Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2014, 01:29 PM

1,886 posts, read 2,226,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That's right. Instead of championing personal responsibility for actions, he's blaming the second amendment and law abiding citizens who have the right to carry for unstable people who go on murdering sprees. The aunt calls Obama to action. Will this stir up another gun control debate before the midterms?

UCSB shooting victim’s father: Blame NRA and “craven” politicians - Salon.com

At a press conference earlier today, a self-identified father of one of the victims in last night’s mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara, named his son, Chris Martinez, as one of the victims. In a heart-wrenching statement the father, Richard Martinez, expressed his profound sadness. His 20-year-old son was on his way to a market when he was killed.

“Why did Chris die?” Richard Martinez said at a press conference. “Chris died because of craven, irresponsible politicians and the NRA. They talk about gun rights, what about Chris’ right to live? When will this insanity stop?”

I feel for him, but he's going after the wrong people.
I agree about the irresponsible politicians as the country is riddled with em but the NRA rant, NO..

His son was killed by someone who snapped and most likely had all the signs of mental illness and his family
is to blame. Any astute parent would notice warning signs and get their son some help. They had the means
to get professional help but at first glance, just give em a BMW and maybe he will be alright..

I'll wait for some facts about the family to be released before commenting further.

Bottom line is another white dude goes ballistic! The cause of this needs to be addressed and studied. It's not the guns as we have had access to em since like forever..If anything they are harder to get now as anytime in our past...

Old 05-25-2014, 01:30 PM

14 posts, read 10,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What's to stop someone from coming on the scene and thinking you are a bad guy trying to shoot an innocent driver and he/she pulls out their gun and shoots you? It could go that way for a long time, no one really knowing who are the good guys and who is the bad guys.
What's to stop a bad guy from dressing in a police uniform pretending to be a cop? I guess that means we have to ban the police now.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hriosl View Post
So that means the gun only had a 27% mortality rate, whereas the knife had a 100% mortality rate. Looks like the knife is more deadly.
It just shows that it's easy to kill people when they are sleeping. RIP kids.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:34 PM

53 posts, read 131,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I am sure we all feel for him and his family, as well as the families of all the young people who lost their life, but when are people going to realize, many of these mass murders might not have to happen if people started putting the blame where it belongs? Like you, I wonder if people realize, taking guns away from people will create more, not less crime. Doesn't CA take pride in having very strict gun laws?

Isn't it time we put controls on knives, cars and maybe even poison? Oh and don't forget matches, someone might decide to set the entire neighborhood on fire sometime.
In reality the problem here as in other situations there was no one there with a GUN , when he fired the first shot. If more people were carrying guns these thing would stop fast , with less people getting killed . There can't be cops every where you need them. Some time we have to protect ourselves!.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:36 PM

122 posts, read 98,699 times
It looks to me like a psychotic case of, I get everything I want and cannot comprehend anything else.

Which means zero experience in not getting everything I want, no tools to work with anywhere in sight.

A total factory reject and no wonder he could not attract a girl with the BMW, connections with hollywood , basically average looks. A self absorbed mental case.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I can think of two off the top of my head:

Adam Lanza and Eric Harris.
Even so -- those two were also from affluent upper class backgrounds -- not rednecks.

It's actually pretty rare for a redneck type to do this kind of thing.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:40 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,096,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Just before you lost a person you love does not mean anyone should have to lose their rights and freedoms...

Its moronic and vindictive

Maybe if they were allowed to carry a firearm they could have stopped this piece of sub human filth and saved a few lives....
Yep, call the mourning father a vindictive moron. You stay classy!

Old 05-25-2014, 01:41 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Went to his Facebook.

Odd it had no security settings on it.
Suspicious.

Why is he duck facing in his pictures?
Do guys do that now?

Old 05-25-2014, 01:41 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Agreed.

Also to me Facebook and all this social media is a sign of how isolated people really are, not how connected they are.
+1 I totally agree. We reach out in cyberspace because we're lonely in our own space.

Old 05-25-2014, 01:43 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,870,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafster View Post
So you have no sympathy then for any body that was murdered here?

Wow.
Well, I have sympathy for you.

Course, you're not just any body, you're a live body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies