Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
To me, black liberalism means religious and homophobic. Black liberals have a lot more in common with the common conservative than most people think.
Then why do they continue to vote for Democrats who educationally and therefore socioeconomically oppress them, keeping far too many of them dumb and poor?

Brainwashing? Are they too susceptible to believing Democrats' manipulation and lies about Republicans being racist (they're not, Boehner revived Washington, D.C.'s opportunity vouchers after Obama and the Democrats eliminated them)?
Boehner set to revive DC school voucher program Democrats eliminated « The Greenroom

Failure to really consider the issues and their consequences? 2/3 of Black adults support vouchers, but they continue to vote for Democrats who adamantly oppose them.

Exactly what the heck is going on? How can any race/ethnicity so overwhelmingly continue to vote against their own best interest?

Old 05-28-2014, 07:55 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I have to post this because I am sick and tired of people misunderstanding what it means to be black and be liberal. Let's go over a few things:

1) Black conservatives - I don't hold any more animosity towards Black conservatives vs. White conservatives. The fact that black conservatives are viewed as pariah's in the black community is actually embarrassing. Black people hold more conservative views than any other ethnic group.

2) Black "Democrats" - Most black folks I know are loyal Democrats because the Republican Party is just so out of touch with the Black community economically. If Republicans knew how many black folks hold conservative views and could articulate that, it would be a win for them. Black folks are very authoritarian by culture. Stephen A. Smith said it best - "if I go into the black community and ask... what would you rather have... universal health care and welfare or cash in your pocket, which one would you pick? Everyone would choose the latter."

3) Racialization - Pandering to the Tea Party wing of racists turns off black people to the tune of voting against the GOP. Branding any sensitivity towards blatantly racial incidents as "race baiting" also is a turn off.

With that being said, black liberals such as myself get overlooked. A good example is Rand Paul's visit to Howard University in which he called the Republican Party the party of emancipation. Rand was subsequently laughed out by the student body, because they knew far more about the history of the Republican Party than he did. He was shocked, expecting them to fall for his typical rhetoric of less regulation and taxes. (One such student said the role of government is to be a positive force of change, so why would he want less of it?)

I am a liberal. My race is irrelevant. I find the Republican party to be a bad joke, but I also find much of the black community to be politically ignorant and hypocritical. However, education leads to liberalism. The next time you see an educated Black Democrat, don't dismiss him / her as being a "blind" voter. You might just get schooled.
Your post is steeped in ignorance and loaded with mythical straw men, and cartoonish stereotypes and propaganda of Republicans and Conservatives, created by democratic party campaign strategists.

You are correct of course, your race is irrelevant, when it comes to whether or not you are a liberal, and this entire thread is silly.

The TEA party movement has nothing to do with racism, and racism has nothing to do with the movement. The label of 'racism' is being used by people and it's being applied to everything and anyone that they either disagree with, or are in competition with. It amazes me how gullible the people are who fall for the misapplication of the label 'racist,' and it illustrates that no matter how much education these gullible people claim to have, they are still simple minded and easily manipulated.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:58 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,401,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosie_hair View Post
To me, black liberalism means religious and homophobic. Black liberals have a lot more in common with the common conservative than most people think.
You would be wrong. Did you even read the OP?

I am black. I am an agnostic atheist and a left-libertarian. Most black people are quite conservative, yes. That was basically my point. A black person voting Democrat is not necessarily a liberal. Black liberals get lumped in with Black conservatives because both groups will vote Democrat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BXboi View Post
I think in general when it comes to Black people politically a lot of white(conservatives mainly but also liberals and others) get blacks wrong from there motivations on down. And often times make ignorant blanket statements black conservatives are not immune from this either they cry foul when called out of name but have no problem doing the same no mention of statements they make about black democrats such as being on the plantation among other outrageous things.
White people (especially those on the right) usually don't take the time to understand anything about the Black community. They tend to point fingers rather than take in interest in the problem and solutions.

Old 05-28-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Your post is steeped in ignorance and loaded with mythical straw men, and cartoonish stereotypes and propaganda of Republicans and Conservatives, created by democratic party campaign strategists.

You are correct of course, your race is irrelevant, when it comes to whether or not you are a liberal, and this entire thread is silly.

The TEA party movement has nothing to do with racism, and racism has nothing to do with the movement. The label of 'racism' is being used by people and it's being applied to everything and anyone that they either disagree with, or are in competition with. It amazes me how gullible the people are who fall for the misapplication of the label 'racist,' and it illustrates that no matter how much education these gullible people claim to have, they are still simple minded and easily manipulated.
What is the river in Africa called

The Tea Party isn't racist? hahahaha. Still asking for Obama's birth certificate, eh?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:00 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
You would be wrong. Did you even read the OP?

I am black. I am an agnostic atheist and a left-libertarian. Most black people are quite conservative, yes. That was basically my point. A black person voting Democrat is not necessarily a liberal.
So, you're saying they DELIBERATELY vote for the party that fully intends to educationally and therefore socioeconomically oppress their own race?

WHY?!?!?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:03 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
What is the river in Africa called

The Tea Party isn't racist? hahahaha. Still asking for Obama's birth certificate, eh?
Did you know Hillary was the first to question the birth certificate???

It was never a Tea Party issue.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:05 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,460,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Then why do they continue to vote for Democrats who educationally and therefore socioeconomically oppress them, keeping far too many of them dumb and poor?

Brainwashing? Are they too susceptible to believing Democrats' manipulation and lies about Republicans being racist (they're not, Boehner revived Washington, D.C.'s opportunity vouchers after Obama and the Democrats eliminated them)?
Boehner set to revive DC school voucher program Democrats eliminated « The Greenroom

Failure to really consider the issues and their consequences? 2/3 of Black adults support vouchers, but they continue to vote for Democrats who adamantly oppose them.

Exactly what the heck is going on? How can any race/ethnicity so overwhelmingly continue to vote against their own best interest?
Because they are uninformed, like the person you responded to. They vote based on what they're told. The Democrat tells them that it is Republicans' fault that they have problems. So they vote for the Democrat. Then when the Democrat fails to do anything about it, the next election comes around and the Democrat tells them that the Republicans stopped him from helping them and he needs their vote again to continue to help them. And they buy it. You can see that on this very forum. It does not matter to the liberals on this forum how many times Obama gets caught telling blatant lies, each and every time Obama tells them it's a phony scandal they believe him.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:15 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:

It's freedom, that is what splits the current Democratic Party from conservative Republicans. Giving people the freedom to choose their own path, to be motivated by their own self determination for what is in their own best interest - that is what challenges the stranglehold the Democratic Party holds over people.

The democratic politicians want to be the sole arbiters over what goes on in our schools, they want to lord over us with funding dollars, and control what we teach, and what we do in our own schools. If their voters received vouchers, and were suddenly free to choose their own privately run schools, then there is no need of the meddling in their schools by democratic party politicians, and a major piece of their power hold over the people is weakened.

Conservatives offer freedom of choice, while protecting our rights and freedoms, while liberal democrats offer bureaucratic control, by eliminating our freedoms and limiting our rights.

Old 05-28-2014, 08:19 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,575,397 times
Quote:
Because they are uninformed, that's why.

What do you have to worry about anyway? Black people only make up 13% of the total population. Whites make up 77%. You make it sound like the black vote means everything.

Quote:
Speaking of Boehner...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ixHrLegkmM

Quote:
Well, I think this question is related to the one that asks why black students continue to drop out so much more than other students?

Old 05-28-2014, 08:20 AM

Quote:
So, you're saying they DELIBERATELY vote for the party that fully intends to educationally and therefore socioeconomically oppress their own race?

WHY?!?!?
You have no evidence to prove such. In fact, Democratic led states have higher rates of graduation in both college and high school, and higher rates of social mobility than Republican led states. Facts are facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Did you know Hillary was the first to question the birth certificate???

It was never a Tea Party issue.
Did you deflect again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies