Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 04:44 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,437,138 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
leaving

ever heard of

never let the facts get in the way of a good story

you took a mug to work as you don't like to look at his face , why do you stare at mugs at home and never look at your mug when having a drink at work, or was it to show your co workers really your new mug?

I'm certainly no bush fan but have to say this

By the way.... mug means face, as in his face on the calendar I was given - not a mug you drink out of.

of course some will hate him in MD and guess what some will like him in MD as every where around america

leaving

that is the massachusetts media and the radical left. They like to shout the slogans yet have no idea about them.

They've heard the same lines for many a time now as above proves they actually think they are true sadly.

someone said that bush has the low numbers yes and there's another president if you know your history who had the same yet is now regarded as a good president and no there were other presidents before clinton so I don't mean him.

also ratings well congress is the lowest in the history or doesn't that apply

yes katzen
very good talking points coming out there , wonder where I have heard all that before
, did you forget about the many what died in serbia, kosovo, afghanistan, iraq, mogadishu, sudan or don't those lives count and was you just as outraged when those people died, like a train crossing a bridge which gets blown up and then have it tried to be covered up , incidently that train had hundreds of people on. in serbia

he would attack iran if he had more support, wow are you privvy to the secret talks at the pentagon or are you just assuming?
You know what assumption did don't you?

I'm not from america Katzen so I'm not going to blinkered by who is the president to make selective outrage.

as for america being bankrupt, er what??? If america is bankrupt then I would mind be just as bankrupt then

vunrable to terrorist attacks, did you forget the world trade centre in 93, uss cole, khobar towers, the embassies the failed new year bombing etc etc

so many holes in your talking points I think I'll just leave it

Whatever you say. You certainly do come across as a Bush fan and you are entitled to your opinions...
did I say I don't mind the people that died in all those other places??? Nice try putting words into my mouth.

My point was that the US is more hated now than at any other time in history. I don't think that is a good thing.

And if you think the financial situation of the US is anything other than dire... I'd like to live on the same planet you are living on.
We are BROKE. For each person living in the US there is a $30.000 debt, if that is not broke, then I don't know what is... maybe you can enlighten us?

PS, mug means face in this case, as in his mug on the calendar, NOT a mug you would drink out of....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 04:51 PM

32 posts, read 114,035 times
hmmm..my question, and with much innocent curiousity--is if you believe that the proposed democrat who will take Bush's place will get us out of Iraq within the year? I am VERY close to someone who has spent three of the past five years there..possibly to return again. Also, in watching the debates on both sides, the economy and global warming have stepped into the front seat in front of this war...is it because the casualty rate has gone down? Lack of a better plan of action? what?

Old 12-13-2007, 04:58 PM

450 posts, read 557,888 times
packed and ready
nail on the head
thanks for the service I too have been there and still have friends there, I wish the media would report what is actually really happening all the time instead of nit picking what they want the gullible public to view
as for those debates, what a joke never would I have thought anyone could have done worse than CNN's last two

katzen
got you a mug is also a cup from where I come from but
why would you take a picture of bush into work if you don't want to look at it wouldn't you just throw it out?

we;re broke
30,000 debt to whom to what?

the american economy is one of the strongest in the world as I'm sure you know right?
I'd gladly be like the american economy if you call it broke
now
words into mouth, I would suggest you reading again as you have jumped to conclusions no need to look I have put it back up what I said
here there you go , you will see this is a question

don't those lives count and was you just as outraged when those people died

america is hated, well I'm from England and you said that my country is not as fuzzy as it used to be , well to let you know first hand there are some who have never liked america even during clintons years especially when he too was ordering the military to kill people around the world , then there are some which like america and there are many what love america.
There's no difference don't be fooled into what the media show you on a demonsration as they happen around the world at all times , it all depends when the media wants to report it

glad the mug confusion is cleared up though, mug not a cup

Old 12-13-2007, 05:01 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,189,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post

My point was that the US is more hated now than at any other time in history. I don't think that is a good thing.

And if you think the financial situation of the US is anything other than dire... I'd like to live on the same planet you are living on.
A few really incorrect assumptions and deductions. First, if the US is so "hated" why do millions want to come here both legally and illegally? Even if your assumption that the US is "hated" is correct, so what? I don't care if people who want to harm us hate us. You're missing the point and make the same false assumption that many on the left make. You incorrectly assume that the attacks that we've suffered since the 1980's are all our fault. Is your opinion that if only we were nicer to the terrorists and listened to their "side of the story" that we'd be "liked" and they wouldn't hate us?

As for the financial situation being "dire", that just shows a fundemental lack of knowledge and understanding of economics on your part. Yes, the housing market is down, mostly due to morons taking loans they couldn't afford with terms that they should have never agreed to in the first place. Assuming your home will always appreciate is pretty stupid, and you deserve to be foreclosed on if you took ARM when rates were at 5%. Where did these people think rates were going? Having said that, interest rates are still relatively low and inflation is in check, despite significant increases in energy prices. Incomes are up, and unemployment is still relatively low. Yes, the government (both Dems and GOP) are spending like drunken sailors, but no one wants to give up their pet pork project, and they all lack a set of gonads to do what has to be done. This problem has existed since FDR and the new deal in the 1930s. We are not even close to "dire".

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Such hatred... I ask you all this: what single president of the USA has ever pleased everyone all the time. Ill spare you the chore of looking it up (as Im sure some numbnuts will actually attempt to do so)! The answer? NONE.

If you dont like the man, vote him out, simple as that. I hated Clinton with a royal, unadulterated passion, but I didnt rush out and protest (literally) every screw up he made nor purchase anti-Clinton bumper stickers and shirts. I have better things to spend my time/money on than whining about something youll just have to wait out anyways. Since youre all so gung-ho about the Democratic party and the jackass that symbolizes the party I suggest changing the state name to Assachusetts.

1,810 posts, read 10,486,157 times
Only in America... can we plan to have the world support us; finance our war.

Remember years ago, we bought everything from Japan. We had great deficit. Japan bought lots of US notes. With those notes, Japanese came to US to buy real estate. They lost their shirt in a few years.

Right now, we have similar situation. We bought everything from the China and Europe. They hold so much US notes. Not sure what they plan to do with those notes. Most likely, they will buy stuff in US. Again, they'll loose their shirts in a few years.

I wonder if Bush planned this. genius

Old 12-13-2007, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packedandready View Post
hmmm..my question, and with much innocent curiousity--is if you believe that the proposed democrat who will take Bush's place will get us out of Iraq within the year? I am VERY close to someone who has spent three of the past five years there..possibly to return again. Also, in watching the debates on both sides, the economy and global warming have stepped into the front seat in front of this war...is it because the casualty rate has gone down? Lack of a better plan of action? what?

Bush got us into Iraq, can't expect a miracle now...can we? I am not too keen on most of the democratic candidates... I like Kucinich, he was anti-Iraq invasion from the start. I believe he is the only one that would get us out, possibly Mike Gravel, too.

What does the person that you are close to think of all this? I'd be interested to know from someone who has first hand experience over there.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by remember-voltaire View Post
packed and ready
nail on the head
thanks for the service I too have been there and still have friends there, I wish the media would report what is actually really happening all the time instead of nit picking what they want the gullible public to view
as for those debates, what a joke never would I have thought anyone could have done worse than CNN's last two

katzen
got you a mug is also a cup from where I come from but
why would you take a picture of bush into work if you don't want to look at it wouldn't you just throw it out?

we;re broke
30,000 debt to whom to what?

the american economy is one of the strongest in the world as I'm sure you know right?
I'd gladly be like the american economy if you call it broke
now
words into mouth, I would suggest you reading again as you have jumped to conclusions no need to look I have put it back up what I said
here there you go , you will see this is a question

don't those lives count and was you just as outraged when those people died

america is hated, well I'm from England and you said that my country is not as fuzzy as it used to be , well to let you know first hand there are some who have never liked america even during clintons years especially when he too was ordering the military to kill people around the world , then there are some which like america and there are many what love america.
There's no difference don't be fooled into what the media show you on a demonsration as they happen around the world at all times , it all depends when the media wants to report it

glad the mug confusion is cleared up though, mug not a cup

Look it up.
It was in the news this week or last. Currently there is $30.000 worth of debt for every person in this country. And it is only going up, each day, each week, each month. Iraq was a huge mistake that we will all pay for for a loooong time.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econom...-03-debt_N.htm
sounds good, doesn't it?

The US $ is losing value and oil prices are going up. The housing market is tanking and things will only get worse. But if you want to believe that everything will be just fine and dandy - be my guest. We can talk again 5 years from now and see where we are at. So you are from England - huh? I have several friends in England and they used to have a favorable opinion of the US, not anymore. Bush has made the US the laughing stock of the world. Check out the news about the Climate conference, LOL!

The fact remains that the US has lost a lot of support in countries that used to support it. The opinion has shifted from favorable to unfavorable. That can't be a good thing.

So you are concerned why I brought my calendar to the office? So that others could have a good laugh and then we promptly put it away - no one else wanted to look at him there either, I guess.

Old 12-13-2007, 06:56 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,648,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
A few really incorrect assumptions and deductions. First, if the US is so "hated" why do millions want to come here both legally and illegally? Even if your assumption that the US is "hated" is correct, so what? I don't care if people who want to harm us hate us. You're missing the point and make the same false assumption that many on the left make. You incorrectly assume that the attacks that we've suffered since the 1980's are all our fault. Is your opinion that if only we were nicer to the terrorists and listened to their "side of the story" that we'd be "liked" and they wouldn't hate us?

As for the financial situation being "dire", that just shows a fundemental lack of knowledge and understanding of economics on your part. Yes, the housing market is down, mostly due to morons taking loans they couldn't afford with terms that they should have never agreed to in the first place. Assuming your home will always appreciate is pretty stupid, and you deserve to be foreclosed on if you took ARM when rates were at 5%. Where did these people think rates were going? Having said that, interest rates are still relatively low and inflation is in check, despite significant increases in energy prices. Incomes are up, and unemployment is still relatively low. Yes, the government (both Dems and GOP) are spending like drunken sailors, but no one wants to give up their pet pork project, and they all lack a set of gonads to do what has to be done. This problem has existed since FDR and the new deal in the 1930s. We are not even close to "dire".
Well said.

Katzenfreund...Your using the whole "sky is falling" reasoning. Anytime politicians want to get something passed they simply "scare" the american public. The media does the same thing. We get 2 inches of snow here and you'd think on the news we are having the blizzard of 78'.

I personally don't care what the rest of the world thinks of the U.S. Most of it is jealousy. Granted I don't want the U.S. policing the world, but the U.S. helps out almost everyone. We are the most generous nation by far. I really think when countries complain about the U.S. we should just stop helping them. Remember Slobodan Milosevic and Serbia: France was worried about him so the U.S. went in there and risked our young men's lives. The UN sure wasn't going to do anything, that organization is a joke and doesn't live up to what it was intended to do.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
Well said.

Katzenfreund...Your using the whole "sky is falling" reasoning. Anytime politicians want to get something passed they simply "scare" the american public. The media does the same thing. We get 2 inches of snow here and you'd think on the news we are having the blizzard of 78'.

I personally don't care what the rest of the world thinks of the U.S. Most of it is jealousy. Granted I don't want the U.S. policing the world, but the U.S. helps out almost everyone. We are the most generous nation by far. I really think when countries complain about the U.S. we should just stop helping them. Remember Slobodan Milosevic and Serbia: France was worried about him so the U.S. went in there and risked our young men's lives. The UN sure wasn't going to do anything, that organization is a joke and doesn't live up to what it was intended to do.
I hope you don't care what the rest of the world thinks of the US next time they ask for help in financing the "war on terror". Because if it will be only the US paying for that, be prepared to pay a lot more. No one is Europe is "jealous" of the US. The falling $$$$ and the federal deficit etc. is hardly worth being jealous about, is it?

Bush is a disgrace to this country and the worst president I have seen. Nothing will change my opinion on that.

http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view/14282
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view...elow_40_in_us/
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view...resident_bush/
http://www.angus-reid.com/polls/view...world_affairs/

Last edited by katzenfreund; 12-13-2007 at 08:16 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies