Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 03:26 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You know he is not against those things. I can not understand why people even choose to post hyperbole like this.

Those of use who are left of center dont have a problem with any of those things, Our problem is the definition of what those things are.

What I see as a waste of my tax dollars is not the same as what you see as a waste.

What I see as constitutional is not what you see as constitutional.

What I see as Free Market is not what you see as free market.

The terms you used are fine and dandy, but they mean different things to different people, you know that and yet you still posted the above comment , which makes no sense.
The only legitimate point you made was that what one considers to be wasteful is subjective, and that's a fair point. But CERTAINLY you would agree that there is a lot of waste in government, and that nobody is doing a damned thing about it, wouldn't you?

What is or is not constitutional is NOT subjective. It is a matter of law.

The "free market" also is not a subjective term. Perhaps you meant to write that we would disagree on what restrictions should be placed on it. However, the "free" in "free market" means "free from government interference," and no reasonable person would ever claim that what we have now in commerce is "free from government interference." If you need a demonstration of that fact, open a gun store. You'll be immersed in regulations from the moment you apply for your first (of many) government permission slips.

Oh, and you might want to consider letting urban answer for him/her self, unless you're a mind reader and you have his/her permission to post on his/her behalf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 03:59 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Originally Posted by SourD
No they don't. Not all of them. In the same token you represent the far Left wing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Well of course, everything to the left of you is "far left wing" because you are a representing member of the far right wing.
Whoa... I'm not even sure moderate is in your vocabulary.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:05 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Do you know any Americans who despise American the constitution, freedom and would mind paying less in taxes? Lol
You're kidding, right? There's quite a few in here that have made it clear they despise the Constitution. I'm sure most of them are not US citizens, but I wouldn't doubt many are. Progressives seem especially willing to gut it.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The represent the far right wing and I am against the far right wing.

does that also mean you are also against the far left wing too?

also, how is it that believing in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is considered far right wing?

Old 05-27-2014, 04:32 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i don't hate them but the embrace and promotion of birtherism among many of the organized tea party factions destroyed all credibility in my opinion.
the Sutter Buttes Tea Party Patriots (YUBA CITY, CA) straw poll winner for CA attorney general endorsement.......

Orly Taitz!

eTerritorial Dispatch: Tea Party Announces Election Straw Poll Results

Old 05-27-2014, 04:39 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Oh come on, Wrecking Ball, lets face it you are so dedicated in defending the Presidents Birth place , Kenya, no you mean Hawaii.

Tea Party is Defending our rights thru Citizens, established political dinosaurs and parties. If we do not control our Gov. thru the Constitution we are doomed to have a political system Like Russia.Do you really want that.
actually most of the things birther want are decidedly unconstitutional. removal of president thru means other than impeachment, sedition and the "null and void" belief are all in contradiction to the US constitution.

Old 05-27-2014, 06:24 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Default Interesting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
actually most of the things birther want are decidedly unconstitutional. removal of president thru means other than impeachment, sedition and the "null and void" belief are all in contradiction to the US constitution.
No one with true Tea Party Values, with a once of intelligence would suggest "Sedition". Impeachment , highly unlikely, however there is grounds that could push Impeachment forward. The funny thing about is, Democrats calling President Obama out of touch" it is conceivable Democrats could sponsor a Impeachment bill.

Remember Dem's passed 3 Articles of Impeachment against Bill Clinton!

If anything Tea Party and Conservatives have been questioning the President on His carrying out the Oath of Office and the Constitution. Ted Cruz in in the judicial Committee and has noted many occasions the President has violated his powers .

Sounds Familiar when Democrats were accusing of President GW Bush of the same thing.

PS: Say hello for to jay Carney!

Old 05-27-2014, 06:26 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,662,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
does that also mean you are also against the far left wing too?

also, how is it that believing in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is considered far right wing?
Perhaps it's just the tea party's interpretation of the constitution is what moderates and liberals don't believe in.
I do know that they firmly believe in the Supreme Court's interpretation of the constitution. That's exactly how our founding fathers set it up.
You guy's remember......., the Highest court in the land is......well........SUPREME............(according to the founders).
Not the executive branch nor the legislative branch can change the decisions and interpretations made by the supreme court as to what is or is not constitutional. The Supreme Court reigns Supreme over all other branches of government. Only through the constitutional process can the people and the states, by popular vote and a very lengthy process, change the decisions made by the Supreme Court.

This fact has been the hardest nut to crack when dealing with the tea party. When you mention it, their eyes glaze over and their earflaps just close down.

In fact, I'd be willing to wager that nobody outside the 14% of the general population who identify with the tea party agree's with the tea party's interpretation of what the constitution means and how it's applied to current law.

Anybody want odds?????

Last edited by mohawkx; 05-27-2014 at 07:46 PM..

Old 05-27-2014, 06:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
The democratic party is using blacks , minorities, gays and birth control to control their base.

The republicans use their message for lower taxes, lower federal government control and cheaper energy costs. The democrats fight against the message of the republicans with social issues , abortion, birth control and racism as their crutch for power

Old 05-27-2014, 06:43 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Perhaps it's just the tea party's interpretation of the constitution is what moderates and liberals don't believe in.
I do know that they firmly believe in the Supreme Court's interpretation of the constitution. That's exactly how our founding fathers set it up.
You guy's remember......., the Highest court in the land is......well........SUPREME............(according to the founders).
Not the executive branch nor the legislative branch can change the decisions and interpretations made by the supreme court as to what is or is not constitutional. The Supreme Court reigns Supreme over all other branches of government. Only through the constitutional process can the people and the states by popular vote change the decisions made by the Supreme Court.

This fact has been the hardest nut to crack when dealing with the tea party. When you mention it, their eyes glaze over and their earflaps just close down.

In fact, I'd be willing to wager that nobody outside the 14% of the general population who identify with the tea party agree's with the tea party's interpretation of what the constitution means and how it's applied to current law.

Anybody want odds?????
Your post to kind of hit and miss. As someone who believes in the US Constitution and the Bill of rights, there safeties built in from the intrusion of Gov, taxation and abuse of power. The problem is there are groups of people who thinks they should be a protected group.

That is where the problem lies and why so many confuse and try to contort the US Constitution to their own benefit.

The Fact is the US Constitution, the Bill of Rights, to include the Federist Papers were well a head of their time. They have warned about the overspending of Government and abuse of power.

during the time of the writing of the constitution nor even considered special rights to any one. It was wrote for the common good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies