Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 03:22 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,182,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Who will proceed to trash the area with their garbage.

I have seen some shows where they go out into the desert and haul in all the trash that people leave there and i doubt they were illegals.
Ever lived in the southern border area?

I have. I had my fences cut, my stock tanks polluted, my horses run off and garbage and crap thrown everywhere.

Go to the reservation that abuts Mexico in Arizona and look at all the junk thrown everywhere.

http://www.nyu.edu/classes/keefer/Ev...gy/oakesr.html

Illegal Immigrants Trash Border Lands With Tons Of Waste | Judicial Watch

Illegal Immigration continues. Environment suffers for it. - San Diego immigration policy | Examiner.com

You really have no idea.

I hung a sign on my southern facing fences that read; "Rancho De Los Deceparecidos". And I threw a bunch of empty .308 shell casings around. Plus at odd times in the early morning I would go outside and blast a 20 round mag out of my FN/FAL. Solved that problem for the most part.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,436,448 times
A bill to give the Border Patrol more latitude died in Congress in 2011.

https://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/112/s1024

Bingaman & Udall Renew Effort to Protect Organ Mountains While Improving Border Security | Tom Udall | Senator for New Mexico

"the Border Patrol has a buffer of only 1/3 of a mile from the international border and is currently limited in its ability to conduct routine vehicle patrols north of Highway 9."
"The bill introduced today expands this buffer to a total of 5 miles - 3 miles of non-wilderness buffer area and an additional 2-mile "Restricted Use Area." This area would prohibit motorized access by the general public, but it will permit the Border Patrol to conduct routine patrols and construct communication and surveillance infrastructure as it would on regular multiple-use land."

Old 05-21-2014, 03:25 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,003,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
local public opinion strongly favors the monument — 83% in Doña Ana County and 82% statewide.

I must say the Organ Mtns are gorgeous. At sunset they give off this watermelon glow which
is breathtaking. But most of NM is

Old 05-21-2014, 03:30 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,892,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Ever lived in the southern border area?
For many, many decades and probably closer to the border than you. BTW when I go out to east county to go hiking and enjoy our publicly owned lands I usually find a lot of Coors Lite cans, bullet shells, and areas where quads have torn up the land so, yes, I'd definitely say it was local red necks and not illegals doing that.

Old 05-21-2014, 03:34 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
What exactly is wrong with putting land mines on our border?

Old 05-21-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Nothing. I am all for it.

Old 05-21-2014, 04:07 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,269,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
What good is an exploded cow?
There is a hell of a lot of private land along our border that is used as range or for farming. Much of the federal border land is used for recreation by our citizens.
The United States is not Bosnia, and I hope to God it will never be. This is the worst idea ever.

This kerfuffle will eventually go away, but mines kill innocents forever once they are laid.

France still has deaths every year from mines that were laid 100 years ago in WWI. Whoever laid them 100 years ago drew careful maps, with every good intention to go dig them up after the war, but the maps always disappear and the mines are never dug up. They just grow more deadly with each passing year.

Bosnian mines are still killing Croatians. Our mines are still killing Vietnamese and Cambodians. German mines are still killing Poles and Czechs. Russian mines are still killing Germans. Italian mines are still killing Ethiopians. British mines are still killing Burmese. Japanese mines are still killing Chinese.

Get the point?

Old 05-21-2014, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Get the point?
No. Mine the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies