Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 12:39 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabass Inna Bun View Post
Whatever. Happily, a few minutes looking revealed something relevant to those tooting Judith Curry's horn as well as to that guy who was saying all the models are wrong in another one of these denialist threads.

Why Curry, McIntyre, and Co. are Still Wrong about IPCC Climate Model Accuracy
bwahahahaha... an opinion piece written by a blogger....How cute........LMAO!

97% Study Falsely Classifies Scientists' Papers, according to the scientists that published them

Top climate scientists have admitted that their global warming forecasts are wrong and world is not heating at the rate they claimed it was in a key report.
How reliable are climate models?
95% of Climate Models Agree: The Observations Must be Wrong
Report: 95 percent of global warming models are wrong
Climate Scientist: 73 UN Climate Models Wrong, No Global Warming in 17 Years
World's top climate scientists confess: Global warming is just QUARTER what we thought - and computers got the effects of greenhouse gases wrong
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 12:42 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
I'm just showing their claims are not supported by the facts.
Other than hurtling insults including those directed at Judith Curry you've shown nothing in this thread.

When you say this:

Quote:
....but I stopped reading when I saw it involved Judith Curry. It's just more worthless drivel...
What exactly is your issue with a pro AGW scientists that advocates for open and honest debate?

Old 05-22-2014, 12:50 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,887 times
Quote:
I've said so explicitly. Several times. I'll say it again. I am not trying to change denialists' opinions, I'm just showing their claims are not supported by the facts. I expect denialists to continue to lie despite the facts. I'm not interested in debating people who whine and cry about Al Gore when presented with facts that contradict Rush and Sean. As the saying goes, it tires me out and annoys the pig.
You seem to have constructed this strawman argument that anyone who disagrees with your opinions about AGW gets their information from Sean or Rush and can't think for themselves. You constantly whine about partisan right-wingers yet you are one of the most partisan left wingers there is.

Old 05-22-2014, 12:52 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
You seem to have constructed this strawman argument that anyone who disagrees with your opinions about AGW gets their information from Sean or Rush and can't think for themselves.
Yeah. The whining about Al Gore and liberals is a dead giveaway.

Quote:
You constantly whine about partisan right-wingers yet you are one of the most partisan left wingers there is.
To the right, science is the purview of the left. To everyone else, it's just science. It's the denialists who feel the need to make this about sides. I love the way you guys refer to scientists as "your scientists".

Old 05-22-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Yeah. The whining about Al Gore and liberals is a dead giveaway.

To the right, science is the purview of the left. To everyone else, it's just science. It's the denialists who feel the need to make this about sides. I love the way you guys refer to scientists as "your scientists".
Who is whining about Al Gore and liberals? The OP was about Judith Curry who simply advocated for more openness and transparency in science. For that, you dismissed her as not worth listening to. The only blind partisan in evidence consistently here is you.
The skeptics need to make it about sides? You are the one who brings up Rush and Sean in almost every post and accuse others of being right wingers. Without your "rightwing bogeyman" as a strawman to rail against, you'd have nothing to talk about.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:00 PM

3,401 posts, read 2,285,021 times
No, I didn't dismiss her for that. I showed why she should be dismissed.

I'm biased towards science over blogs in right-wing business magazines. If you don't like it, sue me or something. I'm not going to pretend lies are true to spare your feelings because I don't care about your feelings.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
No, I didn't dismiss her for that. I showed why she should be dismissed.

I'm biased towards science over blogs in right-wing business magazines. If you don't like it, sue me or something. I'm not going to pretend lies are true to spare your feelings because I don't care about your feelings.
Sure, keep flailing away at those rightwing straw men and bragging about how well you think you are doing. Your posts are a running source of amusement at this point.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 PM

Quote:
I picked three of your links at random. I got PopTech's blog, long since debunked, CNS news, and the Daily Mail.

Better give that cuestick back to your sister, kid.
And yet… you quoted from Skeptical Science earlier in this debate. Leftist warming propaganda created by a cartoonist:
http://www.populartechnology.net/201...l-science.html

Old 05-22-2014, 01:19 PM

2,777 posts, read 1,781,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
The IPCC inherently gets it wrong all the time.

Why Richard Tol pulled out as one of the main authors.

Face it, your argument is slowly collapsing into itself in a most painful way.
Tol simply objected to the tone of the report... he didn't say AGW wasn't a catastrophe, just that we would be able to survive it and what's more is he argues in favor of reducing carbon pollution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies