Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 01:13 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,740,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
Hold an FFL Type 1 SOT 3, it wouldn't affect me, I can already buy anything on the market whether it's pre or post '86 for my store, if I use it I can't sell it as new, but that's between me and my shareholders (which would be me).
So would you build a trust if this turns out to be the real deal?

I can only think of how much money you could make, I mean even if you sold a new full auto AR15 for 3,000$ that is a great profit margin and still far cheaper then a 25,000$ transferable one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Hold an FFL Type 1 SOT 3, it wouldn't affect me, I can already buy anything on the market whether it's pre or post '86 for my store, if I use it I can't sell it as new, but that's between me and my shareholders (which would be me).
How much would a new GE134 MiniGun cost to build?

How much would a new M60E4 cost to build?

Old 06-07-2014, 01:02 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,273,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
How much would a new GE134 MiniGun cost to build?

How much would a new M60E4 cost to build?
From scratch, or just buy one from Dillon, Saco or US Ordnance?

the M60E4 is unit priced $6000 give or take. So from scratch (machining, materials etc.) probably around 80% unit cost so $5k ish...

The Dillon, unit cost I've got no idea, it's one of those things where "If you have to ask, you can't afford it", From scratch I'd be guessing and it may even still contain components that could be under patent, while the design dates from the 60's Dillon upgraded much of it when they bought a bunch of worn out GAU-2's from a "foreign military" and set about restoring them, in the 90's they invented a new feeder/delinker which may still be under patent, plus other upgrades and so on. I'd be completely guessing as to the cost to manufacture (since I don't normally make guns).

Old 06-07-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
From scratch, or just buy one from Dillon, Saco or US Ordnance?

the M60E4 is unit priced $6000 give or take. So from scratch (machining, materials etc.) probably around 80% unit cost so $5k ish...

The Dillon, unit cost I've got no idea, it's one of those things where "If you have to ask, you can't afford it", From scratch I'd be guessing and it may even still contain components that could be under patent, while the design dates from the 60's Dillon upgraded much of it when they bought a bunch of worn out GAU-2's from a "foreign military" and set about restoring them, in the 90's they invented a new feeder/delinker which may still be under patent, plus other upgrades and so on. I'd be completely guessing as to the cost to manufacture (since I don't normally make guns).
Any Ideas? I mean a ball park?

I can say this will be a great boom(pardon the pun) to the manufacturing sector.

I mean I dont see the ATF having a leg to stand on...

Old 06-07-2014, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Any Ideas? I mean a ball park?

I can say this will be a great boom(pardon the pun) to the manufacturing sector.

I mean I dont see the ATF having a leg to stand on...
Using off the shelf (barrels, motors etc. for example) and custom components (housing, multi-barrel support, axle, bearings) with firing electronics, feed mechanism I'd estimate parts alone would be around $10-15k and that may be on the low side, then there's the hard part of putting them together and making the gun work. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out half of that price, or double that price though, that's how much confidence I have in the guestimate.

Old 06-07-2014, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Using off the shelf (barrels, motors etc. for example) and custom components (housing, multi-barrel support, axle, bearings) with firing electronics, feed mechanism I'd estimate parts alone would be around $10-15k and that may be on the low side, then there's the hard part of putting them together and making the gun work. I wouldn't be surprised if it came out half of that price, or double that price though, that's how much confidence I have in the guestimate.
Do you think after parts, time, and labor cost you could find a really over worked CEO who would spend say $25,000 to $60,000 on one?

What are the odds this works out in our favor, any other legal cases or events that are similar to this?

Old 06-08-2014, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Do you think after parts, time, and labor cost you could find a really over worked CEO who would spend say $25,000 to $60,000 on one?
Nope... the M134 has a very specific role, it's and area attack weapon at ranges of 500m-1km, it's specifically designed to give a 6 mrad dispersion pattern, which is fine if you can afford 1000-3000 rounds of 7.62 NATO, personally I'd take a mortar.

Quote:
What are the odds this works out in our favor, any other legal cases or events that are similar to this?
Odds hard to say, it depends on how serious BATFE are about it, they've screwed up before and let things slide past just by being less than interested, so that's possible. Equally possible is that the redefine what a person is to include non-corporate entities.

Problem with BATFE is that like many people they think they're smarter than they are. So they're a goldmine of ridiculous acts and statements.

Old 06-08-2014, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Nope... the M134 has a very specific role, it's and area attack weapon at ranges of 500m-1km, it's specifically designed to give a 6 mrad dispersion pattern, which is fine if you can afford 1000-3000 rounds of 7.62 NATO, personally I'd take a mortar.

Odds hard to say, it depends on how serious BATFE are about it, they've screwed up before and let things slide past just by being less than interested, so that's possible. Equally possible is that the redefine what a person is to include non-corporate entities.

Problem with BATFE is that like many people they think they're smarter than they are. So they're a goldmine of ridiculous acts and statements.
I mean could the BATFE redefine what a person is without congress?

I just wish they would sit down, shut up and take the $200 tax stamp and be happy...

Is that too much to ask?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies