Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 05:54 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Of course. More bureacracy, red tape, and big gubbermint bulls****! The Feds have to continue their stupid immoral war on a plant, and those who use it to continue getting their palms greased by pandering to whiny special interests. Color me suprised. Oh well, as with prohibition eventually more states are going to tell the Feds to pound salt, and legalize it.
So eliminate the FDA.

Who needs to be safe from purveyors of anything ingestible.

What were you smoking to think legalization would not lead to regulation and regulation is the new legislation in spades.

Don't like the federal law...vote your passion or just sit back and chill out with a joint.

Resentment big time to pot growers who invade public lands......a pox on them all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 06:05 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Buck up pot growers, this is just a prologue - wait til they shut you down for invading the Zebra-Striped Pueblo Pissant's territory.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:33 AM

39,856 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
The handling of legalization has been a mess up to this point. You don't reverse federal law at the state level. And Atty Gen Holder should not have agreed to the wink & nod deal with WA and CO after they voted to legalize pot.

Now we've got one arm of the admin ( the DOJ) saying that they won't enforce federal law, and another arm, the Bureau of Reclamation, saying that they will. Expect Pres Obama to let us know that he only learned about it from the press.
While I agree with legalization, there is truth in that statement. The AG, and the executive branch as a whole, have the job of enforcing federal law. There is no justification to simply ignore criminal acts that they happen to agree with. There is no more justification of the executive branch not enforcing drug laws, than there is for their refusal to enforce immigration laws. Or to ignore environmental laws and arbitrarily create new rules PAST what the law allows and enforce them with zeal. Our president forgets that he has a job, with both real responsibilities, and also limitations. Rather he seems to think he is a tin-pot dictator.

I guess there is a bright side. If some states chose to pass laws that ignore federal laws, other states are free to do so. I'm thinking my state should decide to ignore federal firearms and tax laws.

Old 05-22-2014, 06:42 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
While I agree with legalization, there is truth in that statement. The AG, and the executive branch as a whole, have the job of enforcing federal law. There is no justification to simply ignore criminal acts that they happen to agree with.
But when you are in the habit of doing just that it's perfectly understandable when others expect you to do so here.

In one of the threads concerning student loans I noted that what with the government providing so much welfare for Wall Street it's perfectly understandable for others to wonder where theirs is. Same here. When there is a law that the administration doesn't like they ignore it.

I understand your argument to be that the government shouldn't be picking and choosing what laws they will enforce and what ones they wont and I agree with you.

Quote:
There is no more justification of the executive branch not enforcing drug laws, than there is for their refusal to enforce immigration laws. Or to ignore environmental laws and arbitrarily create new rules PAST what the law allows and enforce them with zeal. Our president forgets that he has a job, with both real responsibilities, and also limitations. Rather he seems to think he is a tin-pot dictator.

I guess there is a bright side. If some states chose to pass laws that ignore federal laws, other states are free to do so. I'm thinking my state should decide to ignore federal firearms and tax laws.
Right, I've found myself falling more along these lines. If others can commit perjury and get away with it, why shouldn't everyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies