Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:00 AM

1,782 posts, read 2,138,563 times

Advertisements

Anyone know? There are hundreds of web sites asking the question and nobody seems to know the answer.

What IS known that, instead of being somewhere to support it, our magnificent Commander-in-Chief sent out a stirring Tweet:

"No one should face violence or discrimination—no matter who they are or whom they love." —President Obama #IDAHOT

And US embassies did this:

http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cd...5.30.06-AM.png

Make you feel warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?

According to the White House @ http://www.whitehouse.gov/schedule/president/2014-05-17 there was "no public schedule"

Last edited by sargentodiaz; 05-20-2014 at 10:02 AM..

Old 05-20-2014, 09:04 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,826,300 times
I would suppose out on the links.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:12 AM

14,400 posts, read 14,303,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sargentodiaz View Post
Anyone know? There are hundreds of web sites asking the question and nobody seems to know the answer.

What IS known that, instead of being somewhere to support it, our magnificent Commander-in-Chief sent out a stirring Tweet:

"No one should face violence or discrimination—no matter who they are or whom they love." —President Obama #IDAHOT

And US embassies did this:

http://clashdaily.wpengine.netdna-cd...5.30.06-AM.png

Make you feel warm and fuzzy, doesn't it?
Obama has done a great deal to honor the sacrifices of military people. Its funny you would pick a day, Armed Forces Day, that many have not even heard of to try and make this point. It is not a holiday that is celebrated.

A better choice would have been Veterans Day, or November 11th. These links are to speeches he has given and things he has done on Veteran's Day for the last three years.

Obama Honors Veterans At Arlington National Cemetery

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2113590.html

Veterans Day 2011 | The White House

Obama is far from a perfect President. Yet, I get tired of those who try to use any excuse to complain about him.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:49 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,271,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markg91359 View Post
Obama is far from a perfect President. Yet, I get tired of those who try to use any excuse to complain about him.
^^^ THIS!

Old 05-20-2014, 09:53 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,493,343 times
Quote:

It's actually to the point where enough is enough. I'm not a fan of the guy either, but it's pretty obvious people use any excuse to pick him apart when they can.

He could find the cure for cancer and someone will find some reason to bash him.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:54 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,556,326 times
Am I supposed to be concerned about this? Does this have anything to do with anything? I didn't think so. Perhaps you could leave this in the politics forum where it appears the only point of that forum is to complain about & insult the president.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:56 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Obama has done a great deal to honor the sacrifices of military people. Its funny you would pick a day, Armed Forces Day, that many have not even heard of to try and make this point. It is not a holiday that is celebrated.

A better choice would have been Veterans Day, or November 11th. These links are to speeches he has given and things he has done on Veteran's Day for the last three years.

Obama Veterans Day Speech: President Honors Military Members

^^^^^^^This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's actually to the point where enough is enough. I'm not a fan of the guy either, but it's pretty obvious people use any excuse to pick him apart when they can.

He could find the cure for cancer and someone will find some reason to bash him.
^^^^^^^^^^ And this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Am I supposed to be concerned about this? Does this have anything to do with anything? I didn't think so. Perhaps you could leave this in the politics forum where it appears the only point of that forum is to complain about & insult the president.
^^^^^^^^ And this!

My Dad is a WWII Vet and I didn't even realize it was Armed Forces Day.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:33 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:

Obama Veterans Day Speech: President Honors Military Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
^^^ THIS!
Absolutely agree. It is difficult to comprehend how people can become so extremely obsessed with hating a president. Some users start many threads for no reason other than to express hate for Obama or his family. There are always presidents some people do not care for, but personally I'd rather not think about them at all, instead of obsessing over every little thing they (and their wives) do. The intensity of hate and disrespect leveled at this president by bitter RWNJs never fails to amaze. It's totally unproductive, unhealthy, unwarranted, and at this point a big yawn. Armed Forces Day? Never heard of it, but why would it be the week before Memorial Day when the armed forces and vets are honored?

In addition, it is not just Obama who has spent so much time honoring the military, but Michelle and Jill Biden have made military families one of their biggest priorities.

Old 05-20-2014, 10:40 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,054,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

what about the resulting unemployment in the cancer treatment industries!!!

Old 05-20-2014, 11:02 AM

160 posts, read 241,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Armed Forces Day? Never heard of it, but why would it be the week before Memorial Day when the armed forces and vets are honored?
Not to nitpick, but technically, Memorial Day is a day to remember those who have died in military service. Honoring the military service of all who have worn the uniform is performed via Veterans Day.

But yes, the hatred shown to our Commander in Chief by some citizens really is disgraceful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies