Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for an openly gay/lesbian President?
YES 52 61.18%
NO 33 38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 02:28 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,258,745 times

Advertisements

The question is whether one would vote for a homosexual president. Why do some rush to call someone a bigot the minute they express their opinion? This is a forum to exchange opinions correct?

Old 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,822,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorytampa View Post
Are people so short sighted that they can't see being gay is not ALL about sex? It's about who we love and share our life with. Being openly gay is not pushing our sex lives out of the bedroom.

That's like saying pregnant women shouldn't be seen in public. *GASP* That mom to be just pushed her sex life in my face! The position that being gay is "shoving our sex life" down your throat is either ignorance or veiled biggotry. Period.
I think the pregnant woman analogy needs some work there vic! By definition IT IS all about sex! Anyone who Identifies themselves or catagorizes themselves as "Gay" (the pc term for homosexual) is identifiying themselves by what kind of sexual they are!

Old 12-21-2007, 03:13 PM

384 posts, read 287,059 times
Really want a "Straight" President but then they are all crooked anyhow.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:15 PM

384 posts, read 287,059 times
Are people so short sighted that they can't see being gay is not ALL about sex?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh,errrr..I dont know what to say here but something about that statement is very wrong.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:23 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
I think the pregnant woman analogy needs some work there vic! By definition IT IS all about sex! Anyone who Identifies themselves or catagorizes themselves as "Gay" (the pc term for homosexual) is identifiying themselves by what kind of sexual they are!
Just as someone who identifies as heterosexual is telling the world that they like to have sex with the opposite sex.

And BTW, some gay people rarely or never have sex, just as the same is true for some straight people. Just saying.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveyjones View Post
Are people so short sighted that they can't see being gay is not ALL about sex?
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ahhh,errrr..I dont know what to say here but something about that statement is very wrong.
Yeah...it bothers me too because it sounds like the implication is that being gay is mostly about sex, though not all about sex. Of course I'm very conservative about sex, so I could be reading things into things. Whatever the case, I'm sure that's not what the poster meant.

Old 12-21-2007, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Just as someone who identifies as heterosexual is telling the world that they like to have sex with the opposite sex.

And BTW, some gay people rarely or never have sex, just as the same is true for some straight people. Just saying.
Yeah, who are those people? I dont see a lot of people out there spout off about being heterosexual, when was the last time you heard of a hetero coming out of the closet!

Old 12-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Yeah, who are those people? I dont see a lot of people out there spout off about being heterosexual, when was the last time you heard of a hetero coming out of the closet!
They don't have to because everyone assumes they are already. But they still flaunt their heterosexuality by parading their spouses or significant others around. I mean, if that's what you consider flaunting it.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
They don't have to because everyone assumes they are already. But they still flaunt their heterosexuality by parading their spouses or significant others around. I mean, if that's what you consider flaunting it.
Well i don't consider that flaunting, I consider that the norm, As beautiful as my wife is I really dont think I have ever "Paraded" her around in our 20 years , what does that mean? Look this notion that it is not about sex is just silly, I have male friends that I enjoy their company and companionship ,you could even say I love them, normal relationship between two men, no one would ever accuse us of being homosexual, WHY?? Because we dont have SEX with each other!!! This is going off topic and we will not reach a consensus, so I will agree to disagree!

Old 12-21-2007, 06:11 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1 View Post
Personally, I wouldn't care.
If Ron Paul came out tomorrow and said he was gay, I certainly wouldn't be changing my vote. With that said, I would be *strongly* disinclined to vote for a gay-centric sort of candidate, just like I'm equally disinclined to vote for afrocentric, womancentric, faith-centric or anything-centric candidates.

People who are dedicated to securing the levers of power to benefit their own particular caste are always dangerous sorts. We've seen in in action over the past few years.
I agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies