Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 10:44 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Perhaps they just want to keep more of the money they earn and also have it go further.

Sounds like you would have them whipped for thinking such a thing.

What happened to the cry of, "They just want a better life for themselves!".
Only fits the agenda when convenient I gather.
I'll try it one more time:

Each individual is personally responsible for their own lives: talents, education, morals, values, family size, dwelling arrangement, etc. must be considered.

When you decide to move somewhere/remain somewhere you must look at which locales best suit you for what you want in life.

Since we are all big boys and big girls there are a few things to keep in mind after you've made your decision.

1. The actions of government as well as private businesses will never and I mean never be made to benefit you. Monitor their actions as you proceed with your life. Re-examine/re-evaluate your situation on a regular basis to determine if changes must be made to maintain the lifestyle you want.

2. Now, as life progresses one of two situations will come about:

A. The location you've chosen to live has worked out well for your situation. The actions of the government/private sector have not negatively impacted your lifestyle. This of course is important provided you like where you live and would like to continue to live there.

B. As your life moves on thru your self-examination (cuz remember we are big boys and big girls) you discover developments beyond your control (which would be the actions of the government and private sector not to mention pretty much anyone not named you) are adversely impacting the quality of your life. At this point you must decide if you would like to remain where you are or do another life evaluation to see if you are more compatiable with another locale.

So yes, I'm fine with moving if in a reasonable time after your decision to call a place home you realize you aren't able to get what you want out of life in that locale without making changes to your life approach.

Here is where my tirade begins:

If you choose to stay where you are after x amount of time because you like it but realize the external factors (govt, private sector, anyone not named you) are creating hostile conditions for you to achieve the lifestyle you desire...

YOU MUST ADAPT TO THE CHANGING EXTERNAL FACTORS.

Sitting on your lazy, pathetic, bitter, unmotivated butt and complaining about how the place you chose to live has changed for the worse (in terms of your outlook) for 20,30,40 years is the dumbest thing I have ever heard of.

Because in essence you are saying "I believed in the government. I believed in the private sector. I didn't think it could happen to me."

This scenario has occured in California on a large scale. Go look over in that forum.

People wanted to stay but didn't want to adapt. The key here is this process went on for 30, 40, 50, and even 60 years. Sure, I could buy someone trying to stick out negative outside impacts for a bit hoping things would turn for them.

Not these folks. They literally wasted their whole lives or a good portion anyway never personally adapting but just complaining.

It's really quite amazing. I mean, after 25 years of your lifestyle being negatively impacted by the trends in government/private sector did you honestly think just sitting there with your thumb up your behind complaining was going to change the way government/private sector acted?

And 99.9% of these folks are mainstream cons which cracks me up. The folks who preach "personal responsibility" were outsmarted by the U.S. government for decades.

Simply astounding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2014, 10:58 PM

23,224 posts, read 29,066,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I'm still shocked that so many left California and moved to Texas.
Two politically extreme states yet they came and came and came and are still coming !
My friend in Austin, TX says it's getting old, hearing from transplanted Californians: Oh! These high property taxes! Oh! These high property taxes!

44 of the Forbes 400 billionaires still live in California, and when they move to Texas................

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
People only move to places like Tennessee cause they have to or they are from there.
And some people say that about Oregon........

Old 05-28-2014, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
False. Public parks, free events, school systems for children, sanitation / emergency services, etc.
False. Every state has parks, free events, school systems, sanitation and emergency services. The services that CA provides at a higher level than many other states are welfare and pensions. Rich people are not moving to CA for state provided services. It's the lower class that benefits from CA state services.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
That is simply false. California has more wealthy celebrities than Texas and Florida. Tiger Woods is one example.
Try reading my post again. I didn't say CA had less wealthy celebrities than TX or FL.

Quote:
Why aren't people from New York moving to Tennessee then?
Lots of people are moving from high tax states to TN. $1.2 billion came from CA. Here is the IRS data;

IRS Tax Migration | How Money Walks | How $2 Trillion Moved between the States - A Book By Travis H. Brown

Old 05-28-2014, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
When you make a statement like that it sounds just as superior as when I say why the hell would anyone live in New York. Some people prefer places like Tennessee.
Exactly. Millions of us wouldn't move to NY even if you put a gun to our head.

I don't necessarily like TN, but I would choose it over NY in a heartbeat.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
I just don't see the wealthy giving up their estates in Malibu or their wineries in Napa to move to Dog Crap Flats, MS. We know this is true because it has never god damned happened. The wealthy move to highly desirable areas which offer amenities which you just can't find in Cow Plop, OK.

Yes, but the wealthy keep their seasonal house in Dog Crap CA or Cow Plop NY and move their residence to another state. It happens quite often.

Old 05-28-2014, 06:52 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,748,463 times
i think this map just shows how retirees are moving south and taking their wealth with them.

taxes certainly play a role, but there are other factors at work here

Old 05-28-2014, 07:01 AM

2,523 posts, read 2,204,855 times
Are they gaining more disposable income?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:04 AM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
The nj legislature keeps denying that this is true.
That would be the Democrat controlled legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies