Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for an openly gay/lesbian President?
YES 52 61.18%
NO 33 38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 AM

626 posts, read 991,209 times

Advertisements

Sexual orientation is completely irrelevant. That said, most gays/lesbians aren't likely to share some of my values, so it's not likely that they would be a candidate I would support, regardless of their orientation.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Evidently not!! if someone is running as an open homosexual for President, they are bringing it out of the bedroom and asking us to help them put it in the Whitehouse!! Will never happen!
What do you think being "open" means? Forcing you to watch gay sex videos? If that's what you think, you're sorely mistaken. I would assume for this particular situation being openly gay would mean that a male president would have a first gentleman instead of a first lady. They wouldn't ever ask you to watch them have sex.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:56 AM

9,878 posts, read 10,792,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Well, everyone is then, obviously, bringing it out of the bedroom that they're heterosexual.

I mean, if the only way that we knew said candidate was homosexual was that their "partner" that they bring to all events was the same gender, it's not "bringing out of the bedroom".

The candidates who are married like to show off their "family" to garner support.
Yeah thats one thing that bugs me about Bush is how he is flaunting his heterosexuality all the time, always talking about his sex life.The OP said open homosexual, I took that to mean they have declared their homosexuality!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yeah thats one thing that bugs me about Bush is how he is flaunting his heterosexuality all the time, always talking about his sex life.The OP said open homosexual, I took that to mean they have declared their homosexuality!
What if George Bush's behavior was exactly the same, but instead of being married to Laura, he was married to Larry?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,357,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
What do you think being "open" means? Forcing you to watch gay sex videos? If that's what you think, you're sorely mistaken. I would assume for this particular situation being openly gay would mean that a male president would have a first gentleman instead of a first lady. They wouldn't ever ask you to watch them have sex.

Maybe they wouldn't...but how about the people they're representing, for the most part?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,357,443 times
Quote:
What if George Bush's behavior was exactly the same, but instead of being married to Laura, he was married to Larry?
You gotta be kidding. If he were married to Larry, he wouldn't be close to the person he is today. Common sense, Aqualung, come on.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
You gotta be kidding. If he were married to Larry, he wouldn't be close to the person he is today. Common sense, Aqualung, come on.
This response exposes your bias.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Maybe they wouldn't...but how about the people they're representing, for the most part?
When someone is elected president, he/she represents all Americans.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:45 AM

9,878 posts, read 10,792,086 times
Quote:
Depends on which Larry, Larry Craig, or Larry the cable guy? Either way his behavior wouldnt be exactly the same now would it, besides I think that would get out during the campaign, hence openly homosexual!

Git er done!!!

Old 12-13-2007, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Depends on which Larry, Larry Craig, or Larry the cable guy? Either way his behavior wouldnt be exactly the same now would it, besides I think that would get out during the campaign, hence openly homosexual!

Git er done!!!
Exactly the type of response I expected. You won't answer seriously.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies