look for one moment beyond You. Does any want people or our children to be stoned or impaired.

Do we want to send a message to future generation using drugs or alcohol is accept in dodging reasonability?

Old 05-25-2014, 08:25 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
And if you read above you would know I am not a user of pot nor of alcohol. Why comment if you are unwilling to actually read the thread?

So I have no particular interest in Pot other than doing the best thing for society.

I would think the biggest reason to ignore the objections to marijuana is the brainless arguments of those opposed. When all you have is "I know the truth" you will not get very far.

Senseless augment's to dumb down America!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:31 AM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Senseless augment's to dumb down America!
Boy - talk about demonstrating the problem...

What is an "augment"?

Old 05-25-2014, 11:02 AM

13,621 posts, read 12,726,125 times
Quote:
There is many people like me that will never endorse it or promote. It may be legal but is is still destructive behavior that will catch up to the Pot smoker.

Look for one moment beyond You. Does any want people or our children to be stoned or impaired.

Do we want to send a message to future generation using drugs or alcohol is accept in dodging reasonability?

making drugs illegal only makes it worse, that's how prohibition works.. most pot smokers and most people that drink alcohol are responsible people.. just like most gun owners are responsible.. why should the majority of responsible people suffer for the actions of a small minority of bad apples.. if society were to ban things based on a few bad apples you would have to ban practically everything on the planet..

Old 05-26-2014, 11:00 AM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
So are you really trying to say you honestly believe it is just as safe to drive stoned on pot as it is to drive completely sober?
No.

Did you even bother with the OP? I am saying that all the major studies on the subject conducted by governmental transportation safety organizations conclude that smoking cannabis before driving adds no risk to negligible risk. This of course excludes very high doses.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:04 PM

3,147 posts, read 3,500,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
That is the dumbest argument I've ever heard.
Yeah, it is dumb, that was the whole point! It is really a dumb argument to say that a personal story is "verifiable", especially when posted through an anonymous/semi-anonymous website.

Verifiable means I can look it up and vet it myself, I can not look up anything about your claims, nada, zilch. This makes it completely unverifiable.

If you are going to continue saying that your anecdote is "verifiable evidence", prove it, verify your story and your injuries. This would involve proving your identity, and submitting all incident reports/paperwork on the issue, along with contact information for any witnesses. Any media accounts would be helpful as well.

If you can't or don't want to verify your story, then no, it does NOT count as verifiable evidence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies