Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2014, 08:32 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,637 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
Yep, the GOP has no need to give away 13% of the electorate because they steamroll every race fair and square

When you question someone's source, you are to provide counter evidence. We don't engage in these kind of debates. "prove to me X. Prove to me your evidence of X. Prove your evidence for your evidence of X."
Psychology Today offered no statistics to back up the article. I had hoped that you might have something else. I didn't feel the need to prove myself as I am not claiming that liberals or conservatives are more intelligent as a group. There are people, ignorant people, who base intelligence on race. I am surprised that you are willing to ascribe intelligence to a political party.

Old 05-27-2014, 09:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:
Sure, I can provide evidence of the psychology, but that doesn't mean you will believe it
Ah yes, what a great thread for you to use a piece from Satoshi Kanazawa as evidence since he also released a report explaining how black women are less attractive than women of other races. You picked a great one this time.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:04 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You yourself listed the difference as slightly more than 1.18 percentage points apart.

Meanwhile, of those with no high school diploma, 64% vote for Democrats and 35% vote for republicans. That's a whopping 29 percentage point difference.

Im guessing you misread my post because i said Democrats get the majority of votes from BOTH Demographics.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
In sheer numbers...the least educated of this country flock to Obama and democrats. Fact.
again, your point ?

Old 05-27-2014, 11:12 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Originally Posted by shadowne
In sheer numbers...the least educated of this country flock to Obama and democrats. Fact.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
again, your point ?
Really? You're the one who is claiming to be non-partisan, right?

Please post how liberals, and especially progressives, are the educated group.

The meme is that stupid uneducated hand me a check people are the educated ones. It's daffy as hell!

I wanted to be me a enjineer, soz I went to skool, and now I iz one!

Faux intelligence is still stupid on display!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
I don't see how your arguments are intertwined to be honest.

But here, up north, in NYC, social,economic and academic segregation is obvious at a glance. It's primarily how Bill Deblasio was one of the defining talking points that attracted black and hispanic voters to come out and further push him into office up here. And this is an unquestionably blue city in regards to social liberalism vs social conservatism.

I agree in regards to OOW pregnancies if that statistic were to exist in a vacuum. While we may not know whether or not more couples are simply shacking rather than taking a walk down the isle...we do have further statistics about how many incomes are contributing to a household, and how many children there are in each household with different fathers...or how further observation of this data substantiates the reports of the behavioral problems that lead to higher drop out/incarceration rates of the kids raised in these households.
They are intertwined because your original post said.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
The most drastic contrast between income "inequality", gentrification, and social segregation are between blacks and whites in blue states..And yes, this has everything to do with Democratic Rule, even those blacks who reside in Red states overwhelmingly support Democratic contenders on the left end of the isle.
The Majority of African Americans live in red or purple states that are controlled by Republicans, not Democrats. So even if black people vote 100% for Democrats, republicans still rule their area.

If you were trying to say that the minority of black people in blue states are worse off than the majority of black people in red and purple states, then i offer up my previous post.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Really? You're the one who is claiming to be non-partisan, right?

Please post how liberals, and especially progressives, are the educated group.

The meme is that stupid uneducated hand me a check people are the educated ones. It's daffy as hell!

I wanted to be me a enjineer, soz I went to skool, and now I iz one!

Faux intelligence is still stupid on display!
1. I never claimed to be non partisan, I simply said i wasnt a flame thrower. If you have an example of my tossing insults(which you have claimed before and never proven), please present them

2. Im a Liberal, not a progressive.

3. I didnt post a meme, so i have no clue what you are talking about.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:38 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,301 times
Quote:
Because black people are a common scapegoat for failed conservative policies.
Is that so? A common scapegoat for failed policies? Okay, name 3.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:41 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,746,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But your argument would be that having a passion for one of the liberal arts makes you liberal, nothing you described is about liberalism.

Mathematicians are technically liberal arts, so are philosophy majors and even some economics degrees fall under that umbrella.

What does complaining about not being able to find a high paying job have to do with liberalism ?
Agreed. Just like a blue collar, white guy in the SE who has a passion for Nascar isn't Conservative.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Agreed. Just like a blue collar, white guy in the SE who has a passion for Nascar isn't Conservative.
There are some who indeed who arent conservative. Heck, i watch NASCAR and im a black Liberal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies