Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 01:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

So why is she surprised? Liberals have been adding people at the dependence bottom level since mid 60's.The bottom is always the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2014, 01:27 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,231,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
On that I agree completely. LOL. I seriously doubt her election if she were to run would change the direction of rising inequality.
Thank you for your candor.

Old 05-28-2014, 01:28 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Glorified housewife.
I'm really getting tired of these "Progressives" and their "inequality" mantra. There will always be inequality, because some people have more drive than others, some are smarter than others, some have more natural ability than others. We were not all made equal (except in terms as set forth in our Declaration, meaning natural rights).

The left has always tried to "equalize" everyone, with disastrous results, that have hindered everyone's liberty.

Old 05-28-2014, 02:13 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,228,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'm really getting tired of these "Progressives" and their "inequality" mantra. There will always be inequality, because some people have more drive than others, some are smarter than others, some have more natural ability than others. We were not all made equal (except in terms as set forth in our Declaration, meaning natural rights).

The left has always tried to "equalize" everyone, with disastrous results, that have hindered everyone's liberty.
Instead of people accepting their lot in life and doing their best to change it, they have become emboldened by a sense of entitlement that is justified by leftist policies.

Equality means "we deserve to receive freely what everyone else has earned."

Old 05-28-2014, 02:16 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
I love hand-wringing lectures about inequality from people whose net worth runs deep into eight figures.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:03 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Your words my friend ring so true. I have 3 grown children. The most successful the one so bright it scares me. Has an outstanding job, great benefits and a fantastic salary. Was always smart and yes had scholarships.

My youngest my daughter while successful, and has a real good life, had to work for it harder then my son, study her azz off. And worked 2 jobs often. Makes a pretty good salary, but no where what my youngest son makes.

Then their is my first born. Things were always harder for him, no matter how hard or how long he studied, things were just too hard for him. He tried and tried, but things did not come easy for him.

As he got older, things got a bit easier, and he fell into a pretty decent occupation, but had to prove himself over and over again, before moving up into the company.

Trying to same, that all things are not equal, based on how smart someone is, and the grades that they receive in High School and College. Of course things are not going to be on a equal playing field, really expect them too. The stupidity is trying to play that there is an inequality going on. There should be, some people are very deserving of the their life, while some are content just getting by. Upbringing, two strong loving mature parents, also help along the way.

Sorry but all people are not smart.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:04 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Production is all but gone.
Look at world economies. The ones doing well are the producers.

As a consumer nation we have to spend to get ahead.
To spend takes money.
But all we have now are low paying service jobs.

We. are. toast.
Just wait until automation hits big in the next 50 years. Delivery drivers will largely unnecessary. Fast food workers won't be needed. Big Box retail employees will be mostly gone. Simple medical tests will done by handheld computer. Non experimental surgeries will largely done by robots. Middle managers who spend their days on internet forums will be gone. The list goes on and on. We are going to have to get over the notion that one must "work" in order to get-by as there's not going to be very much work for nearly 200,000,000 working age Americans to do even if they wanted to.

But before we get there we have to address the widening gap between the .01% and everyone else. Take a look a most of Latin America and the former soviet block to see what societies with that much inequality looks like and ask yourself if that's what we want as a country. Now project that high-inequality out 50 years and take away almost all of the former low to middle paying jobs. It won't be a pretty outcome.

And as said before HR Clinton is one of the last politicians that should taking up this cause. Ms. former Wal-Mart board member and wife of the man who signed NAFTA and further deregulated Wall Street has no room to pontificate on the major inequality that she and the Blue Dogs enabled through the 80s-90s.

Last edited by Mr. Mon; 05-28-2014 at 03:31 PM..

Old 05-28-2014, 03:24 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
Just wait until automation hits big in the next 50 years. Delivery drivers will largely unnecessary. Fast food worker won't not needed. Big Box retail employees will mostly gone. Simple medical tests will done by handheld. Surgeries will largely done by robots. Middle managers who spend their days on internet forums will be gone. The list goes on and on. We are going to have to get over the notion that one must "work" in order to get-by as there's not going to be very much work for nearly 400,000,000 Americans to do even if they wanted to.

But before we get there we have to address the widening gap between the .01% and everyone else. Take a look a most of Latin America and the former soviet block to see what societies with that much inequality looks like and ask yourself if that's what we want as a country. Now fast forward that inequality 50 years and take away almost all of the former low to middle paying jobs. It won't be a pretty outcome.

And as said before HR Clinton is one of the last politicians that should taking up this cause. Ms. former Wal-Mart board member and wife of the man who signed NAFTA and further deregulated Wall Street has no room to pontificate on the major inequality that she and the Blue Dogs enable through the 80s-90s.
it is already here my friend and quietly being deployed.

They have perfected its operation and 10,000 of these babies will be deployed at warehouses all over the US by end of 2014. Amazon bought the company in 2012 and set to work on automation.

Oh there will still be some human interaction but far, far less than there is today.

A Day in the Life of a Kiva Robot - YouTube

Old 05-28-2014, 03:29 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,678,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Hillary Clinton: Country Has to Deal with the 'Cancer of Inequality'

My God this woman is an idiot. What the hell is she even talking about? Where is all this inequality exactly? And it is the CANCER OF LIBERALISM that destroys any ladders of opportunity.

America is the freest nation on Earth with the most opportunity out there for anyone to take advantage of and reach for their dreams. Yet it is the Democrats who stifle that. And yet, there will be the drones who will applaud and cheer her without thinking for a moment of the fact that she has no damn clue on what she is even talking about.
Obama has created how many more newly poor in this country, since taking office? It's up around 13 million, so there is your cancer of inequality, it's called ObamaNomics.

The Poverty and Inequality Report 2014

The official poverty rate increased from 12.5 percent in 2007 to 15.0 percent in 2012, and the child poverty rate increased from 18.0 percent in 2007 to 21.8 percent in 2012. The current poverty rates for the full population and for children rank among the very worst over the 13 years since 2000 (i.e., both are ranked 11th).
•
The latter increases in poverty, although substantial,would have been yet larger had the effects of the labor market downturn not been countered with aggressive safety net programs. Absent any safety net benefits in 2012, the supplemental poverty measure would have been 14.5 percentage points higher.

In other words, if we were not pouring billions into food Stamps and such, the US child poverty level would be about 36%. Now that is something for Obama to hang his economics hat on.

Old 05-28-2014, 03:44 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,349 times
She has no credibility on this issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies