Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2014, 11:46 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,603,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, none of that is my issue. I'm not a conservative. I'm independent. I don't give into party lines. That being said, I understand why many Blacks continue to support Democrats. It isn't that they view Obama as "their savior". It has more to do with fear of Republicans. I voted for President Obama because I was scared of John McCain's running mate. I had to consider "what if McCain gets sick and dies in office"? I don't want Palin running this country.
Fear of Republicans? Of course they do....as Joe Biden wants you to believe "they put you back in chains". Obviously fear mongering works for Democrats.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:49 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,365,276 times
Quote:
Well, none of that is my issue. I'm not a conservative. I'm independent. I don't give into party lines. That being said, I understand why many Blacks continue to support Democrats. It isn't that they view Obama as "their savior". It has more to do with fear of Republicans. I voted for President Obama because I was scared of John McCain's running mate. I had to consider "what if McCain gets sick and dies in office"? I don't want Palin running this country.
Same with me, lesser of two evils. Wasn't crazy about McCain either but Palin scared the hell out of me.
Doesn't leave me too fond of the Republican party either for backing someone like her either.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM

88,622 posts, read 44,381,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
I have to post this because I am sick and tired of people misunderstanding what it means to be black and be liberal.
It means you vote against your own best interest.
Quote:
"Pro-voucher voters among racial minorities overwhelmingly support Barack Obama, but they are baffled by the Democratic nominee's opposition to vouchers. They also say they are frustrated that Democratic leaders appear to be more concerned about keeping the peace with teachers unions -- which adamantly oppose vouchers -- than about finding alternatives that could advance desperately needed education reforms for minority students.

...Public opinion polls also show solid support for school vouchers among minority parents. Sixty-five percent of adult African-Americans and 63 percent of adult Hispanics favor the use of vouchers, according to a national survey conducted earlier this year under the auspices of the journal Education Next and the Program on Education Policy and Governance at Harvard University. In the survey, more than half of minority adults gave higher marks to their local police than their public schools.

"There is no doubt that on this issue, ...Obama has it wrong," Martin wrote."
Education Reform - Obama Questioned On Vouchers

Obama, Dems wrong to kill school vouchers - CNN.com

But, hey... keep voting for Democrats and their forced educational and therefore socioeconomic oppression of minorities and their children. Just don't expect anything to get better.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:50 AM

5,716 posts, read 3,225,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And your beef with Republicans op is you say republicans can't deliver a message to the black community? Democrats pander... Republicans don't sugar coat life 101 and the truth hurts. Democrats tell you what you want to hear but don't deliver.

Liberals ... book smart, common sense dumb

yeah that sums it up!

Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM

72,831 posts, read 62,202,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
And your beef with Republicans op is you say republicans can't deliver a message to the black community? Democrats pander... Republicans don't sugar coat life 101 and the truth hurts. Democrats tell you what you want to hear but don't deliver.

Liberals ... book smart, common sense dumb
And there aren't Republicans telling their constituents what they want to hear?

Democrats and Republicans are doing the same thing. Just with different constituents. Like I said before. I hear so many people complain about Blacks voting for Democrats, as if it's their own problem. However, not one has come up with a good reason for Blacks to embrace Republicans. Not one. Politicians tell their voters what they want to hear, or whatever they think will give them votes. So far, I haven't seen Republicans do that for Blacks.

Maybe if Republicans want Black votes, they should focus on things they have in common with the Black population, rather than say things that puts a wide gulf between them and themselves. If one is so concerned about why Blacks are voting for Democrats, read this: http://thedcpundit.com/why-are-afric...ng-republican/
http://www.michaelfauntroy.com/site/...should_do_now/

Old 05-27-2014, 11:51 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,984,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The Majority of black people in this nation live in red states. This has nothing to do with Democratic rule. Also never mind the fact that there are more white kids born out of wedlock than black if you used your statistic, and the fact that the word wedlock simply means not married. My great grand parents lived together for 50 years and never got married.
The most drastic contrast between income "inequality", gentrification, and social segregation are between blacks and whites in blue states. And yes, this has everything to do with Democratic Rule, even those blacks who reside in Red states overwhelmingly support Democratic contenders on the left end of the isle. And I have no idea of what you're talking about in regards to OOW births and pregnancies--it's an argument that you simply cannot win when it comes to comparing and contrasting the end result and after effects of their respective communities. And BTW, my great great grand parents WERE married, as were their children, my grand parents and my very own parents. Your great grand parents were in the "minority" in black families back then. Prior to the mid--1960s, black marriage rates were relatively similar to those of white families, and even in some cases HIGHER depending on where the community was located.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,603,726 times
Quote:
Blacks voted for President Obama for the same reason Blacks have supported White Democrats. Democrats. The percentage of Blacks who voted for him because he was Black was a small percentage. And there are White voters who voted against Obama because they don't want to see a Black man become President. In fact, some persons in West Virginia admitted this.
Blacks who voted for Obama because he is black is a small percentage? That's as bad as the girl who voted for him because... hum duh! I don't know, and the other girl who voted for him because she thought he was cute. And people fought for that kind of stupidity?

Old 05-27-2014, 11:55 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,471,055 times
Quote:
Black voter commitment to black candidates was shown in the 2008 Hillary vs Obama primaries.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:56 AM

6,453 posts, read 6,984,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
What is racist about saying republicans don't sugar coat life?
I'm not so sure it's even about that, but more so that the Democrats have a monopoly on creating and/or addressing what they perceive to be a "racial problem" in America. Generally, every problem swirling around in political headlines has a racial angle to it in the minds of black democrats. It's almost impossible to have any discussion (Economics, education, crime etc) amongst AAs without making "race" (i.e they're out to get us...) the lingering scapegoat.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:57 AM

5,716 posts, read 3,225,637 times
I think they are stupid for voting democrat.
The black community is in shambles since the "great society" experiment of Lyndon johnson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Oh, we all know what these things mean. The more racists pretend their little code phrases aren't intended to be racist, the more sure we are that they're racists.

And more to the point, blacks find these comments racist. Then the cons here turn around and say blacks don't vote for conservatives because they're stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies