U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:43 AM
 
Location: Greensboro
627 posts, read 1,908,150 times
Reputation: 433

Advertisements

Open Carry Texas have conducted provocative demonstrations in which armed men exercise their right under state law to carry semi-automatic rifles in public. No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VJPMeXQ6xk


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtUOopHPlMc
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:47 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,876 posts, read 13,589,123 times
Reputation: 5224
private business, they can make whatever rules they want to concerning firearms in their store. of course they can also increase the chances of them getting robbed and also lose the business of lots of firearms owners refusing to go there too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Tyler, TX
16,162 posts, read 19,066,652 times
Reputation: 8648
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tart Green Apple View Post
No fewer than five national food and beverage chains have now told them to get rid of their guns or get lost, including Starbucks, Wendy’s, Applebees, Jack in the Box, and Chipotle.
That's not what they said at all, at least Starbucks and Chipotle. I haven't heard anything about Applebees or JITB, so I can't comment on what they said, but Starbucks and Chipotle said no such thing.

You need to stop lying / misrepresenting what these companies have announced. If your position is valid, you shouldn't need to lie in order to promote it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Spokane, WA
1,990 posts, read 2,248,787 times
Reputation: 2363
Open carry people flaunt their guns like they accuse gay people of flaunting their "agenda". As a staunch second amendment supporter and gun owner, these people are not doing me any favors. At. All.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:51 AM
 
1,250 posts, read 1,234,039 times
Reputation: 1039
Why do gun nuts like showing off? I wonder what they're compensating for...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:52 AM
Status: "I am Astromigated!" (set 18 days ago)
 
11,725 posts, read 11,116,008 times
Reputation: 4624
My self as a gun owner would be very concerned when i saw some guys walking towards the restaurant i am in with long guns in their arms. Doesn't matter what the law is. Responsible gun owners wouldn't do this because anyone with a lick of sense knows that you are very likely to terrify the workers or patrons. Gun owners do not have the right to push there agenda on the open public. imo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:53 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,876 posts, read 13,589,123 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Open carry people flaunt their guns like they accuse gay people of flaunting their "agenda". As a staunch second amendment supporter and gun owner, these people are not doing me any favors. At. All.


when I lived in Wisconsin and before CCW was passed there, I always opened carried. better to have something than to be at the mercy of the criminals and the cops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:54 AM
 
12,792 posts, read 7,239,576 times
Reputation: 6819
Yes, being a firearms enthusiast I don't have much to say about those chains are private businesses and they are free to do as they want. This is nothing new , not sure why the anti gun people are quick to gloat over it.
My issue is with the A_$$hats that are pushing the open carry thing with these antics. They are doing nothing more than hurting the way people look at firearms owners. Pushing the agenda is just the wrong thing to do , especially at this time. I also didn't see any brandishing going on or assult rifles, but I only watched the first video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 10:56 AM
 
Location: somewhere in the woods
16,876 posts, read 13,589,123 times
Reputation: 5224
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Yes, being a firearms enthusiast I don't have much to say about those chains are private businesses and they are free to do as they want. This is nothing new , not sure why the anti gun people are quick to gloat over it.
My issue is with the A_$$hats that are pushing the open carry thing with these antics. They are doing nothing more than hurting the way people look at firearms owners. Pushing the agenda is just the wrong thing to do , especially at this time. I also didn't see any brandishing going on or assult rifles, but I only watched the first video.


I watched each video and saw no assault rifles at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-28-2014, 11:00 AM
 
Location: Spokane, WA
1,990 posts, read 2,248,787 times
Reputation: 2363
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
when I lived in Wisconsin and before CCW was passed there, I always opened carried. better to have something than to be at the mercy of the criminals and the cops.
Wisconsin? What city? I didn't realize there was a lot of violent criminals in WI? Lots of Officer involved shootings too?

Crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top