Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2014, 12:54 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,308,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
How do you know that? Are you his body guard? lol
When I say "walk down the street" I mean as you or I would (which is to say common Joes).

I don't own a car. I walk a ton. I don't have a posse watching my back and when I'm walking it's for a purpose (store, work, etc). I live in a pretty good neighborhood but I'm guessing Cuban's is a lot nicer/safer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 02:01 AM

16,406 posts, read 8,488,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
I'm walking to the other side of the street".. Mark Cuban

Jesse Jackson essentially said the same thing about black vs. white youths walking behind him.
Personally I do not care for Cuban on several levels, but at least he is willing to speak his mind, PC be damned. For that I give him credit.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:22 AM

29,409 posts, read 21,969,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Jesse Jackson essentially said the same thing about black vs. white youths walking behind him.
Personally I do not care for Cuban on several levels, but at least he is willing to speak his mind, PC be damned. For that I give him credit.
Hey I agree I always thought Cuban was a little punk. Like you say they he isn't afraid to say what he feels no matter what the PC loons want to bray. For that I give him credit.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
When I say "walk down the street" I mean as you or I would (which is to say common Joes).

I don't own a car. I walk a ton. I don't have a posse watching my back and when I'm walking it's for a purpose (store, work, etc). I live in a pretty good neighborhood but I'm guessing Cuban's is a lot nicer/safer.

Again you don't know where he "walks" I'd bet he's downtown more than most after Mavs games late at night. Are you? Do you know where he and his crew go to eat after the games or what bars they frequent after? Or do you just think rich folks run around yelling at Bitterman to drive em through the park?

Old 05-23-2014, 04:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,825,162 times
Absent from the Cuban comments reported were these that followed...

“When I run into bigotry in organizations I control, I try to find solutions. I'll work with people, I'll send them to training, I'll send them to sensitivity training...I'll try to give them a chance to improve themselves.â€.

What that means is, Cuban recognizes the flaw in his own prejudices and works at thinking his way past them. Waaaay too many people don't recognize their own failings and many that do, don't try to get past them.

http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/bl...try-spark.html

Old 05-23-2014, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Absent from the Cuban comments reported were these that followed...

“When I run into bigotry in organizations I control, I try to find solutions. I'll work with people, I'll send them to training, I'll send them to sensitivity training...I'll try to give them a chance to improve themselves.â€.

What that means is, Cuban recognizes the flaw in his own prejudices and works at thinking his way past them. Waaaay too many people don't recognize their own failings and many that do, don't try to get past them.

Mark Cuban's comments on racism, bigotry spark Twitter battle - Dallas Business Journal
The entire "diversity" game is a joke. You can't force folks who don't want to be together to be together. Now in sports it happens all the time. One reason I love sports. Bunch of kids come together for one goal.......to win. In the rest of the world forcing folks to conform when they don't want to never works. Probably why he owns a sports team.

Old 05-23-2014, 04:58 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,825,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
The entire "diversity" game is a joke. You can't force folks who don't want to be together to be together. Now in sports it happens all the time. One reason I love sports. Bunch of kids come together for one goal.......to win. In the rest of the world forcing folks to conform when they don't want to never works. Probably why he owns a sports team.
I believe this Country was founded on "Diversity". No joke.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:06 AM

33,510 posts, read 18,080,397 times
That is not racist, it is using common sense.. If one sees a snake and one doesn't know if it is deadly to get bitten by it.. they avoid it like the plague. It is common sense to react and it is not racist! I am so sick of this politically correct garbage ..

The real racists sees that the name Washington red skins is offensive.. it is not! Red skin is not racist in any form.. We all have different kinds of skin.. white people come in different shades , some with olive, pale, freckled etc.. so what is the big deal! If it was called the Washington brown eyes, would it be offensive or racists if we mention color? Too many people have too many hang ups today.. they are the real racists and see everything in the negative as far as color of skin. So what is so offensive as saying red skin? The real racist sees it as a negative.. as if there is something wrong with red skin.

Old 05-23-2014, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I believe this Country was founded on "Diversity". No joke.
Now it is. Now diversity is if you say something somebody doesn't like the media goes crazy to ramp up folks and you lose your NBA franchise. Was America founded on that?

Old 05-23-2014, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
That is not racist, it is using common sense.. If one sees a snake and one doesn't know if it is deadly to get bitten by it.. they avoid it like the plague. It is common sense to react and it is not racist! I am so sick of this politically correct garbage ..

The real racists sees that the name Washington red skins is offensive.. it is not! Red skin is not racist in any form.. We all have different kinds of skin.. white people come in different shades , some with olive, pale, freckled etc.. so what is the big deal! If it was called the Washington brown eyes, would it be offensive or racists if we mention color? Too many people have too many hang ups today.. they are the real racists and see everything in the negative as far as color of skin. So what is so offensive as saying red skin? The real racist sees it as a negative.. as if there is something wrong with red skin.
Senate more worried about that then reading a three page bill to help the vets. It's just a nuthouse anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies