Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2014, 01:29 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,236,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
how?

I dont think it would matter if they did offer a solution because people such as yourself and other liberals types would refuse to listen anyway like the liberals did when they held control of both chambers of congress. Reid himself doesn't listen to anyone but himself.

Personally I do not see why it is considered far right wing to oppose high taxes.
What taxes are high?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2014, 01:35 PM

102 posts, read 101,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
What taxes are high?
Surely you're being sarcastic.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM

18,454 posts, read 7,086,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Nice fallacy, but it doesnt work. Especially since it has nothing to do with my post or this thread. Has the Tea Party of any of its elected members said they would eliminate the taxes you speak of in your post ? Did I ever say all taxes are good ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
You realize that this is the reality every where in the world, don't you?
Or that life in the digital age and global competition requires more regulation than in XVIII century?
So in other words, neither one of you can think of even one answer to my question or justify all that taxation, regulating and legislating.

Got it.

And you wonder why the tea party wants smaller government? LOL

Last edited by FatBob96; 05-22-2014 at 02:02 PM..

Old 05-22-2014, 01:50 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
Surely you're being sarcastic.
Taxes are the 3nd lowest they have ever been in our nations history.

Old 05-22-2014, 01:55 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
You want to run this country like its 1776 again? LMAO.

All right:
- Slavery - check
- voting rights for white men who are land owners only - check

Should I go on? Lol
No, you shouldn't. That's just a stawman argument, and therefore fallacious. So it's worthless to go on. But if you can come up with a real argument, then by all means go on.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:01 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Speaking for this liberal, I dislike the tea party because I believe in political parties that go to Washington should work with all factions of the people to provide solutions to the nation's challenges. I consider all sides of an issue relevent and it's only through compromise that a solution can be found.
The tea party has shown itself to take a foundational stand against any compromise that goes against their agenda. They sign pledges to never raise taxes for any reason whatsoever. They shut the government down if they don't get their way. They consider deception, obfuscation, duplicity and outright lies to be acceptable tactics in destroying their political opponents. They have no agenda to fix the challenges of the nation. Their only agenda is to destroy the political fabric of the nation and the current administration.
I consider them a national, fascist evil, akin to the brownshirts of Germany back in 1933.

You asked.........I answered..............To bad if you don't like the answer.
I pick this answer as the best in the thread.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:02 PM

1,070 posts, read 739,573 times
Nobody is going to spend time thinking about. There is no going back, the world getting more complex by the minute and there is going to be more regulation not less. Get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post
So in other words, neither one of you can think of even one answer to my question or justify all that taxation, regulating and legislating.

Got it.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM

303 posts, read 595,587 times
Can there ever be meaningful dialogue between either party? Both are completely convinced that the other is wrong. In the end, you're all just talking AT each other and not talking TO each other.

What about the rest of us, the ones that believe wholeheartedly in Gun Rights, an unencumbered government and restrictions on abortion BUT also believe that quality Health Care should be for everyone regardless of financial situation, Civil Unions should be perfectly legal and a reduction in Special Interest Groups?

I'm anti-tea party because I've personally encountered a number of them and they weren't pleasant by any means. I'm also against militant liberals. Extremists on either side have no place in civil political discourse.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:07 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,549 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooleys1300 View Post

Got it.

And you wonder why the tea party wants smaller government? LOL
I live in Alabama, For your argument to be true you would be proving that the Tea Party is a fraud. But again, Your point was that the Tea Party wanted smaller government. which again, has nothing to do with the post you responded to.

Show me a How the Tea Party plans to stop taxation, regulation, and legislation on these activities ????

i like how you posted that comment as if we had responded to you and not the other way around.

Old 05-22-2014, 02:09 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
List your reasons and facts to back them up.
The Taxed Enough Already party was hijacked by right wing nuts and made to represent the "Women can keep themselves from getting pregnant by rape" and "I'm not a witch" and crap like that.

Just like a house party, it could be going great, but two or three bad apples show up, it ruins the party for everyone, and could give your parties a bad name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies