Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 05:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I'm sorry you think objective facts need an excuse. It is an objective fact that the NRA is the one blocking the badly need reforms which would keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people.
What percentage of mentally ill people commit crimes involving a gun? How does that compare to the population at large?

Old 05-27-2014, 05:24 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
I'm sorry you think objective facts need an excuse. It is an objective fact that the NRA is the one blocking the badly need reforms which would keep guns out of the hands of mentally ill people.
and you know this for a fact; do you also think keeping these guns out of the hands of some will stop them from getting a gun if they want one bad enough and how do you plan to control the mentally ill form stabbing people or finding other means of ending someone's life? BTW, let me add, we do not own guns, neither of us would even know what to do with one if we had one. So, we are not members of NRA, thus our opinions are not based on anything they may say or do.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:29 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Californian mass murderer victim's father blames NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
That's right. Instead of championing personal responsibility for actions, he's blaming the second amendment and law abiding citizens who have the right to carry for unstable people who go on murdering sprees. The aunt calls Obama to action. Will this stir up another gun control debate before the midterms?

UCSB shooting victim’s father: Blame NRA and “craven” politicians - Salon.com

At a press conference earlier today, a self-identified father of one of the victims in last night’s mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara, named his son, Chris Martinez, as one of the victims. In a heart-wrenching statement the father, Richard Martinez, expressed his profound sadness. His 20-year-old son was on his way to a market when he was killed.

“Why did Chris die?” Richard Martinez said at a press conference. “Chris died because of craven, irresponsible politicians and the NRA. They talk about gun rights, what about Chris’ right to live? When will this insanity stop?”

I feel for him, but he's going after the wrong people.

Like I keep saying, people see these mass murders more as a "gun problem" than a psycho killer problem.

Strange.

They don't see drunk driving as an automobile problem.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:01 AM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Do you have a source for this revelation ?
Quote:
No, he's right. The NRA is the one who is blocking the badly needed reforms. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Spoken like a true lobbyist with an agenda.
Quote:
Explain this to me then instead of deflecting:

The NRA wants an ‘active’ mental illness database. Thirty-eight states have that now.

NRA's LaPierre calls for more armed personnel after Navy Yard shooting - NBC News

Old 05-27-2014, 07:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
How 'bout them 2nd amend "truthers", huh?

Gun Activists Flaunting Assault Rifles Get Booted From Chili's and Sonic | Mother Jones

Old 05-27-2014, 07:13 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
That's right. Instead of championing personal responsibility for actions, he's blaming the second amendment and law abiding citizens who have the right to carry for unstable people who go on murdering sprees. The aunt calls Obama to action. Will this stir up another gun control debate before the midterms?

At a press conference earlier today, a self-identified father of one of the victims in last night’s mass shooting near the University of California, Santa Barbara, named his son, Chris Martinez, as one of the victims. In a heart-wrenching statement the father, Richard Martinez, expressed his profound sadness. His 20-year-old son was on his way to a market when he was killed.

“Why did Chris die?” Richard Martinez said at a press conference. “Chris died because of craven, irresponsible politicians and the NRA. They talk about gun rights, what about Chris’ right to live? When will this insanity stop?”

I blame the parents, who did not teach the kid respect for life and provide him with the self confidence to accept social rejection and move along in life.

When I was young and single, I thought I was working on a Guiness world record for being rejected by women. It actually became more funny than sad as the list grew and grew. If I thought like Chris Martinez, I would have been the biggest mass murderer in US history.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 AM

1,970 posts, read 1,761,554 times
Quote:

What about the people's right to live that his son shot? Whiner. Of course, he didn't bring up the fact that his deranged boy stabbed 3 people to start his day off. Want to outlaw knives now?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
You can't get a permit to buy in NJ, and you have to have one to make a purchase. That guy does a lot of out of state business.
Proof?

Old 05-27-2014, 07:23 AM

57,280 posts, read 26,206,502 times
From your first link

Quote:
Turns out, many states are ahead of him: 38 states require or authorize the use
of certain mental health records for use in a firearm background check, according to the Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence,
a San Francisco-based nonprofit that tracks state level gun legislation.
Your second link is more of the same, more guns is the answer.

So where has this NRA focus been in the 2 years since LaPierre's statement, ,looks lik ehi smessage has been lost.

Old 05-27-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapaport View Post
Watchya talking about? The gun nuts here would like to be able to buy fully automatic ak-47s and turn this country into another Afghanistan. Gun control works.
You can buy machine guns in Virginia. But it must be registered and you'll have to go through a lot of paperwork as well. Virginia also has a low crime rate as a state overall and is very pro-gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies